• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Futureman

ALRIGHT it's Pens/Caps night everyone. Bottom of my heart I hope for a decisive Pens sweep but we all know that won't be the case.

Pens are 8-1 all time versus the Caps in playoff series.

Every time the Pens won the Cup (4 times), they've beat the Caps in a series and lost the first game of the series. When Pens won in '92 & '09, Caps jumped out to a 2-0 series lead.

Line_HTX

C-YqH3IXoAA9uvc.jpg

SMH, fucking @NHLonNBCSports... DansGame

Socreges

Banned
This is from one of the producers at my station here in STL. Take it as you will, but if true, fuck man.

https://twitter.com/Bettlach101ESPN/status/857628667257786368

There have been a few players (like Chris DiDomenico) who have gone on to have decent careers in hockey after a broken femur but the 'explosiveness' in Fiala's skating will probably never be the exact same as it was before
What a fucking travesty if any of this is true.

Although "insider nursing source" sounds quite stupid.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Fiala finally finds a groove after getting juggled between the majors and minors for "reasons" all season long, and then this happens.

It's really a damn shame.

McBryBry

Wanted to reiterate, because reddit murdered me, that the tweet isn't confirmation. Just what my coworker at our sports station has gotten from his source. He's obviously not Mr. Famous, and the tweet is doubtable. I just trust him enough to put it out there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NOOOOOOOOOO Fiala :(

Okay before I was just mildly pro-Perds, now I'm firmly on the "fuck St Louis" bandwagon with the rest of you. Except Soc&Holiday.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Subban trade was stupid then and is stupid now, but it's obvious why Bergevin did it, and it's not just because of Therrien. Doesn't change how idiotic it was.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah Hall would have gone scoreless in the playoffs.

I just came back from the upside down world and I can confirm that Hall hasn't scored any playoff games these playoffs, and can confirm that he also poured gasoline on a small child and set him on fire in front of the Edmonton crowd, no lie.

PillarEN

Finally. The series we all wanted. Pens vs. Caps. In my heart I want our ex-commie friend Ovechkin to win, in my bracket I want the Pens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously the puck handcuffed Stone but that's one of those "great saves" where I'm like really? Goalie rolled over and the puck hit him because the shot was duffed? Yeah sure fire up the HOTN machine 🙄

Can't be good without being lucky.

Cake Boss

Banned
Obviously the puck handcuffed Stone but that's one of those "great saves" where I'm like really? Goalie rolled over and the puck hit him because the shot was duffed? Yeah sure fire up the HOTN machine 🙄

That's how goaltending works Calder 😜

Top Bottom