• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

shira

blink.gif

Alucard

Banned
Not like he was making incredible saves. Pens just kept shooting it into his chest.

800 posts until the not-actually-a-thing post limit. And 1 game. We're fine.

Eh, agree to disagree. I will say they need more bodies in front of him, like they did in game five. That's just another easy armchair coach observation, though.

Socreges

Banned
Eh, agree to disagree. I will say they need more bodies in front of him, like they did in game five. That's just another easy armchair coach observation, though.
I think they just didn't have the finishing. eg, Kessel had an open net but took care to corral the puck instead of one-timing it.

nubcake

Neo Member
Lmao Milbury is in complete shambles over this game. He's mentioned the penalties he didn't like about 30 times now and sounds like he's on the verge of a breakdown.

Alucard

Banned
I think they just didn't have the finishing. eg, Kessel had an open net but took care to corral the puck instead of one-timing it.

He's not a one-timer guy, unfortunately. They did lack finish, but you have to give it to Anderson for 45 stops.

We'll see how game seven goes. I'm confident the Pens can pull it off. The only real fear I have is Anderson, same as at the start of this series.

Pens were held to 1 goal in 4 games of this series. They won 1 of them.

I think they'll win Game 7, but major props to Ottawa for making it this far with their best player nursing a broken foot and a non-existent power play.

mo60

This thread should be fine for thursday as long as their aren't 12 pages worth of posts. A lot of people underestimated ottawa in this series. If they play the same way they played last night and able to adapt to whatever the pens throw at them in game 7 they will win that game.

Alucard

Banned
Bitter tears from pens fans on hfboards is music to my ears

The Facebook fan page has run amok with morons too, some of whom are calling for Fleury to start game seven. They must have expected the Penguins to win 1-0 last night. Then there are those who think there is a Canadian conspiracy to get the Senators into the Cup final.

Thinking of making a final dramatic "I'm done with this group" post, but that's also poor form.

Ottawa got outshot because of a bunch of low quality shots. Anderson was great but it's not like he faced a ton of point blank chances. Ottawa's done a good job of keeping their opponent to the perimeter for the most part this playoffs

bill0527

Well this is bullshit..

My friend and I split Preds season ticket. He takes his son to half the games and I take my son to the other half.

We were just informed by the Preds ticket office that the NHL is forcing them to give up 2 whole sections 309 and 310 to the media. Right where our tickets are at and we are being moved into the 320s which are the worst seats there.

I can't believe this. The same damn media that said we should never have gotten a team, hockey would never work in the south, that made fun of us when the team almost left 10 years ago, that said the dumbass hillbillies need a guide to figure out the game, and the same fucking media that didnt pick them to win shit this year.

Love the game, love my team, absolutely loathe and despise the league that governs it. And I seem to find new levels of hate for the league with each passing day.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Well this is bullshit..

My friend and I split Preds season ticket. He takes his son to half the games and I take my son to the other half.

We were just informed by the Preds ticket office that the NHL is forcing them to give up 2 whole sections 309 and 310 to the media. Right where our tickets are at and we are being moved into the 320s which are the worst seats there.

I can't believe this. The same damn media that said we should never have gotten a team, hockey would never work in the south, that made fun of us when the team almost left 10 years ago, that said the dumbass hillbillies need a guide to figure out the game, and the same fucking media that didnt pick them to win shit this year.

Love the game, love my team, absolutely loathe and despise the league that governs it. And I seem to find new levels of hate for the league with each passing day.

Two entire sections for the media? Is that normal? I thought those animals stayed in the press boxes. I'd be incredibly pissed, don't let this go and maybe you can get some concessions during renewal time. Though demand is probably going to skyrocket...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Two entire sections for the media? Is that normal? I thought those animals stayed in the press boxes. I'd be incredibly pissed, don't let this go and maybe you can get some concessions during renewal time. Though demand is probably going to skyrocket...

Probably because its the finals, they have national media on hand (like USA today, CNN, etc etc) instead of just the usual hockey media.

imBask

Banned

Probably because its the finals, they have national media on hand (like USA today, CNN, etc etc) instead of just the usual hockey media.

and half of those are from Montreal for... reasons

Calamari41

41 > 38

Why not just give them available tickets rather than cordoning off swaths of the arena, blindly encompassing seats that already belong to loyal season ticket holders who will still likely be around in a couple/few years once the bandwagoners have lost interest?

Sports journalists aren't exactly foreign dignitaries. They're barely high school educated.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Why not just give them available tickets rather than cordoning off swaths of the arena, blindly encompassing seats that already belong to loyal season ticket holders who will still likely be around in a couple/few years once the bandwagoners have lost interest?

Sports journalists aren't exactly foreign dignitaries. They're barely high school educated.

I assume this issue is because the high season ticket holder base...

mo60

Since it's a bit early to say this but with the current state of the pens I am not sure how they will get past the preds if they beat the Sens tommorrow.The sens are playing a bit better then I expected in this series.The preds will likely be a tougher opponent for the pens and the series will likely go to game 7.

Top Bottom