• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

I know it's a tough situation but you should lighten up a little bit.

It's a little hard to do when I'm faced with 'he turned himself in, he's guilty' and shit like that. On the one hand you're stupid enough to believe that in any circumstance if someone turns themself in they must be guilty even if they would otherwise be a fugitive. Or on the other hand, you weren't aware of the fact that he had a warrant out for his arrest. Which would mean you're making claims about his guilt/innocence without actually knowing the facts that the public has been given.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Darren Dredger said:
If I were picking the CDN Oly team, Subban would be on it. Based on intel gathered, at this pt, he's a longshot...behind Boyle and Letang.
Sigh.

I didn't know about the warrant out for his arrest, I was forming an opinion on the facts I was given like everyone else does all the time. My bad bruh. You guys can have Budaj back for cheap if it helps.

Hunter S.

Maaan how dare you take a shot at the Browns when your Bucs are horriawful and contaminating the league!

If you want to compare between what you've seen in NFL-GAF...

Leafs = Pats (minus the championships)
Penguins = Seahawks
Canucks = Texans
Blackhawks = Broncos (minus Tabris)
Winnipeg Jets = Browns
Oilers = Bucs
Senators = Panthers
So you are saying the Broncos will be super Bowl Champions like the Hawks are cup champions. I like how you think cat. You are a friend to Broncos country.

Quick

Banned
Aw c'mon now. The Oilers were in the finals as recently as 2006.

When's the last time the Leafs made the finals? Was anybody here even ALIVE when that happened?

Oilers have been bad for a few years. Leafs have been bad for a few decades.

Leafs have been bad, but the team's has been on a rebuild. We knew it was going to get bad before it got better. And it did get bad.

We made it to the playoffs last season, and the team is looking pretty good so far. We're only a month into the season, so there's still time for things to go wrong, but I'm confident that the team can sustain the momentum from October for the most part.

The Oilers had the luxury of drafting three first overall picks and the chance at a rebuild. There's no set time frame to complete a rebuild, but at least the Leafs are showing huge strides compared to the past few years.

TLDR: Don't talk shit until the Oilers get better overall.

I laughed at it, Red. Even though I didn't acknowledge it.

Just got tickets to see the Rangers lose live on monday against the ducks

But…no Teemu :(

No Teemu vs Iginla tonight either :(

Battle of the legends.

Man, it's gonna suck when Teemu goes next year and then absolutely nobody will give a shit about the Ducks on any level whatsoever.

Sure we may have one of the best power forwards in the league today, and Perry who is a skillful Hart/Richard winner but is hated by everybody just because his playstyle is the offensive-minded version of Kronwall. Silfverberg will only be adored by Sens and Ducks fans and our bright prospects/newbies will only be adored in a few years time when they reach the level that Getzlaf/Perry are currently at, and only IF they keep developing and don't fuck up outside the ice or even on the ice.

John Gibson will be adored by all Americans, if and only if he pans out at in international level and grabs a gold medal for Team USA outside of the World Juniors. Andersen and Fasth will only get us so far in the media, until they reach Vezina levels.

All I'm complaining about is the fact that every time the media and fans of other teams glance at the Ducks, we won't have the adoration of Teemu to help boost our teams reputation. We'll just be a bunch of ragtag kids from District 5 who keep winning games under coach Bombay.

And keep winning, we hopefully, will.

Cafeteria lady at school dressed up as blackface aunt jemima

How the fuck does that shit even fly in 2013? How is it not common sense to NOT FUCKING BLACKFACE IT UP!?

A preview of Maclean's top line tomorrow.

Varlamov- Spezza- Rob Ford

The D pairing.

Nexus 5- Karlsson.

I laughed heartily. Rob Ford is awesome. Vote Rob Ford 2013. FORD MORE YEARS.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hah! Dstly pls

Just bring Kariya out of retirement. I liked Teemu getting his Cup but I wish Kariya also got that honour as well. Maybe if he had only stayed a bit longer or if Granato knew how to fucking coach a team with that many stars on it, Kariya would've had one.

Quick

Banned
YOU NEVER GIVE ME ANY ATTENTION

You know I love you, Red.

ibrjCirSKqQZqo.gif

helo red man

Hah! Dstly pls

Just bring Kariya out of retirement. I liked Teemu getting his Cup but I wish Kariya also got that honour as well. Maybe if he had only stayed a bit longer or if Granato knew how to fucking coach a team with that many stars on it, Kariya would've had one.

I was always hoping there would be some sort of huge Kariya acknowledgement this year with the throwback and 20th anniversary being the theme of this season. Unfortunately though, when Kariya was put in the spotlight he just talked of regret and headaches and how much disdain he has for the organisation. There was never any closure with him and now it looks like the golden days of "off the ice, on the boards" will always stay there in the past.

I will always love Kariya, so will many other Ducks fans, but he and the organisation will never love each other.

Assuming our first jersey retirement will actually be Selanne, then hopefully Giggy. Would've loved it to be Herbert, Rucchin, Kariya or even Neidermayer.

