• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Quick

Banned
That's right fuck all of you

tumblr_mvrkm2kFar1qk04hlo4_250.gif

This hurt me.

calder

Puljujärvi is the same height, no? What is it about Laine that has people putting him before Puljujärvi?

Laine has a bit more skill (elite shot) and projects to have a bit more offense (scoring a bit better this year in the same league) and Puljujarvi is a bit more physical and better defensively. Most scouts have Laine a half notch ahead of Puljujarvi, with Matthews a full notch above Laine especially as he's a center.

I know this because a couple of weeks ago I would seek out information on the top 3, like a well informed consumer or something.

well-i-guess-thats-th53aig.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Laine has a bit more skill (elite shot) and projects to have a bit more offense (scoring a bit better this year in the same league) and Puljujarvi is a bit more physical and better defensively. Most scouts have Laine a half notch ahead of Puljujarvi, with Matthews a full notch above Laine especially as he's a center.

I know this because a couple of weeks ago I would seek out information on the top 3, like a well informed consumer or something.

well-i-guess-thats-th53aig.jpg
You are literally only 2 points ahead of the only 4 teams below you*. I understand that the Jets have gone a heroic 2-3-2 in the last 2 weeks, but please don't be too distressed.

*notwithstanding Edmonton's GP

I'm convinced Matthews will go to one of the 4-9 teams anyhow.

calder

WE TRIED THE HARDEST OUT OF ALL OF YOU

WE DESERVE IT THE MOST

WHY AM I ALWAYS STUCK HERE IN PURGATORY

Other than it being a long-term problem for the Jets if an elite pick goes to a Central opponent I would kind of like it if a team that just narrowly missed the playoffs won a top 3 slot.

Well, in general I'd like it - maybe not this year as I don't much care for the Avs or Wings for that matter.

Quick turns into salt.

Ass Ny tho

I forget where I read it but a poster either here or on Reddit went in hard on Nylander basically saying he isn't very good at all and his numbers are way inflated from playing with McLeod. I hope the prospect of uniting the Nylander bros doesn't persuade management into picking him over a potentially better player.

Yawnier

Banned
I forget where I read it but a poster either here or on Reddit went in hard on Nylander basically saying he isn't very good at all and his numbers are way inflated from playing with McLeod. I hope the prospect of uniting the Nylander bros doesn't persuade management into picking him over a potentially better player.

That isn't the first person I've heard say something like that actually

I've seen posts from one or two other people who have been to Mississauga Steelhead games who said that McLeod has mostly impressed them more than Nylander this season... which I find strange but makes me wonder if there are any scouts out there that think similarly from their own viewings.

zroid

Banned

McLeod looks really good but Nylander's Primary Pts/Gm is significantly higher than McLeod's. Hard to see how McLeod is carrying him.

These are the top 15 draft eligible prospects from the OHL in Primary Pts/Gm

hM4co4T.png

McLeod is a blazing fast skater, I can see how that might influence opinions just from watching.

Siblings playing together always makes me wonder if the situation is going to go Sedin when/if it comes time to move them. Granted there are only murmurs of rumours (at least from the outside-looking-in perspective in Toronto) that Vancouver wants to move them. These are mostly founded on age, not actual production, but it is an interesting point in the cap-era - how do you move that much money?

this is of course making jumps in logic and hoping they turn out to be anywhere close to the Sedins. In the league's cellar the only way to look is up...and hope.

Socreges

Banned
Siblings playing together always makes me wonder if the situation is going to go Sedin when/if it comes time to move them. Granted there are only murmurs of rumours (at least from the outside-looking-in perspective in Toronto) that Vancouver wants to move them. These are mostly founded on age, not actual production, but it is an interesting point in the cap-era - how do you move that much money?

this is of course making jumps in logic and hoping they turn out to be anywhere close to the Sedins. In the league's cellar the only way to look is up...and hope.
Leave it to a Leafs fan to, first, imagine a scenario where they have two Art Ross winning brothers on their team and, second, to frame it 15+ years removed as being possibly undesirable. This is better than Zombie James fearing the Leafs would have too many #1 centers. Such wonderful imaginations!

Leave it to a Leafs fan to, first, imagine a scenario where they have two Art Ross winning brothers on their team and, second, to frame it 15+ years removed as being possibly undesirable. This is better than Zombie James fearing the Leafs would have too many #1 centers. Such wonderful imaginations!

:3 welcome back to off season! just wait for Star Fox Zero to come out for pages of Grippy quotes

zroid

Banned
fucks sake, Max Jones just drilled someone in the head from behind

awful. Jones is definitely getting suspended.

It was rhetorical. Don't you use that name in my presence.

At least while you're in purgatory you can play Halo with me. Also, it's more time where you could be visiting Boulder, highly recommend the Hotel Boulderado.
The cool thing about Roy is that he supposedly wanted the same type of totalitarian contract here and we said "lol no"
and then Therrien

He asked for it before we hired Granato for his second stint.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Giving any coach that much control over a franchise was always laughably stupid. Coaches have enough shit to worry about.

zroid

Banned
Time to start cheering against Pittsburgh soon guys
lol true. sooner than I thought!

honestly I'm legit worried they'll end up in the ECF. They've been playing amazing over the last 3 months by like every advanced and traditional metric. Based on xG, corsi, etc. they are clearly the best team in the East.

hopefully Fleury goes full Fleury

Yawnier

Banned
lol true. sooner than I thought!

honestly I'm legit worried they'll end up in the ECF. They've been playing amazing over the last 3 months by like every advanced and traditional metric. Based on xG, corsi, etc. they are clearly the best team in the East.

hopefully Fleury goes full Fleury

It feels like they could beat any team in the east right now even the Capitals, and they are actually a fun team to watch with their speed overwhelming most other teams.

So yeah I wouldn't complain if Fleury meltdowns in the first two rounds like he did in 2014.

Really need the Pits 1st to be in the 15 to 20 range. Might be able to nab someone like Keller or Abramov there, or if anything else will get more value if they trade down from there opposed to trading down from the late 20s instead.

eyeless

It feels like they could beat any team in the east right now even the Capitals, and they are actually a fun team to watch with their speed overwhelming most other teams.

So yeah I wouldn't complain if Fleury meltdowns in the first two rounds like he did in 2014.

Really need the Pits 1st to be in the 15 to 20 range. Might be able to nab someone like Keller or Abramov there, or if anything else will get more value if they trade down from there opposed to trading down from the late 20s instead.
without fact-checking i saw someone say the pick is currently 21st and i'd bet on them passing the rangers more than dropping into a wildcard spot

so get used to that i guess

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tuning into Overdrive and there talking about ideally only giving Kadri a 1-2 year deal?
Seriously?

You're the new breed of fan Samyy, continue shitting on these old time guys. I'm too old they don't care about my opinion now. :(

Top Bottom