• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

PillarEN

For a guy who's referred to as "King", you'd think he'd own a single Stanley Cup. Overrated.
That's not fair. Plenty of incredible players who don't have their name on the Cup. Besides he can still win one.
Hasek didn't get his first Cup until he was 37.
Ray Bourque was like 40.

zroid

Banned
Can't deal with this rangers team. Why can't they hold a lead?

Not paying close attention to player usage so I may be wrong, but I'm going to take a guess that AV keeps putting out Staal and Girardi to "shut it down" when they have a lead. Not a recipe for success, that.

Cake Boss

Banned
###111111

CCEEEENNNNTTTE4RRRRSSSS KYLLLE TURRRIIISSS

##11 CCEEEENNNNTTTE4RRRRSSSS DEERICCKKK BRAAASSAARDDD

YO HOW CAN WE HOLD ALL THESE CENTERS AND THOSE TURS DOWN THE HIGHWAY CANT EVEN GET ONE AFTER 5 YEARS. FUCK YOU MONTREALS

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not paying close attention to player usage so I may be wrong, but I'm going to take a guess that AV keeps putting out Staal and Girardi to "shut it down" when they have a lead. Not a recipe for success, that.
This is correct.

Note: AV was much much better about this in games 3 and 4. But those were also games where we had big leads and didn't have to "shut down" anything.

Montresor

AYO ANDERSON YOU WANT TO BE SENT TO SYRIA OR SONETHING DAWG OR DO YOU WANT TO GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Yo Chris Shiel I thought you suppose to prevent that? 🤔

Gonna leave this one just right there.

That's because the Habs are a bunch of dipshits.

###111111

CCEEEENNNNTTTE4RRRRSSSS KYLLLE TURRRIIISSS

##11 CCEEEENNNNTTTE4RRRRSSSS DEERICCKKK BRAAASSAARDDD

YO HOW CAN WE HOLD ALL THESE CENTERS AND THOSE TURS DOWN THE HIGHWAY CANT EVEN GET ONE AFTER 5 YEARS. FUCK YOU MONTREALS

New phone who dis

I love you.

a916

"Hit on an unsuspecting player... that's a charge"

Um, no it's not Pierre, that's not a charging... he glided into the hit, there by, not a charge.

Interference? Borderline...

a916

The Caps really are the best when it comes to getting great looks... and missing the net/whiffing on the puck.

Makes sense the Pens score against the flow.

a916

That was kinda soft for Holtby if not just average...

They aren't winning this game unless Fleury turns into a sieve.

zroid

Banned
Greg Millen, who's doing colour for this series on HNIC, made the brilliant assessment that Malkin doesn't try as hard when Crosby is in the lineup because he thinks he can get away with less.

This is the astute and insightful commentary we have come to expect from Sportsnet

Alucard

Banned
Greg Millen, who's doing colour for this series on HNIC, made the brilliant assessment that Malkin doesn't try as hard when Crosby is in the lineup because he thinks he can get away with less.

This is the astute and insightful commentary we have come to expect from Sportsnet

It's shitty commentary, but I can attest that when you play on a team with a guy who's obviously above everyone else, you do tend to rely more on him, which does affect how you play, whether you know it or not.

a916

The Caps, without thinking should be firing everything at the net... except Fleury and the blocking is clearly in their heads. They want to pass that puck right into the net.

ShaneB

He said it was weird.

a916

Have the Caps never heard of "drive the net"? They haven't had any net front presence... most of their rushes are content from the perimeter.

Did he start the Malkin to Chicago rumours?

Top Bottom