• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Yeah Talbot doesn't score, but he's a GREAT PK guy and solidifies the lower lines, for a reasonable price.

McClement replacement confirmed.

.. Less pissed knowing he's a PK guy, but still. We could've got a pick out of it for fuck sake.

Who did Downie piss off? He was getting all sorts of praise for being a key piece to the Avs start.

His reputation never sat well with anyone in Denver. I'm not pissed that he's gone, just that what we got in return doesn't make a whole lot of sense for what we need.

McClement replacement confirmed.

.. Less pissed knowing he's a PK guy, but still. We could've got a pick out of it for fuck sake.

Although our PK is already really good. At any rate this really wasn't what I was anticipating with the Avs falling back down to Earth.

Although our PK is already really good. At any rate this really wasn't what I was anticipating with the Avs falling back down to Earth.

I'm holding out for a bigger trade later today/tomorrow that makes everything make more sense. Mitchell looked like he may be getting shipped out when we stole Cliche away in waivers, we could get a decent return for him +/or Stastny.

Hunter S.

I suspect Pierre Alexander aka P.A. will be moving up to the 2nd or 1st line. With his point production he was being wasted on the third line. This Talbot guy seems to be brought in for veteran leadership, which is certainly a thing the avs lack in.

If we're literally just putting Talbot in for Downie I have no words. What the fuck is happening in this city.

WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE CENTERS EVEN IF WE GAVE STASTNY AWAY FOR FREE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, I was going to ask if his production dropped off or something... Downie has been awesome for the avs from what I've seen, you definitely got shafted then.

Hunter S.

I wonder how the Altitude announcers are going to spin this, "Peter, Varly clearly did not do this, he was actually visiting kids in hospitals and bringing about world peace."
lol, it we be barley mentioned I am sure. Considering Varly is still allowed to travel with the team, it might be quite some time that Varly can play before anything is settled.

Parch

Considering Varly is still allowed to travel with the team, it might be quite some time that Varly can play before anything is settled.
Why?
Innocent before proven guilty, and it's probably just going to be a misdemeanor charge if anything. There really is no reason he can't play.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why?
Innocent before proven guilty, and it's probably just going to be a misdemeanor charge if anything. There really is no reason he can't play.

Bettman has the right to suspend any player under ongoing criminal investigation until it's settled. Until we hear otherwise from Bettman and if Varlamov is allowed to leave the state, he's technically allowed to play.

Hunter S.

Why?
The judge that released him on bail said he can travel with the team. If the case makes it to court it will not be for some time. So clearly the altitude announcers will avoid the subject of Varly and focus more on the team.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The judge that released him on bail said he can travel with the team. If the case makes it to court it will not be for some time. So clearly the altitude announcers will avoid the subject of Varly and focus more on the team.

"OMG Varlamov absolutely robbed him there! I mean... I'm not saying he should be in jail... Eh... Uh... It was just an expression... Uh... I mean... "

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like the Emelin signing, if they waited longer he'd probably be asking for $5 M +, it was pretty obvious how important to the team he his after they went into the ahitter following his injury. He's suppose to be back next month too, a full month ahead of schedule so I assume his rehab went great and the team doctors are confident in his abilities.

I think it may be time to part with Markov, but letting him go in Free Agency would be dumb. It would be nice to get something for him while he's still got a year or two left. Of course, if Tinordi and Beaulieu can't be regulars we'd be screwed.
Markov has been great ever since he's been with Subban, if he will take a discount I would like to see him back if he can keep up his current play. I'm just not sure if he wants to try and cash in a final big contract, or will be willing to take a home town discount.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got tickets to see the Rangers lose live on monday against the ducks

But…no Teemu :(
Yeah I was looking forward to that game to see Teemu live one last time (actually come to think of it I'm not sure I've ever seen Teemu live), but now that it's just going to be a regular old thrashing I'm not really into it anymore.

Sanjuro

Cafeteria lady at school dressed up as blackface aunt jemima

ziPTR.gif

Yeah I was looking forward to that game to see Teemu live one last time (actually come to think of it I'm not sure I've ever seen Teemu live), but now that it's just going to be a regular old thrashing I'm not really into it anymore.

Dude at school got free tickets so I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth but would have loved to have seen him one last time.

I don't see how she was allowed to do that.

Also, Avs not calling up a goalie so Varly is going to Dallas. It's a back-to-back game situation with Montreal on Saturday so you would think he will be playing one of those games.

manfestival

ok since im trying to get into hockey now and only know football

can someone kinda do cross referencing with the nfl to help me understand how things work around here? for example: is there a team thats as annoying and has an annoying fanbase as the cowboys or what is the "cowboys" of the nhl? who is currently the best player and goalie in the nhl? I do read power rankings so I got an idea about team rankings. Is there any team that usually is bad like the browns? Are there any cities unworthy of a fanbase/team like the jags? also what are the most marketable teams(teams seen most on tv) that could compare to say like commercials always showing cowboys, eagles, giants, pats, manning(he is the team), and etc? also what are the most hated and liked teams?

sorry for all the questions but im really curious to how things work. also scarrr and penulty

Top Bottom