• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

WedgeX

Banned
Well, the local Detroit media has turned on Suh.

Lions should consider trading Suh.

Drew Sharp said:
If the Lions are smart -- and isn't that assuming a lot? -- they should seriously entertain trading offers for Suh this off-season. He may never shake free from the branding as a needlessly angry, impulsive reactionary who may annually face some form of NFL investigation for his on-field antics.

That's not worth it for the Lions, especially considering how much they invested in their top three draft picks when they were historically bad. They've already made Calvin Johnson the highest paid non-quarterback in NFL history. They might only have room to keep either quarterback Matthew Stafford or Suh following next season.

Suh remains one of the most puzzling, contradictory personalities in Detroit sports history. He's intelligent, articulate. He has an engineering degree from Nebraska. On many levels, Suh's what you want all athletes to use as a blueprint. But he's also annoyingly arrogant and capricious. Suh still believes that the NFL must change to how he plays because the league's never before experienced his combination of size and speed.

I like Drew Sharp. And I don't entirely disagree with him.

You mean the same Harbaugh that the Steelers drop kicked to get to the Super Bowl in '96? Or the same Harbaugh who's Cardinals fell short of the BCS Championship? Or the same Harbaugh whose 49ers who fumbled away their chances at a Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game?

I'm sorry to say FMT, but all Harbaugh is good for is choking away Championship aspirations and settling for 3rd place. He's the next Andy Reid and Rex Ryan, except a few hundred pounds lighter.

Must make you furious to get tea bagged by the niners all year since you live in the bay. How's harbaughs dick taste!

bionic77

Eh, even if we lose this week, our remaining schedule is against the Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals and Browns, which are all winnable games assuming Ben is back. The Bengals play Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles and Ravens. Unfortunately, they play the Ravens the last week of the season, and unless the Ravens are in contention for the #1 seed, I don't see them playing all of their starters.

If we can win out, then we'd have the tie breaker over the Bengals considering we'll have beaten them twice. Hopefully one of their upcoming opponents can beat them, or better yet, we take things into our own hands and ride Batch's youthful body to a victory over the Ravens on the road this Sunday.
It is never going to happen but I would do almost anything to see a Batch and Flacco miracle win in Baltimore.

Flacco did all he could for us 2 weeks ago, but he only plays on one side of the ball and we need our offense to at least score 20 points to give Flacco and our defense a fighting chance.

Also FMT eat a bag of dicks! We have an elite qb and without him our team is worse than the Browns. With him we schooled the Giants. You have forgotten what a good qb can do for a team but they mean a lot!

You mean the same Harbaugh that the Steelers drop kicked to get to the Super Bowl in '96? Or the same Harbaugh who's Cardinals fell short of the BCS Championship? Or the same Harbaugh whose 49ers who fumbled away their chances at a Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game?

Don't forget he fell short in Harbowl I

LevelNth

Banned
Who the shit would actually GIVE UP something for Suh? He sucks and is a personal nightmare.

I wouldn't want him on the Niners if the Lions even gave him to us WITH extra picks.

Thank you Jonathan Vilma. :/
Torn achilles, apparently.

Giants update:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Ryan Torain one of RBs from last week @JennyVrentas mentioned who is working out for Giants today.

I would be fine with that pickup for depth. Torain and Brown are similar downhill runners.

Ryan Grant and Cadillac Williams are also at the workout.

Fox318

Who the shit would actually GIVE UP something for Suh? He sucks and is a personal nightmare.

I wouldn't want him on the Niners if the Lions even gave him to us WITH extra picks.

Trade a bad player and a pick for him?

I'm sure a GM could get the money situation handled out.

Jets wouldn't be a good fit for him.

I agree with Ez in that the Rams may go for him.

Nakazato

Why exactly is David Garrard not allowed to play in the NFL? I mean it must be because he's not allowed to right? Otherwise it doent make a lot of sense that teams are rolling with garbage at QB like Batch, Lindley, and Foles. Gerrard isnt great by an means but he is perfect for a backup role.
I heard on jax sports talk radio if is going start he isnt going to play and that was from his mouth.

It is never going to happen but I would do almost anything to see a Batch and Flacco miracle win in Baltimore.

Flacco did all he could for us 2 weeks ago, but he only plays on one side of the ball and we need our offense to at least score 20 points to give Flacco and our defense a fighting chance.

