• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Spoiler Thread

LotusHD

Banned
What's the deal with that YoRHa member by herself in the place where the commander is? I talked to her, and she'd tell you to buzz off or whatever.

Finished a relatively quick playthrough of all endings (started a new long-term file now) and the game did in the end have a lot of original Nier references in it, integrated just enough to add weight but without completely screwing those who only played Automata. But stuff like the twins, the library recreation, everything Emil, weapon stories, etc does in sum build a special connection for players of original Nier.

oh thanks, i missed that part. I knew that 9S was "too smart" and eventually would find out the truth, but didn't get the part of B2 killing him over and over.

Puts all those "..." and uncomfortable pause sounds she makes at points all the more potent when replaying with 2B. So much going on she can't acknowledge and things she wants to say but can't.

DNAbro

Finished up the Ending E and I loved the ending credits portion. Ended up deleting my save file.

Beat the game pretty quickly too. Only took like 21 hours. Skipped pretty much every single sidequest.

Enjoyed it mostly, some faults but will most likely be on my GOTY list.

Finished up the Ending E and I loved the ending credits portion. Ended up deleting my save file.

Beat the game pretty quickly too. Only took like 21 hours. Skipped pretty much every single sidequest.

Sidequests really helps charactertise the main cast as well as the world setting. Good to see you did the sacrifice. Did the same with mine. Will probably do another playthrough with the Japanese dub this time.

Consider a fresh new playthrough to keep now. It was in a way better to not have too much time invested when you did that delete, specifically so now you can build a full file and get to some excellent and important side quests along the way.

Finished pretty much every sidequest, got ending E, and fully satisfied, deleted my save file.

Holy shit, man. That ending. That whole thing. Wow.

Finished pretty much every sidequest, got ending E, and fully satisfied, deleted my save file.

Holy shit, man. That ending. That whole thing. Wow.

Taro didn't lie that it would a somewhat happy ending. That chorus though, made the credits emotional. Pod 042 is the hero we all deserve.
Only wished we could have the androids have a moment to speak to one another.

Taro didn't lie that it would a somewhat happy ending. That chorus though, made the credits emotional. Pod 042 is the hero we all deserve.
Only wished we could have the androids have a moment to speak to one another.

I'm looking forward to the last game in the series that ties it all together with a true ending that includes Accord. :^)

This meta commentary on video games given through the E ending could be abstracted to all sorts of things with the overarching theme of 'better is always worth fighting for.'

I'm looking forward to the last game in the series that ties it all together with a true ending that includes Accord. :^)

This meta commentary on video games given through the E ending could be abstracted to all sorts of things with the overarching theme of 'better is always worth fighting for.'

I might be a minority but a conclusion to the Nier world would be great but each game does end quite cleanly leaving a few unfinished plot threads. I am still flabbergasted how well ending e works with no real plot details and is good as the original Nier endings. The twist on deleting the save file was abosolute genius. Since taro works backwards when writing the story from the end, it would suggest the whole credits mission was the first idea he had.

So do we know if ending E is beatable offline?

Cause I'm not gonna lie, kinda sucks if it isn't.
If it is, I hope you have to clear the shmup unassisted. It kind of sucks, but it would suck even more if they sacrificed the significance of the sequence to make it more accessible.

I was fine with having to youtube the ending of Drakengard 3 for the same reason.

I tried to finish ending E alone for an hour and a half while offline. I am 100% sure you have to be online to get helpers, this is what makes the save file sacrifice interesting.

What sucks is I have no idea how someone could manage to finish it without being online....

Hektor

I tried to finish ending E alone for an hour and a half while offline. I am 100% sure you have to be online to get helpers, this is what makes the save file sacrifice interesting.

What sucks is I have no idea how someone could manage to finish it without being online....

i'd think there were a bunch of fakes prepared by the devs

Weiss

Banned
IIRC there's a point where you just can't keep up and need to go online.

And, well, I'm fine with an offline version for future players as long as you still need to sacrifice your save, but I do think it loses its edge over NieR's Ending D if you're not being saved by real people.

IIRC there's a point where you just can't keep up and need to go online.

And, well, I'm fine with an offline version for future players as long as you still need to sacrifice your save, but I do think it loses its edge over NieR's Ending D if you're not being saved by real people.

Yup, especially the messages were a neat idea.

