• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Pikma

Banned
Here's my actual prediction :

"we're happy with the core, guys worked hard, we're always working on making the team better"

no one gets fired
no one gets traded
It could be worse, they could trade everyone who made your season even remotely successful and replace them with cheap and incredibly mediocre young players resulting in one of the worst seasons ever for your team, then later blame injuries and fire your coach by the end of next season to try and save face

imBask

Banned
It could be worse, they could trade everyone who made your season even remotely successful and replace them with cheap and incredibly mediocre young players resulting in one of the worst seasons ever for your team, then later blame injuries and fire your coach by the end of next season to try and save face

:(

we love you Pikma

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This series has a lot less to do with the Subban - Weber trade and a lot more to do with your top line center being Danault and AGally and Patches having 0 goals in the series

Pacioretty on his series: "I think I'll answer that question at the exit meetings."
😬😬😬

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
GG Habs-GAF. That was an intense as hell series, one of the most exciting we've had in a while. It was our four line balance that made the difference. It was a different line that won every game. And I'm so glad we got to beat Price straight up to put any doubts to bed there.

Now then, Sens and Bruins, dance for me!

Foggy

We will make him leave

hamonicface.gif

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You know what. Trade Price. Do it. And Beaulieu and Shittioretti, We'll never get anything done with them. Let's do it Leafs style. A true rebuild.

imBask

Banned
GG Habs-GAF. That was an intense as hell series, one of the most exciting we've had in a while. It was our four line balance that made the difference. It was a different line that won every game. And I'm so glad we got to beat Price straight up to put any doubts to bed there.

I hope you guys make it to the conference finals, I really doubt you'll go through the Penguins but it's not impossible

Mentok

Banned
D and goalies weren't pur issue. The team just isn't built up front. I never thought we'd go for the cup this year, but the 1st round exit this year should really make the offence accountable. Get Rads and Price signed, consider others tradeable. GG Rags, hope you have a good 2nd round.

Montresor

Habs. :(

I'm excited for tomorrow because the crowd's reaction at the ACC if the Leafs force a game 7 will be amazing.

Kind of nervous.

So next round:

New York versus the winner of Boston versus Ottawa. New York wont have home ice advantage.

Pittsburgh versus the winner of Washington versus Toronto. Home ice advantage depends on who moves on. If Washington moves on, they get home ice. If Toronto moves on, Pittsburgh gets it.

St Louis versus Nashville. St Louis has home ice.

Anaheim versus the winner of Edmonton and San Jose. Anaheim gets home ice versus San Jose. Edmonton gets home ice if they move on.

When Canada's hopes rest on Edmonton Toronto and Ottawa.

Yep, cup's not coming to Canada this year. Sens are likely done versus Ottawa if they finish off Boston.

Habs. :(

I'm excited for tomorrow because the crowd's reaction at the ACC if the Leafs force a game 7 will be amazing.

Kind of nervous.

So next round:

New York versus the winner of Boston versus Ottawa. New York wont have home ice advantage.

Pittsburgh versus the winner of Washington versus Toronto. Home ice advantage depends on who moves on. If Washington moves on, they get home ice. If Toronto moves on, Pittsburgh gets it.

St Louis versus Nashville. St Louis has home ice.

Anaheim versus the winner of Edmonton and San Jose. Anaheim gets home ice versus San Jose. Edmonton gets home ice if they move on.

How would Edmonton get home ice over Anaheim? Anaheim won the division

Stasis

I can't even celebrate properly because gf's dad is coming over at 10am to do a bunch of house work and gf will kill me if I'm not 100%.

I had one celebratory drink, busted out a rare/hard to find gin (here) and made it proper with tonic syrup. Tastes great. Want more. Oh well!

This was important, but if we're gonna go the entire way we need Kreider, Stepan, Hayes and Miller to step up. They were missing for too many of the games in this series imo. Add them to all those that did perform for most games, then we have a real shot.

imBask

Banned
i've got Sony Vegas opened and I almost feel like downloading the game and doing a yakety sax montage of Galchenyuk's turnover throughout the series

MPW

- trade beaulieu and galchenyuk and 1st round pick and get a #1 C
- sign radulov
- keep pacioretty (2 more years at 4.5m), he's not playing with a #1 C, get a #1 C and see what he can or can't do and trade him 1 year from now if needed
- need to add more scoring ,may have to not resign markov or buy out emilin or plekanec's contracts to free up cap space

One positive in the playoffs: Lehkonen

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
You know what. Trade Price. Do it. And Beaulieu and Shittioretti, We'll never get anything done with them. Let's do it Leafs style. A true rebuild.
Hey, there's a long list of losers we have to get through before we even have a chance at putting Price in the list.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sharks were so busy trying to exploit the goalie losing his stick they forgot how to play defense lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This was important, but if we're gonna go the entire way we need Kreider, Stepan, Hayes and Miller to step up. They were missing for too many of the games in this series imo. Add them to all those that did perform for most games, then we have a real shot.

Yeah, this was the big takeaway for me. We managed to get through the first round with most of our top offensive performers from the regular season virtually no showing. Imagine if they can get their shit together in the next round.

Top Bottom