• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

calder

Actually just called a ref a cocksucker

I thought he said fag or faggot but I guess not.

Weak.

I read differently on twitter, but it sure isn't clear. If he did just call a ref a cocksucker, then fine him and carry on by all means - I don't think most ppl consider cocksucker inherently homophobic yet. Maybe in 20 years.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I read differently on twitter, but it sure isn't clear. If he did just call a ref a cocksucker, then fine him and carry on by all means - I don't think most ppl consider cocksucker inherently homophobic yet. Maybe in 20 years.

Yeah, it's interesting how things change. It's shocking when threads on here from like 2003 get necro bumped and it's "tranny" this and "fag" that all over the place.

Socreges

Banned
I think it's considered homophobic academically, but definitely doesn't have the same severity attached given the history (or lack thereof) of the word.

Plus this guy made it cute:

d2b342b196f334b3a71b0e0fac44172f.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I haven't used the word cocksucker since my early twenties. How old is Getzlaf? Immature word to use. So many other ways to verbally abuse a ref. I'm

calder

I think it's considered homophobic academically, but definitely doesn't have the same severity attached given the history (or lack thereof) of the word.

Plus this guy made it cute:

d2b342b196f334b3a71b0e0fac44172f.jpg

Deadwood is so awesome. Gonna have to crack open that box set again.

Bottom line: racist/homophobic/etc slurs aside I fully support any player who feels the need to harshly insult and/or demean a ref behind his back as he's skating away. Those assholes deserve it, but there's a million cameras now you really gotta be careful.

Foggy

Stunning the kind of character that has infested the Ducks franchise. Makes you wonder what DucksGAF says behind closed doors.

It's really...weird for an FE game mechanics-wise, but not in a bad way. I'm liking it so far.

Gaiden was actually my first FE, but it was nearly a decade ago and I never got more than a couple of chapters in.

like the dungeon crawling?
I have been in the dark for it
I only played the 3DS ones, from awakening->birthright

you play heroes? I kinda gave up, getting orbs is too hard, and its such a grind >.<

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, Fisher is out.

Frederick Gaudreau and Vladislav Kamenev are on the ice for warmups, as is Miikka Salomaki and PAP.

Hoo boy.

edit: Rakell out for the Ducks

Calamari41

41 > 38
Welp, Fisher is out.

Frederick Gaudreau and Vladislav Kamenev are on the ice for warmups, as is Miikka Salomaki.

Hoo boy.

Obviously this is a big setback, but I can still see you guys taking the series. This game will be a "show what we can do through adversity" exhibition, and then all you have to do is win one out of two.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
like the dungeon crawling?
I have been in the dark for it
I only played the 3DS ones, from awakening->birthright

you play heroes? I kinda gave up, getting orbs is too hard, and its such a grind >.<

That, and the core gameplay changes. There's no weapon triangle, magic costs HP, characters only have one item slot, characters can learn skills based on the equipped weapon (said skills also costing HP). Way different than other FEs.

I basically log into Heroes to collect the daily rewards and that's it. Got kinda bored after I put together a high-leveled team.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Forsberg-Sissons-Aberg
Wilson-Gaudreau-Watson
Arvidsson-Jarnkrok-Neal
McLeod-Fiddler-Salomaki

...yeah, this is going to be quite the adventure.

Obviously this is a big setback, but I can still see you guys taking the series. This game will be a "show what we can do through adversity" exhibition, and then all you have to do is win one out of two.

Certainly throws all of the matchups out the window, at least. We'll see.

That, and the core gameplay changes. There's no weapon triangle, magic costs HP, characters only have one item slot, characters can learn skills based on the equipped weapon (said skills also costing HP). Way different than other FEs.

I basically log into Heroes to collect the daily rewards and that's it. Got kinda bored after I put together a high-leveled team.

that sounds weird D:
it will take some time to get used to having magic cost HP >.<
hopefully my copy arrives by tuesday

What? You've been an adult all this time?

i could probably be your dad. remember i saw Gretzky play in his prime. so show some respect.

im becoming a wise old man, i can feel it. with my wisdom i can predict Nashville will be out like they deserve because they arent a REAL NHL hockey team. also same goes for Ottawa. and Anaheim.

Top Bottom