• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Stasis

Yeah, this was the big takeaway for me. We managed to get through the first round with most of our top offensive performers from the regular season virtually no showing. Imagine if they can get their shit together in the next round.

Hayes stepped up. Need a lot more from our other top guys, for sure.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Dat feel when you are a Habs fan but your 2nd playoff team are the Sharks. Oh well, they are still leading.

Don't blame Price, your goalie isn't scoring goals for you. Hank doing Hank things and Patches/AGally doing fuck all was what I saw. Lehkonen and Radu are pluses though, hopefully Radu sticks around for you guys.

Edmonton and Ottawa will be Canada's teams now 🙏🙏🙏

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Draisaitl, Talbot for Price and anything else they want.

Better than the Hawks. Sharks have won 2 games and scored more than 3 goals.

I know the feel. Habs had like their lowest scoring playoffs ever. Or at least in a long while. fact is....they blew. We all blew.

Mentok

Banned
You know what. Trade Price. Do it. And Beaulieu and Shittioretti, We'll never get anything done with them. Let's do it Leafs style. A true rebuild.
Trading Price is like cutting off your arm to stop a paper cut. Terrible idea. Get him signed and take a good hard look at your offence.

Montresor

I think if the Habs make these moves they can go far in the playoffs next season:

*Trade Weber for Subban (one-for-one trade)
*Trade 2017 1st round pick for Duchene (one-for-one trade)
*Use 2017 2nd round pick to draft someone of Subban's level, someone that can have an immediate impact on the 2017/2018 season.
*Use another 2017 2nd round pick to draft someone of David Krejci's level, someone that can have an immediate impact on the 2017/2018 season.
*Sign Brian Boyle in the off-season for maximum $900k per year
*Trade 2018 1st round pick for Victor Hedman (one-for-one trade)
*Acquire a goalie as good as Carey Price to be the backup, in case he gets injured. Use the 2017 3rd round pick to do this.

Pacioretty-Duchene-Radulov
Gallagher - Krejci-like-pick - Galchenyuk
Shaw-Boyle-Lekhonen
Byron-Plekanec-Ott

Subban - Subban-like-pick
Jeff Petry - Hedman
Markov - Jordie Benn

Price
Price-like-pick

Socreges

Banned
I don't want to trade every player on the team and fire every coach / manager, what madness!

At least with the Canucks being so awful you have more time to troll everyone
You've spent months celebrating the status quo and blaming injuries/Therrien on any shortcomings. You're too dug in to concede anything here.

I think if the Habs make these moves they can go far in the playoffs next season:

*Use 2017 2nd round pick to draft someone of Subban's level, someone that can have an immediate impact on the 2017/2018 season.
*Use another 2017 2nd round pick to draft someone of David Krejci's level, someone that can have an immediate impact on the 2017/2018 season.
*Sigh Brian Boyle in the off-season for maximum $900k per year
*Acquire a goalie as good as Carey Price to be the backup, in case he gets injured. Use the 2017 3rd round pick to do this.

Shaw-Boyle-Lekhonen
Byron-Plekanec-Ott

Jeff Petry - Jordie Benn
Markov - Hedman

Price
Price-like-pick
FTFY

lupinko

*Sign Brian Boyle in the off-season for maximum $900k per year

Shaw-Boyle-Lekhonen
Byron-Plekanec-Ott

Jeff Petry - Hedman
Markov - Jordie Benn

Price
Price-like-pick

Nashville will not want take back Weber's contract, that was forced down them by the Flyers.

Besides the predators are Mr. Carrie Underwood's team nowadays

Acid08

Banned
Wonder what this team will look like next year. I love Jumbo but he's lost it.

I think they'll bring Jumbo back. Marleau maybe.

Maybe move Boedker in the offseason or try to get Vegas to take him.

starting the #FireDeBoner movement too right here right now

Top Bottom