• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
that's weird because we've beaten the saints in san fran and in new orleans the past 2 years

Just based on how they are currently playing, not recent historical record.

Hawks are mediocre on the road. Probably a 14 point difference from home games (most NFL teams are given 3 points for home field advantage) because noise + speed pass rushers is an incredibly good combo.

Doomsayer

But your season wasn't over and the Broncos weren't frauds after that game, right ;)

They also scored 33 points against an AFC powerhouse on the road... not 14 points against a gutter trash team.

Just saying, can't really take any positives from this game if your a Seahawk fan, other than the win that is.

squicken

The ball that was under-thrown and should have been intercepted you mean?

Yes. The Rams WRs never bail out a bad throw. Never see what Tate did let alone what Dez Bryant did vs DET. Everything has to be perfect. Hell Givens missed a tough catch on that offsides at the end. All that drafting and FA on Cook and they still lack a difference maker.

vTSRpN0.gif

cdyhybrid

They also scored 33 points against an AFC powerhouse on the road... not 14 points against a gutter trash team.

Just saying, can't really take any positives from this game if your a Seahawk fan, other than the win that is.
Obviously, but the win is what matters at the end of the day, especially a road division win. They'll play better.

Yeah, just looked it up. Could come down to Strength of Victory. Doubt it comes down to points scored and allowed. Ah, who am I kidding, it's exceedingly unlikely that the 49ers and Seahawks end with the same record. I think we'll both sweep the Cardinals and Rams though, FWIW.

It'll end at strength of victory which 49ers would win unless Green Bay starts sucking.

rando14

Naw there were certainly positives, they were strictly on the defensive side though: Earl Thomas was a monster (MVP of the game), our defense didnt give up a single touchdown, got a few interceptions, stopped the rams from scoring when it counted

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So losing to a good team is better than beating a bad team?

As far as quality of play goes, YES. If Givens (a bad receiver) doesn't drop that ball on 3rd down the Rams win.

What was the score when the 49ers played the Rams with Bradford in St. Louis?

cdyhybrid

As far as quality of play goes, YES. If Givens (a bad receiver) doesn't drop that ball on 3rd down the Rams win.

If if if.

Niners didn't beat the Rams at all last year in case you forgot. They aren't the Jags or Bucs.

Hawks and Niners are the Rams' Super Bowl.

Boose

I love that Schottenheimer has Stacy come back in to threaten the run.
Even tho he was clearly hurt on the sidelines.
Then proceed to have him go out wide.... like wtf.

rando14

dude who cares, you can't really extrapolate anything from this stuff. both the niners and hawks will look a LOT different when they play

ShaneB

Rams win if they make that earlier field goal as well, which would've set up the last play of the game being another close field goal instead of trying to push it in. But thinking what ifs will drive you crazy. Glad we got the win, but definitely an eye-opener.

squicken

I love that Schottenheimer has Stacy come back in to threaten the run.
Even tho he was clearly hurt on the sidelines.
Then proceed to have him go out wide.... like wtf.

Just ridiculous to go empty. He's done it for two years and it never works b/c teams always blitz off edge and Rams have no WRs who win quickly. They need rubs and/or play action to give them time

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Man hard to be a budding Hawks fan sometimes.

If we win we cheated, or the other team gave it to us, or we play easy teams..

Does Seattle ever get credit for earning a win?

Tonight's game I think the team believed the hype, and that this would be an easy win, and they quickly panicked after the "easy" was not happening.

I guess "lucky" is another tag to add to the list.

Mind you, I do not care. I live in Seattle so Hawks win equals happy co-workers. Until they bring us an NHL team I'm onboard for NFL I guess ;P

Maybe I believe in San Francisco too much, but I believe they'll beat New Orleans and Seattle. Outside of those two games, Carolina and maybe Arizona, I can't see them faring any worse than either two.

Top Bottom