• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Socreges

Banned
Who was that just now praising the chip-outs? "Those are huge". Have I missed something or is giving back possession repeatedly no longer a bad thing?

Re: Sens and Rags

Cake Boss

Banned
tumblr_mjsfeavFss1r6x1ilo1_r2_500.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, it happens. We need to stay out of the box and be a bit smarter in general. I thought overall we were the better team 5v5 for long stretches of the game (only 9 of those 21 first period shots came 5v5, for example). That really dumb penalty call at the end of the second kind of turned out to be a back breaker. And when Hank is playing like that, of course it's going to be a zany flukey goal that beats him. That's how that usually goes.

I thought we did a pretty good job of dealing with the trap for much of the game, and we found a few definite weaknesses that should be exploitable going forward. We can't keep coasting by with half of our forwards not producing, though. Kreider, Hayes, and Miller especially really need to show up in this series or we'll have no chance.

On to game 2. Gonna be a long series.

Top Bottom