• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

HabsGAF lets Talk what our lines will look like

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher

Radulov Plekanec Andrighetto

Carr Desharnais Danault

Byron Mitchell Shaw

I like that top six, maybe Bergevin gets someone on the PTO like how we got Flash or we get someone back from trading someone

Now Defenceman

Beaulieu Weber

Markov Petry

Barberio/Sergachev/Pateryn (?)
Redmond/Emelin

It looks really strange without PK. I hope Beaulieu can be a good partner for Weber. I feel Markov would be suitable on second pairing, maybe Sergachev can steal a Roster spot.

Goalies

Price
Montoya/Condon

Montoya and Condo are going to battle for the Backup position as MB said. I have a feeling Condo is going back to the AHL

Marvie_3

Banned
I hope Ken Holland never retires or dies or gets fired. His work entertains me.

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 3m 3 minutes ago
OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with defenseman Michael Paliotta.

iAFdDJe.gif
More ex-Blackhawk garbage that wasnt even given a QO. Same as Clendening.

imBask

Banned
HabsGAF lets Talk what our lines will look like

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher

Radulov Plekanec Andrighetto

Carr Desharnais Danault

Byron Mitchell Shaw

I like that top six, maybe Bergevin gets someone on the PTO like how we got Flash or we get someone back from trading someone

Now Defenceman

Beaulieu Weber

Markov Petry

Barberio/Sergachev/Pateryn (?)
Redmond/Emelin

It looks really strange without PK. I hope Beaulieu can be a good partner for Weber. I feel Markov would be suitable on second pairing, maybe Sergachev can steal a Roster spot.

Goalies

Price
Montoya/Condon

Montoya and Condo are going to battle for the Backup position as MB said. I have a feeling Condo is going back to the AHL

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
MISSING PIECE - Plekanec - Radulov
Shaw - McCarron - Carr
Byron - Mitchell - Danault

Markov - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Redmond - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

I'm sorry, I don't believe that any of our young guy is top 6 worthy on a good team. Andrighetto can take the spot but only temporarly, unless he's suddenly incredible, I want a real top 6

I ignored Desharnais, Flynn, Matteau, Hudon, Emelin, Barberio and Condon. Out of those guys I would only keep Barberio and Hudon, everyone else can fuck right off. Trade them, buy them out, murder them, I don't care

also that bottom 6 is entirely expandable except for maybe McCarron and MAYBE Carr

Parch

So now that most of the free agents are signed, what are the lineups for your teams going into next year?

Lucic - McDavid - Yakupov
Pouliot - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Maroon - Draisatl - Puljujarvi
Hendricks - Letestu - Kassian
Pakarinen

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Fayne
Davidson - Nurse
Reinhart

Talbot
Gustavsson

All sorts of hope that the youngster improve. Better size and rowdiness. Last chance for Yakupov to play with McD, but I still expect a lot of mixing and matching. Still some serious defensive concerns. The team is better than last year IMO, but not betting on playoff hopes.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
MISSING PIECE - Plekanec - Radulov
Shaw - McCarron - Carr
Byron - Mitchell - Danault

Markov - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Redmond - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

I'm sorry, I don't believe that any of our young guy is top 6 worthy on a good team. Andrighetto can take the spot but only temporarly, unless he's suddenly incredible, I want a real top 6

I ignored Desharnais, Flynn, Matteau, Hudon, Emelin, Barberio and Condon. Out of those guys I would only keep Barberio and Hudon, everyone else can fuck right off. Trade them, buy them out, murder them, I don't care

also that bottom 6 is entirely expandable except for maybe McCarron and MAYBE Carr

Man we should of gotten Boedker

There's your top six right there. Maybe Shipachov will sign later on and fill in that spot

imBask

Banned
Man we should of gotten Boedker

There's your top six right there. Maybe Shipachov will sign later on and fill in that spot

a 29 year old "best player outside of the NHL" KHL superstar who never played a game in the NHL, I'd rather chase someone with an actual background

Marvie_3

Banned
So now that most of the free agents are signed, what are the lineups for your teams going into next year?
Hopefully something like:

Panik-Toews-Schmaltz
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Kruger-Hossa
Desjardins-Rasmussen-Lundberg/Motte

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
TVR-Kempny/Gustafsson/Pokka

Crawford
Darling

Hawks have several prospects that will probably get looks at some point. Theres enough bodies there to fill in so that should hopefully limit the time Mashinter and Rozsival are on the ice......hopefully. They are set on D so I wouldnt be surprised to see one of TVR/Pokka/Gustafsson traded. I really like the roster, especialy the much needed defensive depth, but I wouldnt mind a bit more bottom 6 depth. Losing Shaw and Teuvo will have an impact but Chicago should be able to bring in another piece through a trade. Barring major injuries, the Hawks should be set for a pretty damn good year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
JVR - Kadri - Soshnikov
Nylander - Bozak - Komarov
Martin - Matthews - Marner
Greening - Laich - Brown

Extras:(LW) Michalek (C) Holland (RW) Kapanen
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Rielly - Marincin
Carrick - Valiev

Extras: Loov, Corrado

Andersen
Bernier

I expect Loov, Rychel and Kapanen to be in the marlies. Depending on what kind of roster magic can occur. Little heavy on the wings until some trades can give us some freedom.

later edit: fuck we also have hyman and I have no idea where the hell to put him

halp

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ellis signed with the Blues, I'm surprised Bergevin let him go.

Radulov & AGally have potential to be dynamite together, but I said the same thing about him and Semin last season. I've read a lot of stuff on him cleaning up his act, so hopefully this pans out. One thing a lot of people keep forgetting is Muller is here now, he's going to be the buffer between Therrien and the players, will probably be handling Radulov a lot more than Therrien himself.

