• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World Championships 2017 Thread

Andrea is a really good host for this kind of stuff. She knows exactly how to interact with all different kinds of people and what to expect from each.

Kinsei

Banned
I think it's such a low occurrence that you're going to misgender someone (also, of course, you could just make sure you have it all right before the event begins) that it doesn't make much sense to change the vocabulary, but IDK.

It is a low chance but it did happen to them in the last championships.

Pandy

I think the slight awkwardness is a fair trade off for the larger issue of potentially mis-gendering someone accidentally. "They" works as a pretty acceptable pronoun for someone who would use the "they" "he" or "she" pronoun, and is just kind of a catch all when you aren't totally sure.
Yeah, some screen-names aren't 100% obvious, and he's probably developed the habit from commentating on quickly moving games where he doesn't have time go check.

Yo, Balloon Fight!

Really happy to see Asa doing so well. I knew he was big into Smash and Starcraft. I hope to see him go far; loved him in Hugo.

Dyle

Balloon fight would make for a horrifying VR experience, just imagine falling from the sky into the mouth of a giant fish

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Reggie has a metroid shirt and now Bill as well. Hmmmmm....

Regiruler

Ambivalent on Balloon fight staying over from last time.

I feel like it could have been another game but it's Iwata's game. But so is pinball so IDK.

Lutherian

Bill !

latest

Top Bottom