• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's not all bad guys, here's our top PP

Weber-Markov
You joke, but this will probably be one of the top D PP pairings in the entire league next season. Markov is still an amazing setup man, he's just slow as fuck.

Pikma

Banned
I can't believe Nill's plan was to wait until Hamhuis was an FA so the Canucks would not be able to get shit, it's genius.

Red_Man

It will be interesting to see if Markov's lack of speed is exposed this year without Subban next to him.
I think it's likely the top pairing is Weber - Beaulieu and Markov can be on that second pairing to lower his minutes and QOC. Markov was the one staying behind most of the time this season anyways because Subban liking to carry the play so much, his positioning is fine, just when he gets caught he's toast.

imBask

Banned
It will be interesting to see if Markov's lack of speed is exposed this year without Subban next to him.

I think it'll go the other way, Subban could repair Markov's mistake, but Markov was getting too slow to repair Subban's mistake. Weber might actually be a better pairing for Markov specifically

I think it's likely the top pairing is Weber - Beaulieu and Markov can be on that second pairing to lower his minutes and QOC.

we said the same thing last year but Markov can still go, it took him a good while in the season to get tired and slower, he started strong

RUSSIAN CYBORG

Mentok

Banned
Likewise. The worst part is the moves he made today are great, and if the Subban - Weber trade never happened we would have been in a really good spot.

Seriously, I'm not even mad at the Radulov signing...but after the Subban trade, and the given reasons, it just highlights one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen a GM make. Honestly, I'm putting a LOT of stock into Sergachev being elite to make up for it all.

Red_Man

Seriously, I'm not even mad at the Radulov signing...but after the Subban trade, and the given reasons, it just highlights one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen a GM make. Honestly, I'm putting a LOT of stock into Sergachev being elite to make up for it all.
There's a lot of talk he could play in the NHL next season, I'm really excited to see what he can do.

Mentok

Banned
There's a lot of talk he could play in the NHL next season, I'm really excited to see what he can do.

Yeah like I said in a previous post, I know some people who follow the OHL closely, and if they and the scouting reports are to be believed, he should easily make the team next season and eventually climb to a top 2 spot. In that regard, Weber will make a great mentor for him.

Red_Man

Yeah like I said in a previous post, I know some people who follow the OHL closely, and if they and the scouting reports are to be believed, he should easily make the team next season and eventually climb to a top 2 spot. In that regard, Weber will make a great mentor for him.
As well as Markov since they're both Russian. If Radulov has actually matured, he could teach AGally a thing or two as well.

Red_Man

I like analytics a lot, and there's definitely a place for them in the NHL, but it's crazy how much emphasis people put on them. Berkshire is saying that Petry is better than Weber, come on. It's ridiculous.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Weber could come in and score 30 goals and he still won't live up to the excitement Subban brought watching this team 82 times a season.

Maybe some Shaw and Gallagher shenanigans can provide some of the lost humour, and the inevitable Radulov-Therrien beef.

zroid

Banned
I enjoyed this

9049b2021de441249cc4195fd8ba8caf.png

Socreges

Banned
I can't believe Nill's plan was to wait until Hamhuis was an FA so the Canucks would not be able to get shit, it's genius.
Or. He's an idiot that thought Russell was the player that would be more valuable in the postseason. Despite every indication otherwise.

I like analytics a lot, and there's definitely a place for them in the NHL, but it's crazy how much emphasis people put on them. Berkshire is saying that Petry is better than Weber, come on. It's ridiculous.
Oh man you're turning even sooner than I expected.

Pikma

Banned
Or. He's an idiot that thought Russell was the player that would be more valuable in the postseason. Despite every indication otherwise.

You know, I would try and contest that but you're a Canucks fan so you're pretty much an expert in stupid GM decisions

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Brought it on himself. Look at what happened to the Leafs for a while when they had a terrible management/coaching staff.

This is what seriously angers me, because I've heard quite a few hockey pundits say the same thing. If Therrien, your head coach, needs a handler to communicate with the players, then he SHOULDN'T be your head coach!

EDIT: Watching Kessel bring the cup to Toronto is now going to be my highlight of the offseason.

Muller would be better than Therrien outright, and I agree having to have someone make the bridge between the coach and the players will make things really toxic. They are so bent on not getting rid of Therrien it's dumb, and they missed their chance by not getting Boucher.

iLLmAtlc

Guys I just saw highlights of Lucics introductory press conference and sizzling commentary is forthcoming. Please turn AC on.

He looks like he's carrying some flab at the pecs and he's got a bit of a belly going. Looks to be aproaching if not already at 20% body fat. Looks more like a guy who's ready to mail it in than win a cup!

zroid

Banned
Guys I just saw highlights of Lucics introductory press conference and sizzling commentary is forthcoming. Please turn AC on.

He looks like he's carrying some flab at the pecs and he's got a bit of a belly going. Looks to be aproaching if not already at 20% body fat. Looks more like a guy who's ready to mail it in than win a cup!

so that's what he meant by the "McDavid factor"

it lets you slack off since he can carry you on his line anyway

Quick

Banned
completely off topic :

I never realized that framed movie posters were that god damn expansive, we're talking like $300+ for 24x36

Just buy some frames from Walmart and stick your posters in those. I have a few of them for under $10 each.

I do have an autographed poster in a nice wood frame that I bought for $15 at a clearance sale. Poster + autograph was from Fan Expo and it was for $20.

Socreges

Banned
You know, I would try and contest that but you're a Canucks fan so you're pretty much an expert in stupid GM decisions
Absolutely. Benning has been trial by fire. So when I see you construing Nill's idiocy as genius it seems so sad

Don't the Stars still need a goalie? Maybe you could sign Miller next summer...

calder

Watching the extended cut of Batman vs Superman.

Somehow it's... worse? Just an unbelievably stupid movie. Stupid plot, stupid characters, stupid motivations, just incoherent at times. I'm not sure what the dumbest part is, but the low-key dumbest thing is probably the way the Wayne Financial dudes are all standing in the office as the giant alien ship is literally flattening downtown outside their window but it takes a call from Bruce himself to make them go hey we should call it a day early maybe.

Socreges

Banned
Watching the extended cut of Batman vs Superman.

Somehow it's... worse? Just an unbelievably stupid movie. Stupid plot, stupid characters, stupid motivations, just incoherent at times. I'm not sure what the dumbest part is, but the low-key dumbest thing is probably the way the Wayne Financial dudes are all standing in the office as the giant alien ship is literally flattening downtown outside their window but it takes a call from Bruce himself to make them go hey we should call it a day early maybe.
Still haven't seen the movie in any form. Isn't there another cut out there that's gone further than the DC?

Edit - Ultimate Cut...gotta watch that

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
TIL The only reason any announcer in the NHL games can somewhat pronounce my name got signed by the Flyers today

Top Bottom