JVR - Kadri - Soshnikov
Greening - Laich - Brown

Gardiner - Zaitsev
Rielly - Marincin
Carrick - Valiev

Andersen
Bernier

I expect Loov, Rychel and Kapanen to be in the marlies. Depending on what kind of roster magic can occur. Little heavy on the wings until some trades can give us some freedom.

later edit: fuck we also have hyman and I have no idea where the hell to put him

halp

I could see Hyman making the club over Brown, ideally he would slot in at Greening's spot. I really hope Kapanen gets some time with the Leafs. Kid looked electric at times.

zroid

Banned
JVR - Kadri - Soshnikov
Greening - Laich - Brown

Gardiner - Zaitsev
Rielly - Marincin
Carrick - Valiev

Andersen
Bernier

halp

Nice try but Hunwick is still here

Holiday

Banned
I think the Blues will look something like this:

Schwartz - Steen - Tarasenko
Fabbri - Stastny - Perron
Jaskin - Lehtera - Berglund
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Edmunson - Parayko

Allen
Hutton

Rattie may take a spot on a top 9 wing, and I'd much rather see Fabbri at center on the first line, but barring trades this is what I expect at the start.

Expect:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Jussi-Trocheck-Smith
McCann-Bjugstad-Marchassault
Crouse-Dmac-Sceviour
Thornton

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Petrovic
McCoshen/Kampfer-Pysyk
Kindl

Reimer
Berra

Lu(IR)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I could see Hyman making the club over Brown, ideally he would slot in at Greening's spot. I really hope Kapanen gets some time with the Leafs. Kid looked electric at times.

Brown has 6 points in 7 games last years. Babcock said Brown, Nylander, Sosh and Hyman are basically NHL players now.

Kapanen deserves the time due to his ridiculous corsi. He needs to learn how to score on NHL goalies and get comfortable with setting up plays. He was great in skating and contact against boards. Everything looked NHL ready but his scoring. Even then it could have been temporary

Radulov & AGally have potential to be dynamite together, but I said the same thing about him and Semin last season. I've read a lot of stuff on him cleaning up his act, so hopefully this pans out. One thing a lot of people keep forgetting is Muller is here now, he's going to be the buffer between Therrien and the players, will probably be handling Radulov a lot more than Therrien himself.

Wow let's look at our prospects that have left us today

Bournival and Dumont to Tampa

Ellis to St Louis

Dietz to Washington

I'm betting some Prospects will be filling those spots like Audette and others

Mentok

Banned
c21e93bb65344119bb2cf6e4218f2d65.png

I wonder why

Brought it on himself. Look at what happened to the Leafs for a while when they had a terrible management/coaching staff.

This is what seriously angers me, because I've heard quite a few hockey pundits say the same thing. If Therrien, your head coach, needs a handler to communicate with the players, then he SHOULDN'T be your head coach!

EDIT: Watching Kessel bring the cup to Toronto is now going to be my highlight of the offseason.

Red_Man

This is what seriously angers me, because I've heard quite a few hockey pundits say the same thing. If Therrien, your head coach, needs a handler to communicate with the players, then he SHOULDN'T be your head coach!
100% but this as good as we're going to have it until Bergevin is removed.

c21e93bb65344119bb2cf6e4218f2d65.png

I wonder why

I don't think many players liked how Montreal or how Bergevin handled the Subban trade and neither did I and I still don't. When you say you aren't going to trade a Star Player then immediately do, it looks bad on the management and the entire Hockey Ops. I can't blame them for saying no.

If I was an NHL star I wouldn't even bother picking up the phone if Montreal called. I'd go to Anaheim or Chicago or something

Red_Man

The fact that Montreal has the worst taxes of any team is a big factor too. These guys will make an extra couple million just by signing the same contract elsewhere, you really need to sell these guys that it's worth leaving that money on the table.

This Subban situation just makes that sell a lot more difficult.

imBask

Banned
completely off topic :

I never realized that framed movie posters were that god damn expansive, we're talking like $300+ for 24x36

zroid

Banned
Cherry Ramblings said:
Matt Martin will be the most popular Leaf next year guaranteed! The toughest guy in the League and he can play. You can put him on the last minute of the game or you can put him on in overtime. He does not take foolish penalties, knows when to go and will always be there at your back. Nobody will push around all the sweethearts on the Leafs this year. He’s from Windsor, Ontario played 4 years for the Sarnia Sting. I know nobody thinks this is much of a signing now, but believe me this is one of the most important signings of the day. Babcock knows this guy can play and he played on one of the best 4 th lines in the league. Clutterbuck, Cizikas and Martin, that line led the league in hits and Matt Martin always leads the league in hits. Kerby Rychel and now Matt Martin, like I said nobody is going to push around the Leafs anymore. To end, James Reimer going to Florida, another great move will end up the number one goalie when Roberto decides to retire.

😬💦

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
completely off topic :

I never realized that framed movie posters were that god damn expansive, we're talking like $300+ for 24x36
More the frame than the poster. I wanted to frame a TF2 "Meet the Medic" poster and holy shit...

I need up putting it in some cheap ass frame I got from Walmart.

Red_Man

Leafs didn't resign PAP?

Remember when they were going to get a 1st for him at the deadline? Now he doesn't even have a contract.

Red_Man

Funny how fast he went from a man that I thought deserved his extension, to a man I can't wait to leave.
Likewise. The worst part is the moves he made today are great, and if the Subban - Weber trade never happened we would have been in a really good spot.

Top Bottom