• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Jeff Mcclain was just on the radio saying that Roseman cut Babin to send a message and that he is also considering cutting Nnmadi. Supposedly Nnamdi's teammates hate him for always blaming them in public and also for his part in Juan getting fired. Cant say I am sad to see Babin go, he was a great pass rusher last year but he seemed to really be mailing it in this year. The calf injury in training camp really seemed to slow him down as well.

Interesting stat on the Dolphins/Seahawks game:

The 24-21 victory Sunday against Seattle broke a streak of 49 consecutive losses in games in which Miami was trailing by seven or less in the fourth quarter, dating to a December 2005 game against the Jets.
I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was that bad.

MechDX

Jeff Mcclain was just on the radio saying that Roseman cut Babin to send a message and that he is also considering cutting Nnmadi. Supposedly Nnamdi's teammates hate him for always blaming them in public and also for his part in Juan getting fired. Cant say I am sad to see Babin go, he was a great pass rusher last year but he seemed to really be mailing it in this year. The calf injury in training camp really seemed to slow him down as well.

Hindsight is 20/20 but Im so damn glad we signed Joseph last year instead of Nnamdi.

squicken

giant effort issues on that d. bad teams always should play young guys trying to make it. vets will mail it in. i've watched enough awful football to know that. might as well let bryce brown learn ball security now than next year.

it's actually speaks well of reid. lots of shit coaches will try and save their jobs by cycling through vets, trying to scratch out pointless wins, instead of developing young guys.

Smokey

What do you think about the moving Barwin to the other side and letting Mercilous play the attacking side along with Braman?

I think it will ignite the pass rush. I've been wanting mercilous to get more playing time. He's better than Reed imo.

Ninja Scooter said:
Any speculation on where Babin might end up?
Whoever does will end up getting him for almost nothing. Only about 1.5million apparently as he's owed nothing from a contract perspective. Here's the current priority list for teams claiming off of the waiver wire:

1. Chiefs
2. Jaguars
3. Eagles
4. Raiders
5. Browns
6. Panthers
7. Chargers
8. Bills
9. Titans
10. Lions
11. Cardinals
12. Jets

Why do the Lions make so much sense? 1.5 million for the guy and they already play the Wide 9.

More on the Bowman deal:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Novarro Bowman's deal has only $7.5 million fully guaranteed. The rest of the $25.5 million is guaranteed for injury only. More coming.
Don't go too crazy on how HUGE it is until we see a better breakdown.

Talon said:
It's more the fact that they're paying Willis and Bowman a lot.
Watching them both play - I can't blame them. If it's a cap friendly deal (and we'll know once we get a yearly breakdown) then it makes sense.

squicken said:
Are there not any retailers that sell used phones?
Doesn't Gamestop resell iPhones?

Hindsight is 20/20 but Im so damn glad we signed Joseph last year instead of Nnamdi.

I really wanted the Bucs to pick up Joseph. Not because I thought he was better, but because he would have been slightly cheaper, just as young, and almost as good. And damn do we need corner help. I've been raging over the last few drafts because the bucs havent been spending at least 2nd round picks on CB. Instead we got Brian Price and Arrelious Benn. : /

Talon

The stratification between premier players on the LOS and on the edge in a 3-4 is greater than at ILB. Especially in a league where more and more offenses are using 3 WR packages as their base offense.

I already stated that Bowman is a beast - I think he's pretty much interchangeable with Willis at this point. It's surprising that you'd invest that much money on those two guys when a guy like Aldon needs to be paid soon. More power to you if you can keep everyone.

The stratification between premier players on the LOS and on the edge in a 3-4 is greater than at ILB. Especially in a league where more and more offenses are using 3 WR packages as their base offense.

I already stated that Bowman is a beast - I think he's pretty much interchangeable with Willis at this point. It's surprising that you'd invest that much money on those two guys when a guy like Aldon needs to be paid soon. More power to you if you can keep everyone.

Bowman and Willis don't come off the field often, even against 3+ wr sets

effzee

Not trying to rub salt in but for the price you guys payed Nnamdi we got Joseph and Danieal Manning at safety.

Yeah I'd like a redo but at the time I admit I was all for it.

I am more angry at the Eagles non existant GM and the piss poor drafts we have had for the past 5-6 seasons. Its the lack of defensive talent/depth from those drafts that forced them to go on a FA spree in the first place.

Eagles love letting veterans walk only to replace them with their own young draft picks. Find philosophy except their drafts have been atrocious. They themselves depleted the talent on D and then when the drafts turned out to be busts they had to go after FAs.

Nnamdi over Joseph made perfect sense. And maybe he can still salvage whatever # of years he has left somewhere else but I think after this season his time with the Eagles is done. Too bad because I really thought he could be here for 4-5 seasons.

And which players has he been blaming publicly? Only incident I remember is the Juan comment after the loss to Detroit. Even then he went out of his way to clarify his comments and that he had nothing to do with Reid letting Juan go.

Which players has he publicly blamed? Why wouldn't they just outright release him like Babin if it was a problem?

I could see the effort thing with Babin. He was playing less and less naps, making tons of mistakes, and was just really ineffective.

Completely at a loss of words for why the same DLine that was so good against the pass last season is complete garbage all of a sudden.

I think Jenkins and Nnamdi are gone after this season. I'd get rid of DRC before Nnamdi but really won't care either way.

Also why do I get this stinking feeling that Reid will somehow find his way back? They will blame the injuries on OLINE, Vick missing time, McCoy and DJAX out, the transition midseason from one DC to another.

My personal theory is that Reid will be back with personnel power stripped, Roseman (GM) will be gone (though he signed a 4 year extension this offseason), and a brand new outsider GM brought in. And if that is the case, I hope Reid resigns on principle sine he is a control freak rather than lose power and coach.

Would love for them to bring back Mark Ross. Never should have let him or Modrak go.

Top Bottom