• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World Championships 2017 Thread

Lyng

Watched it today. Am I the only one that feels Odyssey could be a great esport? The final was so fun to watch.

Raysoul

Yes. And it was hilarious to watch.

DLkuXrjUMAAgRZW.jpg

Wtfffffffffff

Donkey Kong segment was amazing. Brought back all the frustrations I had going through this level myself years ago lol.

These events are amazing. Just a lot of fun to watch.

Did they say why they went for Returns instead of Tropical Freeze?

It was The Underground (Loser's Bracket) which is for older games. Even the Mario Brothers Deluxe in the finals took place in "The Underground".

This is why you wouldn't see Returns for 3DS or Tropical Freeze. The regular bracket was for 3DS, Wii U and Switch games.

Returns was the most recent game played at The Underground.

Wamb0wneD

It was The Underground (Loser's Bracket) which is for older games. Even the Mario Brothers Deluxe in the finals took place in "The Underground".

This is why you wouldn't see Returns for 3DS or Tropical Freeze. The regular bracket was for 3DS, Wii U and Switch games.

Returns was the most recent game played at The Underground.

Ah good to know, thanks!

Biske

Watched it today. Am I the only one that feels Odyssey could be a great esport? The final was so fun to watch.

A lot of the non standard competition games could. The old school mario game that had them 1 on 1 on the same level, was the highlight of the event for me.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Just finished watching this as I had to stop halfway through over the weekend.

This was fantastic. And man, SMB Deluxe is absolutely the best version of SMB.

just finished watching it. the retro game skills in the underground games were cringe worthy. I have no doubt that I could have made the finals with the mediocre skill shown in those games.

Buuuut i am a horrible smash player and would probably be sent to the underground...it all balances out.

So happy they had TETRIS in the NWC. Hopefully they bring back more retro games like DONKEY KONG ARCADE.

They need to do better qualifiers and have a larger more international demographic so that it will be the most elite players on the planet.

I am happy for
the new champion though

LaNaranja

I was really hoping the last 1v1 game before the inevitable Odyssey finale would be Pikmin 3 Bingo Battle. That game is awesome and that mode didn't get enough love thanks to Nintendo making it local multiplayer only.

Top Bottom