• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
For a change because of how bad the AFC is I'd like to see the Browns run off a few wins here to put themselves in the hunt only to lose in heartbreaking fashion.

I just want to know what it feels like to have some hope. I think it'd be fun.

Nori Chan

For a change because of how bad the AFC is I'd like to see the Browns run off a few wins here to put themselves in the hunt only to lose in heartbreaking fashion.

you dont want that man

you just dont

Trust me man, it's not fun. It is not fun at all.

Sapp was on Dan Patrick this morning and he savaged Suh. Said he doesn't have the awareness to swim to the ball or see the play develop. Guy's just a mauler, nothing more. Said Fairley was better than him.

Isn't Polamalu going to practice tomorrow as well?

Yeah, he is. Still questionable as of now but could get the nod if he makes it through practice. I'm not sure what to make of that. Love Troy, but the chemistry in the secondary has been good and I'd hate to make changes now. On the other hand, they do need a guy to make "splash plays" as Tomlin would say. Maybe Troy could provide that....if he's 100%.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, fuck that shit. Sucking all year is much better. Low expectations, no disappointment. Try losing to a 7-9 team on a last minute beast run. CLick JaknCokes' tag for details...

Kendall Hunter done for the season with his ankle injury:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/11/27/kendall-hunter-out-for-season/1729443/

San Francisco 49ers running back Kendall Hunter will miss the rest of the season with a left ankle injury suffered in Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints, according to a person informed of the prognosis for Hunter.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the 49ers haven't yet announced how long Hunter will be sidelined, did not specify the injury. The Niners said only Hunter had suffered an ankle injury on Sunday.

Brandon Jacobs getting more carries?

Why exactly is David Garrard not allowed to play in the NFL? I mean it must be because he's not allowed to right? Otherwise it doent make a lot of sense that teams are rolling with garbage at QB like Batch, Lindley, and Foles. Gerrard isnt great by an means but he is perfect for a backup role.

Yeah, he is. Still questionable as of now but could get the nod if he makes it through practice. I'm not sure what to make of that. Love Troy, but the chemistry in the secondary has been good and I'd hate to make changes now. On the other hand, they do need a guy to make "splash plays" as Tomlin would say. Maybe Troy could provide that....if he's 100%.

Doubt he'll play. Like you said this secondary is good (Will Allen would have stolen the SS spot from Mundy even without the penalties) and Tomlin will want to save Troy for a Wild Card run.

Why exactly is David Garrard not allowed to play in the NFL? I mean it must be because he's not allowed to right? Otherwise it doent make a lot of sense that teams are rolling with garbage at QB like Batch, Lindley, and Foles. Gerrard isnt great by an means but he is perfect for a backup role.

He's too expensive for teams that aren't going anywhere.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
you dont want that man

you just dont

I think I do. What's the worse that can happen?

Oh no more heartbreak! I've only been swallowing sadness for 6 seasons, a little bit more won't hurt me.

I'd just like to see meaningful games at the end of the season for once.

Doubt he'll play. Like you said this secondary is good (Will Allen would have stolen the SS spot from Mundy even without the penalties) and Tomlin will want to save Troy for a Wild Card run.

Yeah, my initial thinking was that we wouldn't see him till the 9th or 16th of December. If it were me, I'd hold to that. But with Tomlin, who knows.

jbug617

Banned
I think I do. What's the worse that can happen?

Oh no more heartbreak! I've only been swallowing sadness for 6 seasons, a little bit more won't hurt me.

I'd just like to see meaningful games at the end of the season for once.

The thing is don't want Browns fans want Shumur out and possible Weeden also. Also if you guys suck you get a better draft pick. No way the Browns can miss their opportunity at a change the franchise player 3 yrs in a row right?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The thing is don't want Browns fans want Shumur out and possible Weeden also. Also if you guys suck you get a better draft pick. No way the Browns can miss their opportunity at a change the franchise player 3 yrs in a row right?

matt-millen1.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe

Luckily for us this year is stacked with pass rushers. If in the unfortunate case we do win 2 more games we should still be in the top 10 and able to pick a top quality DE.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Luckily for us this year is stacked with pass rushers. If in the unfortunate case we do win 2 more games we should still be in the top 10 and able to pick a top quality DE.

Pretty much what Wes said.

There isn't a QB at this time at least that I'd feel is a vast improvement over Weeden. I fully expect him to be back next season at worse competing for the starting spot. As of now I expect him to still be the starter next year.

Also I just realized! Browns are 2-3 in the division! I don't think I've ever seen that!

harSon

Banned
Wow we are really fucked. Hopefully the Chargers can beat the Bungles...

Eh, even if we lose this week, our remaining schedule is against the Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals and Browns, which are all winnable games assuming Ben is back. The Bengals play Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles and Ravens. Unfortunately, they play the Ravens the last week of the season, and unless the Ravens are in contention for the #1 seed, I don't see them playing all of their starters.

If we can win out, then we'd have the tie breaker over the Bengals considering we'll have beaten them twice. Hopefully one of their upcoming opponents can beat them, or better yet, we take things into our own hands and ride Batch's youthful body to a victory over the Ravens on the road this Sunday.

Eh, even if we lose this week, our remaining schedule is against the Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals and Browns, which are all winnable games assuming Ben is back. The Bengals play Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles and Ravens. Unfortunately, they play the Ravens the last week of the season, and unless the Ravens are in contention for the #1 seed, I don't see them playing all of their starters.

If we can win out, then we'd have the tie breaker over the Bengals considering we'll have beaten them twice. Hopefully one of their upcoming opponents can beat them, or better yet, we take things into our own hands and ride Batch's youthful body to a victory over the Ravens on the road this Sunday.

Dont worry the Eagles got this for you guys.
man that game is going to be a massacre

Your team sucks dick and you need to accept that. Steelers whine about losing because of their backup qb and the niners dominate with their backup.

Enjoy the next decade of irrelevance while harbs rules this league with an iron fist

jmdajr

A little early on the trigger dumping D. Jackson, but it worked out.

Vick and McCoy should just take the rest of the season off.

vedderlax11

Neo Member

There isn't a QB at this time at least that I'd feel is a vast improvement over Weeden. I fully expect him to be back next season at worse competing for the starting spot. As of now I expect him to still be the starter next year.

Also I just realized! Browns are 2-3 in the division! I don't think I've ever seen that!

Having your hopes and dreams of scraping out of mediocrity only to have them smashed is infinitely better than the black hole of misery that we had to go through for the decade and half before Marvin took over.

harSon

Banned
Your team sucks dick and you need to accept that. Steelers whine about losing because of their backup qb and the niners dominate with their backup.

Enjoy the next decade of irrelevance while harbs rules this league with an iron fist

You mean the same Harbaugh that the Steelers drop kicked to get to the Super Bowl in '96? Or the same Harbaugh who's Cardinals fell short of the BCS Championship? Or the same Harbaugh whose 49ers who fumbled away their chances at a Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game?

I'm sorry to say FMT, but all Harbaugh is good for is choking away Championship aspirations and settling for 3rd place. He's the next Andy Reid and Rex Ryan, except a few hundred pounds lighter.

Fox318

People will dump on Norv, but Jesus Christ you have 8 players that have an opportunity to make a play and they all whiff.

Also, love that Jacoby Jones just comes to run up and mark a 1st down.

Weak ass players spoiled by good weather and media that doesn't care.

Not that Norv is any good anyway.

Should sweep the Steelers for maximum lulz.

Top Bottom