Also FMT eat a bag of dicks! We have an elite qb and without him our team is worse than the Browns. With him we schooled the Giants. You have forgotten what a good qb can do for a team but they mean a lot!

You have an elite qb but a shitty team. Congrats! Niners have an average qb and a great team so the bag of dicks will be for YOUR consumption while the steelers are at home for the playoffs watching the harbaugh brothers run wild on this league!

LevelNth

Banned
Losing Hunter for the year really sucks, but I considering James is about the same size (little taller, little thinner) I'm very excited to see what he can do. Jacobs is Jacobs but at least we're going to get something out of him now.

Jenkins I don't think will have as much of an impact with Williams gone, but I do want to see what he can do in the slot. Randy should get some more shots now too.

Losing Hunter for the year really sucks, but I considering James is about the same size (little taller, little thinner) I'm very excited to see what he can do. Jacobs is Jacobs but at least we're going to get something out of him now.

Jenkins I don't think will have as much of an impact with Williams gone, but I do want to see what he can do in the slot. Randy should get some more shots now too.

Not sure how much I trust LMJ yet but hoping for the best!

bionic77

You have an elite qb but a shitty team. Congrats! Niners have an average qb and a great team so the bag of dicks will be for YOUR consumption while the steelers are at home for the playoffs watching the harbaugh brothers run wild on this league!
I think we could do what the Giants did last year. We are going to be 6-6 with losses to the Raiders, Browns and Raiders. Sound familiar?

Your team peaked/choked last year and benched their 1st round qb for an unproven rookie. That formula never works unless you add Jesus or devilry and video cameras. You have neither. Our formula of sucking dick in the regular season has a proven track record. It will be nice seeing the Steelers get their 7th Superbowl. :D

squicken

I think we could do what the Giants did last year. We are going to be 6-6 with losses to the Raiders, Browns and Raiders. Sound familiar?

Your team peaked/choked last year and benched their 1st round qb for an unproven rookie. That formula never works unless you add Jesus or devilry and video cameras. You have neither. Our formula of sucking dick in the regular season has a proven track record. It will be nice seeing the Steelers get their 7th Superbowl. :D

The flaw here is that you have to first make the playoffs. Can't catch that magic if you are at home. Your division record is going to kill you as a tiebreaker

Seda

Wow how have I never heard of this GAF Quick Reply add-on for Chrome? So awesome.

Quick Reply plus the auto updater/refresher (whatever it's called) is the only way to follow this thread on NFL Sunday, I don't know how to do it otherwise.

MechDX

Marathon men. Before we get too far from Week 12, I wanted to recognize two Houston Texans. In the span of five days last week, tackle Duane Brown and linebacker Connor Barwin played every snap on offense and defense, respectively, for Houston in two overtime victories, over Jacksonville on Sunday and Detroit Thursday. Ten quarters of football. Brown played 189 snaps, including 16 on special teams, while Barwin, as I noted Friday, played 184 overall. "Having the mini-bye afterward is nice,'' Barwin said, "but I don't think I'm in favor of the Thursday games. It's too much."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/27/Week-12/index.html#ixzz2DSD6APbO

Thats a lot of football to play in 5 days. Duane Brown is finally getting some recognition, the man is a beast at LT. Glad we got him to sign an extension this year.

MechDX

I learned about him in my trip to Houston.

What is his Ninja Assassin bullshit?

Ninja Assassin is Antonio Smith, DE.
Antonio-Smith-Houston-Texans-ninja-tunnel.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb5rG3qn_So

jmdajr

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/27/Week-12/index.html#ixzz2DSD6APbO

Thats a lot of football to play in 5 days. Duane Brown is finally getting some recognition, the man is a beast at LT. Glad we got him to sign an extension this year.

That's all well and good I guess. It's too bad Barwin will probably still not get signed.
I think everyone thinks he's under performing because it's always about the sacks.
Obviously it's more than just that but we'll see.

krae_man

wait a second

kave_man has an alt?

krae_man with a cat avatar...why'd you make it so obvious bro

All we have in common 7 characters of our username, being canadian and having cat avatars. Why in the world would you think we are the same person?

We are actually not the same person and just crossed paths on GAF for the first time a few months ago

2 gallon mark today giving blood. They even gave me a pin, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's the same one they gave me for the 1 gallon mark

Top Bottom