• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Yeah I'd like a redo but at the time I admit I was all for it.

I am more angry at the Eagles non existant GM and the piss poor drafts we have had for the past 5-6 seasons. Its the lack of defensive talent/depth from those drafts that forced them to go on a FA spree in the first place.

Eagles love letting veterans walk only to replace them with their own young draft picks. Find philosophy except their drafts have been atrocious. They themselves depleted the talent on D and then when the drafts turned out to be busts they had to go after FAs.

Nnamdi over Joseph made perfect sense. And maybe he can still salvage whatever # of years he has left somewhere else but I think after this season his time with the Eagles is done. Too bad because I really thought he could be here for 4-5 seasons.

And which players has he been blaming publicly? Only incident I remember is the Juan comment after the loss to Detroit. Even then he went out of his way to clarify his comments and that he had nothing to do with Reid letting Juan go.

Which players has he publicly blamed? Why wouldn't they just outright release him like Babin if it was a problem?

I could see the effort thing with Babin. He was playing less and less naps, making tons of mistakes, and was just really ineffective.

Completely at a loss of words for why the same DLine that was so good against the pass last season is complete garbage all of a sudden.

I think Jenkins and Nnamdi are gone after this season. I'd get rid of DRC before Nnamdi but really won't care either way.

Also why do I get this stinking feeling that Reid will somehow find his way back? They will blame the injuries on OLINE, Vick missing time, McCoy and DJAX out, the transition midseason from one DC to another.

My personal theory is that Reid will be back with personnel power stripped, Roseman (GM) will be gone (though he signed a 4 year extension this offseason), and a brand new outsider GM brought in. And if that is the case, I hope Reid resigns on principle sine he is a control freak rather than lose power and coach.

Would love for them to bring back Mark Ross. Never should have let him or Modrak go.

Several times that Nnamdi has given up bigs plays this year he has let it be known that either it wasnt his responsibility, or that he was supposed to have help and didnt get it. I cant believe you think Roseman could be gone. He got that extension last offseason, even after how bad the team was. Lurie loves him, I have no doubt at all that he will be the GM for a long time.

Ready for new OP now.

Zbs30.gif

New thread

tumblr_l32bnjpnf01qzbf1fdh.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44816523

Sad that your best defensive play would sit on the niners bench!

You wish they could ball like him, unless you value Assisted tackles more hahaha :

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/totalTackles

Bow to D Wash, NO ONE is even close to his sacks at the position which is pretty freakin ridiculous for an ILB and he should have already hit 10 but the scabs took one away and awarded it to someone else earlier in the season. Both your LB's don't touch his solo tackles and and can't come close in yards lost from sacks because...they've barely sacked shit! Tied for 1 int with both of them but beats them in FF, pretty much every stat that matters besides hurries. If we draft Teo, we'll have the better ILB tandem ;)

You wish they could ball like him, unless you value Assisted tackles more hahaha :

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/totalTackles

Bow to D Wash, NO ONE is even close to his sacks at the position which is pretty freakin ridiculous for an ILB and he should have already hit 10 but the scabs took one away and awarded it to someone else earlier in the season. Both your LB's don't touch his solo tackles and and can't come close in yards lost from sacks because...they've barely sacked shit! Tied for 1 int with both of them but beats them in FF, pretty much every stat that matters besides hurries. If we draft Teo, we'll have the better ILB tandem ;)

Like I said, Washington wouldn't crack our starting lineup. Use whatever stats you want and I'll use stats to show Alex smith is a top 3 qb in the league

LevelNth

Banned
Paraag is a cap guru, he knows what's up and will make sure the Niners are on track in that regard.
This is exactly it. Look at the Finnegan deal last year compared to what Carlos Rogers got, despite having a much, much better season. The difference was insane.

The Niners right now have one of, if not the, best front offices in the NFL. Plus keep in mind people this is an extension, which means we still get Bowman next year on his old contract salary; a mere $575,000.

Having the extra $8.5m available if Smith is cut is going to be the Niner story of the offseason.

bluemax

Banned
You mean the same Harbaugh that the Steelers drop kicked to get to the Super Bowl in '96? Or the same Harbaugh who's Cardinals fell short of the BCS Championship? Or the same Harbaugh whose 49ers who fumbled away their chances at a Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game?

I'm sorry to say FMT, but all Harbaugh is good for is choking away Championship aspirations and settling for 3rd place. He's the next Andy Reid and Rex Ryan, except a few hundred pounds lighter.

Its Cardinal. The Stanford Cardinal. There's no s as it is not plural. They are not birds but rather a color.

bionic77

I just want to confirm that everyone here feels terrible that the Steelers might miss the playoffs because of a fluke injury to Ben and the fact we have no depth behind him.

You guys are joking but deep down you feel horrible too, right?

jbug617

Banned
I just want to confirm that everyone here feels terrible that the Steelers might miss the playoffs because of a fluke injury to Ben and the fact we have no depth behind him.

You guys are joking but deep down you feel horrible too, right?

I don't mind if the Steelers miss the playoffs.

effzee

Several times that Nnamdi has given up bigs plays this year he has let it be known that either it wasnt his responsibility, or that he was supposed to have help and didnt get it. I cant believe you think Roseman could be gone. He got that extension last offseason, even after how bad the team was. Lurie loves him, I have no doubt at all that he will be the GM for a long time.

Well I don't know if they have their panties in a bunch because of that but its true. Many times commentators and analysts have pointed out how badly Allen and or Coleman have blown their assignments. Nnamdi hasn't played as well as anyone thought he would but our safeties are horrendous and they are never where they should be. So I don't really care if he calls these scrubs out. Maybe Nnamdi has lost a step or isn't as good as everyone thought he would but he would look a hell of a lot better if they had any semblance of actual NFL quality safeties. Bell and Landry should have been signed here.

Big difference between him and Babin. Babin didn't even look like he was trying anymore.

Its not that I think Roseman will be gone, its just that I want him gone. His drafts have been terrible. He was the GM when they went on a FA spree which hasn't produced on field results. Plus he was the young hot shot who couldn't wait to get rid of key veterans. The dude has no scouting and or playing experience and comes from a lawyer background. Lurie needs to clean house.

And if he wants to bring Reid back as coach he has to make it clear it will only be as coach, that a true independent GM will be brought in, and Reid can't make wild decisions like hiring Juan as DC anymore. In this particular scenario I think Reid would resign. No way a man this stubborn would have his duties stripped and stay on board. He could easily go many places and get total control.

Dream would be to get Mark Ross back into this organization as the GM.

Show me the linebackers that can cover in this league, there aren't many. A true every down LB is invaluable.

You mean like Bowman and Willis...Neither come out on 3 WR sets...People fail to realize that a big part of why Willis' numbers are "down" is because he plays TE's in coverage..

eznark

Banned
Cheap shot artist dead beat dad Sapp is a Hall of Fame finalist? Maybe Namath will no longer be the biggest joke in Canton.

Top Bottom