• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiNintendo Wii U console £199.99 @ Amazon UK [update: price & pre-orders removed]

massoluk

Banned
There's no harm in taking up this pre-order. Amazon doesn't charge pre-order, you can cancel any time, and you also get pre-order price guarantee if legit.

Just so you guys know I had preordered the vita memory card 16GB at £17.99 (before launch) and they just wrote it as a pricing error and cancelled it outright. Probs what's gonna happen to this, but I'll try my luck again XD

Edit: also notice it's for the Black WiiU but Nintendo said they were launching with white first, iirc.

beje

Banned
No harm in trying. It's worked for me a lot of times with games, saving as much as £10 over the final price.

hatchx

Banned
279.99 with Nintendo Land packed in would be a good deal.

If they wanted to sweeten the pot, make a 329.99 bundle that includes a 150GB harddrive and a game. White console with NSMBU or a black console with Assassins Creed 3.

Rekubot

Pre-ordered just in case Amazon decides to honour it. And I told myself I wasn't going to buy it on launch day... At least I can cancel any time.

Salvadora

279.99 with Nintendo Land packed in would be a good deal.

If they wanted to sweeten the pot, make a 329.99 bundle that includes a 150GB harddrive and a game. White console with NSMBU or a black console with Assassins Creed 3.

I think its been confirmed to come with 8gb flash memory.

Thoraxes

Means nothing if they make a mistake and got the price wrong. They've already canceled pre-orders for me saying they made a mistake.

Anyway, this seems way too low, I'll wait for Nintendo to officially announce the price.

Edit: It says it ships in four weeks lol, no doubt this is a mistake.

I've gotten all mine honored :D

Like that super-cheap PS3 mistake that happened.

Apoc87

Banned
So guys, is this what the console looks like?!?!

31iOVInT38L._AA300_.jpg

gcubed

I've taken advantage of the pre-order guarantee before..I would here too if the US site had it

the guarantee is only good for a few dollars. They will do what they have been doing lately. "Its the wrong listing, so we cancelled all orders, please re-order on the new listing"

GQman2121

Banned
So that's $300. At that price I'm not sold on it yet. A new 3D Mario would probably push me over the edge though.....again.

The date and price are both placeholders, obviously, stop asking if it's coming out in a month :lol

While they won't honour the date, they *might* honour the price, 'cause I'd expect this to be nearer shopto's estimate.

Oooh, a black console would be really nice but as others have said, the price seems low and the launch date seems too soon :(

I'm tempted to get one at launch/soon after launch if Pikmin and P-100 are in that window but I'm cautious after getting 3DS at launch (woo for free Metroid Fusion though).

hatchx

Banned
Just get a cheaper HD yourself.

This is what I'll probably do, but I think a lot of people won't have this option. Not everyone owns piles of external harddrives like I do. I fully expect Nintendo to have their own branded HDD for consumers at launch.

deleted

Preordered just in case. Maybe I'll cancel it later, depends on the online infrastructure Nintendo is going to announce.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hurry up amazon USA, update your listing so I can pre-order :( still says unavailable

I find it extremely hard to believe that it is launching in July

Noice, preordered. Was expecting £250+ especially with the shopto price that went up first. If we're lucky we'll see supermarket price wars closer to launch too.

Sanjay

Is July 14 serious?

Also whats that in typical US pricing? 250 or 299?

The Wii was launched in the United States on November 19, 2006 at $249.99. It was later launched in the United Kingdom on December 8, 2006 at £179.

1:1 it is $310 so they could retail in US for $299.99

But if that's the UK price then US price would be $279.99 going by how they have priced stuff in the US/UK.

Top Bottom