Maybe if it were clever and/or funny Avs fans would lighten up about it, yet it's neither of those things. Saying a forward would serve Varly's sentence if he is convicted is funny. The Roy jokes are bad.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You know I love you, Red.
Only because I'm not from Winnipeg.

helo red man
Ducks fly together.

Maybe if it were clever and/or funny Avs fans would lighten up about it, yet it's neither of those things. Saying a forward would serve Varly's sentence if he is convicted is funny. The Roy jokes are bad.
Bunch of people here thought it was funny, you should PM them and tell them they're wrong.

Samyy

Dammit kid! Take 4 during the year and 1 in the summer! You trying to kill yourself?!

I only have 4 courses this semester, I took one during the summer. I thought I was going to be okay but this fucking school jesus christ the profs are all on fucking crack.

Not to mention they go right up to the exam period AND my exams are all within 1-2 days of each other so gonna have to get 3-4 hours of sleep the next month to even maintain my GPA.

MutFox

Banned
Everyone hates the Leafs.

Even on away games they basically force the home teams to play at the Leafs time.
They get princessed and still suck.

I don't even know of another sport/league where a home team has to constantly play at an away team's time.

Parch

The leafs were still good in the 90s/early 00s, they just never won a cup.
Just never won a cup? You can't win if you can't even make the finals.

Lets look at Canadian team success since expansion...

Winnipeg Jets - They're noobs (again), reasonable excuse.
Ottawa Senators - One final, One President's Trophy.
Vancouver Canucks - Two finals, Two President's Trophies.
Calgary Flames - Three finals, One Stanley Cup, Two President's Trophies.
Edmonton Oilers - Seven finals, Five Stanley Cups, Two President's Trophies
Montreal Canadiens - Ten finals, Nine Stanley Cups

Toronto Maple Leafs - NOTHING, ZIP, NADA

Leafs have done nothing for decades. Winning an occasional playoff round is not success. They do have one thing. They have the honor of being Canada's laughing-stock generation after generation.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I only have 4 courses this semester, I took one during the summer. I thought I was going to be okay but this fucking school jesus christ the profs are all on fucking crack.

Not to mention they go right up to the exam period AND my exams are all within 1-2 days of each other so gonna have to get 3-4 hours of sleep the next month to even maintain my GPA.
Oh, the profs there are definitely on something. No confirmation but lots and lots of rumors and 'inside sources'
Everyone hates the Leafs.

Even on away games they basically force the home teams to play at the Leafs time.
They get princessed and still suck.

I don't even know of another sport/league where a home team has to constantly play at an away team's time.
To be fair, a lot of those away games are home games for us anyways ;)

Samyy

Oh, the profs there are definitely on something. No confirmation but lots and lots of rumors and 'inside sources'

To be fair, a lot of those away games are home games for us anyways ;)

I hear that campus police are very "disappointed" with these profs but they are holding onto their positions.

You mean confirmation from the team? Cause we'll need more than that, confirmation from Bettman that Varlamov won't be suspended until the case is over has to come first.

While Bettman has the power to suspend anyone he wants, he's not going to do it before Varlamov is actually convicted. Yeah though, confirmation from the team is what Dater meant.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Leafs have done nothing for decades. Winning an occasional playoff round is not success. They do have one thing. They have the honor of being Canada's laughing-stock generation after generation.
Eh, if they ever won, haters would still be moving those goal posts.

Why are we pointing out that the Leafs are a joke franchise again?

Cuz were teaching the new guy.
Damn right we are.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Aw c'mon now. The Oilers were in the finals as recently as 2006.

When's the last time the Leafs made the finals? Was anybody here even ALIVE when that happened?

Oilers have been bad for a few years. Leafs have been bad for a few decades.

You do realize you haven't even come close to the playoffs since that finals appearance in 2006 right? Are we pretending the last 7 years don't count?

Also congrats for all the loleafs since the lockout of not making the playoffs Edmonton will somehow manage to surpass the Leafs in the length between their last playoff appearance. But it's okay we've only been bad for decades, the Oilers just may end up not making the playoffs for an entire decade with how things are right now. Hell why stop there they may go for the record 11 years.

Coming up on 8 seasons if they don't make it this year.

Congrats.

Not following the NFL, but Pens=Seahawks? Really? Are the Seahawks and their fanbase that annoying?

It's basically the one team I could geographically justify supporting if I cared at all about the NFL.

More the Seahawks just got really good and a lot of fans have popped out of nowhere.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You do realize you haven't even come close to the playoffs since that finals appearance in 2006 right? Are we pretending the last 7 years don't count?

Also congrats for all the loleafs since the lockout of not making the playoffs Edmonton will somehow manage to surpass the Leafs in the length between their last playoff appearance. But it's okay we've only been bad for decades, the Oilers just may end up not making the playoffs for an entire decade with how things are right now. Hell why stop there they may go for the record 11 years.

Coming up on 8 seasons if they don't make it this year.
Go easy on em, kavey. They only need like 6 more 1st overall picks before they squeak into the 8th spot.

Quick

Banned

i7FCGEm83izMW.gif

Top Bottom