• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

header.jpg

thankful.png

line3.jpg

line2.jpg

line1.jpg

line4.jpg

----------------------------------

HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC
BUF @ IND
PIT @ CLE
OAK @ CIN
DEN @ KC
SEA @ MIA
ATL @ TB
MIN @ CHI
BAL @ SD
STL @ ARI
SF @ NO
GB @ NYG

CAR @ PHI

HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC
BUF @ IND
PIT @ CLE
OAK @ CIN
DEN @ KC
SEA @ MIA
ATL @ TB
MIN @ CHI
BAL @ SD
STL @ ARI
SF @ NO
GB @ NYG

CAR @ PHI

harSon

Banned
Lebeau's defense needs linebackers and right now two of them are finished (Foote, Harrison) and one only shows up on occasion (Woodley).

It used to need linebackers and consistent pressure due the fear of getting decimated over the top because of our previously shit secondary sans Polamalu and Ike Taylor, but our secondary has been stellar as of late, and we're not nearly as dependent on our LB core anymore. Our only weakness is our front line and Foote, who make our run defense a liability at times.

And I'm not exactly sure how Harrison is finished. Dude still gets tackles, sacks, forces double teams and causes penalties (when they decide to actually call a hold). And Woodley, as you said, is definitely a streaky player.

Whomever they pick is just a band-aid.

Yeah, but you might as well get someone who's proven they can play at the NFL level as your backup. This isn't the time to try and mold and unproven dude, you're supposed to do that shit in the off season and pre season. Not 11 weeks into the regular season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Steelers suck!

Big Ben is not there this time to throw us into a bathroom stall!

For once we will fight back and say "NO!"

harSon

Banned
Come at us, bros

546843_10151153609306229_1227356710_n.jpg

Are you truly excited about your team's prospects though? They've looked like shit 3 of the last 4 weeks, and would easily have 3 losses if it weren't for the fact that they were playing the Browns and going against a Steelers team that was without Ben and insistent on sticking with a dude with fractured ribs. I mean, you're probably going to win the division (although the curse of fucking with the terrible towel might get you in 2 weeks, bad move on Ray Rice's part... and dumb considering he didn't do jack shit that game Lol), but how far do you think you'll go in the playoffs with Flacco behind center and that injured/old ass defense?

I know what's wrong with my team, a lack of Ben Roethlisberger, and there's a good chance he comes back by the time they go into the playoffs as the 6th seed. I'm not so sure there's anything your team can do to better themselves heading into the post season. Must be alarming.

It used to need linebackers and consistent pressure due the fear of getting decimated over the top because of our previously shit secondary sans Polamalu and Ike Taylor, but our secondary has been stellar as of late, and we're not nearly as dependent on our LB core anymore. Our only weakness is our front line and Foote, who make our run defense a liability at times.

And I'm not exactly sure how Harrison is finished. Dude still gets tackles, sacks, forces double teams and causes penalties (when they decide to actually call a hold). And Woodley, as you said, is definitely a streaky player.

Harrison still holds the run very well and does command attention. What I mean is that he's finished as a playmaker - Harrison is already 34 years old and by the time he rounds into shape (Which won't be this season) I doubt he'll even be on the team anymore.

Yeah, but you might as well get someone who's proven they can play at the NFL level as your backup. This isn't the time to try and mold and unproven dude, you're supposed to do that shit in the off season and pre season. Not 11 weeks into the regular season.
Whoever they get is just insurance in case Batch goes down. There's no use in getting Garrard for him to just sit on the bench.

LevelNth

Banned
I don't know, dude's defenses have been top 5 yardage wise and allowing 20 points and under (typically +/- 1 from 15) for damn near a decade.

Even with Polamalu out, and an old ass defense, the guy is still tops in the league yardage wise and 5th in the league in points allowed. And the defense has been one of the best in the league over the past 5 or so weeks.
I 187% agree with you. Consistently awesome no matter the injuries, even to one of the best safeties of all time. Dude is a mad scientist. That shit doesn't happen by accident.

I fell asleep in the third. Had to take a nap before shoving my will down Bobs gaping suck hole in Madden.
Am I blind or can you not use custom playbooks or save altered formations in the new franchise mode thing?

I 187% agree with you. Consistently awesome no matter the injuries, even to one of the best safeties of all time. Dude is a mad scientist. That shit doesn't happen by accident.

All of this Lebeau bitching is just testament to how spoiled Steelers fans are.

At the beginning of the season Lebeau was old and tired and needed to go. We'll just get that other guy who has top 5 defenses year in year out for a million years.

HOU @ DET-The Texans will serve up a batch on fresh beatdown to Fatford and the Lions
WAS @ DAL-Cowboys win at home...For America.
NE @ NYJ-Tebow is coming, but not yet. Patriots win...For Communism.

TEN @ JAC-CJ2K outruns the Jags
BUF @ IND-Bills don't have enough Luck.
PIT @ CLE-Fuck it, I believe in the Dawg Pound.
OAK @ CIN-AJ Green is silently becoming a top 5 wideout in this league.
DEN @ KC-Chiefs are the worst team in football. Nuff Said
SEA @ MIA-Cross-country trip following Turkey Day? The Seahawks aren't winning this game.
ATL @ TB-Fuck the Falcons. Go Bucs.
MIN @ CHI-Bears get back to their winning ways.
BAL @ SD-The Ravens shit all on the Chargers
STL @ ARI-I don't trust Arizona's line to protect anyone.
SF @ NO-Niners will find playing the Saints in the Superdome to be a much different experience than at Candlestick.
GB @ NYG-Regular Season game? The Packers aren't losing to the Giants.
--------------------

CAR @ PHI-Fire Ron Rivera

I don't give a fuck what happens in this game, I've given up on this season. Fire Ron Rivera.

Rumors going round that Hoyer's on the inside track to be signed and Plax too. A dirty Pat* on the team? The world must really be ending in a month.

David Wilson says he doesn't know why the Giants' staff doesn't trust him in pass protection.

The coaches banged Wilson for not being a complete back prior to the bye. "When you say show more, do more, you wonder, 'Where?'" Wilson said. "I mean, I work hard at practice and do my plays when I'm in and, so, (I'm) waiting." Wilson said he doesn't think he has missed a single blitz pickup since training camp ended.
Your move, coaching staff. I don't get the handling of Wilson at all.

HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC
BUF @ IND
PIT @ CLE
OAK @ CIN
DEN @ KC
SEA @ MIA
ATL @ TB
MIN @ CHI
BAL @ SD
STL @ ARI
SF @ NO
GB @ NYG

CAR @ PHI

harSon

Banned
All of this Lebeau bitching is just testament to how spoiled Steelers fans are.

At the beginning of the season Lebeau was old and tired and needed to go. We'll just get that other guy who has top 5 defenses year in year out for a million years.

I don't recall any criticisms being levied at Lebeau. People complained about the shitastic play of our injury ridden defense early into the season, but at Lebeau's coaching?

I'm thankful for the Dolphins revealing their true suckiness well before the playoffs so as to keep my hopes from getting too high.

Zero confidence in this team... but go Dolphins!

Im just sad I deleted the picture I got with him.

It was him standing about 4 feet away from me and I was doing pose like I was punting. He looked uncomfortable and I looked like a total douche.

=(

Top Bottom