Mine was like "2B and 9S tried everything, so, keep at it you ****" or something to that effect. :D

Razmos

There was... data created in my memory banks as I was referencing the records.
I... realize something.
I have come to the conclusion that I cannot accept this resolution

Got endings ABCDE and a couple of joke ones, so I'm done with game. One of the best games ever honestly, the music is just amazing (hopefully it gets a digital release in the US). I could not finish the original Nier and I couldn't stop playing this one since I got it.

Got endings ABCDE and a couple of joke ones, so I'm done with game. One of the best games ever honestly, the music is just amazing (hopefully it gets a digital release in the US). I could not finish the original Nier and I couldn't stop playing this one since I got it.

The platinum combat really does it's job to make the game more fun and motivate newcomers to experience the Taro story.

There was... data created in my memory banks as I was referencing the records.
I... realize something.
I have come to the conclusion that I cannot accept this resolution

I feel that giving Taro Yoko a medal or a trophy for this game, even if it's decidedly game of the year, would be an affront.

What we need to do is just get a bunch of us together and sing Weight of the World, and present that to him. Full choir version. 'CAUSE WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT LOUD!

LotusHD

Banned
This OST is truly something else. With other games you try to figure out your favorites. With this game, it feels more like you're trying to figure out which are the favorites if your favorites, because every single song is so damm good.

OniBaka

Wished they used copied city more, the music and vibe were giving me chills and it looked freaky thinking there was something way more going on.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wished they used copied city more, the music and vibe were giving me chills and it looked freaky thinking there was something way more going on.

i can only think of adam speaking philosophical mumbo jumbo when i hear that song now, and white cubes

"I have disconnected myself from the network. Come, let us embrace death!"

LotusHD

Banned
What's the song that plays when Pascal's village is on fire. I swear nothing good is ever happening when that song plays lol

Kthulhu

I feel that giving Taro Yoko a medal or a trophy for this game, even if it's decidedly game of the year, would be an affront.

What we need to do is just get a bunch of us together and sing Weight of the World, and present that to him. Full choir version. 'CAUSE WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT LOUD!

You better hurry. 4chan does stuff like that all the time, and the may beat you to it

SephLuis

The platinum combat really does it's job to make the game more fun and motivate newcomers to experience the Taro story.

I think it's more than that.

Platinum's combat is a big draw of the game, but Taro also offers good context and reason for the change in some gameplay sequences.

Bayonetta and W101 had those sequences where the gameplay changed completely, some were great and others a true pain. Here in Nier, I felt that most of them were great or brief and simple enough to not become boring. It also helps that the story itself gives good reason for some of those.

Squire

Banned
Is the quest for the inventor worth doing? Do I just keep giving him money? These items don't seem like anything I need at all.

Satch

Banned
so i already beat the game already and deleted my save for the glory of mankind and i started a new game so i can be more thorough

and WTF at the end of the half-wit inventor sidequest. he made a fucking Tower and u can see it all around the game world

edit: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ above me do it just to see what i am looking at. wtf

Jotakori

Is the quest for the inventor worth doing? Do I just keep giving him money? These items don't seem like anything I need at all.

Not especially, at least not during the early routes when you have other important stuff to buy. You get some materials as you pay, and later he opens a shop that sells an accessory and meteorite shards.

Kthulhu

so i already beat the game already and deleted my save for the glory of mankind and i started a new game so i can be more thorough

and WTF at the end of the half-wit inventor sidequest. he made a fucking Tower and u can see it all around the game world

I love it. It's so dumb and pointless, but they did it anyway.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I think it also contextualizes how he has access to selling meteorite shards/meteorite after building it. I never checked explicitly from other view points but after that quest I was under the impression he build a tower that reached into space.

Shandy

I think it also contextualizes how he has access to selling meteorite shards/meteorite after building it. I never checked explicitly from other view points but after that quest I was under the impression he build a tower that reached into space.

iirc, he said he was trying to reach the moon (to investigate the human server or something?), but landed on Mars instead. Which is equal parts adorable and impressive.

Joe Molotov

omg, the Father Servo final fight

It took me literally half an hour (on Lv. 35)

I almost cried when he got all his HP back.

fuck you, Father Servo, you're worse than Adamantoise in FFXV

omg, the Father Servo final fight

It took me literally half an hour (on Lv. 35)

I almost cried when he got all his HP back.

I only managed to get him to his big form on my first run. He's a lot easier on the second route after ending A. I mean it's hard to even get hit by him.

LotusHD

Banned

OH SHIT, so that's what that was lmao

Let's not say things we don't mean. Also it's your fault for not fighting him with 9S.

Top Bottom