• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

tm24

Welcome to NOVEMBER! What's November all about? The main event feud of the two titans of wrestling!

iqL39mDEW21xd.jpg

iein0uJVvH62P.jpg

in 2013!!!!!!!!

Oh, and this guy is the champ, but he's not that important

ibfkv98zfG3Fps.jpg

Nor is this guy and his grandpa

ifuYscLmoRshy.jpg

But this guy is pretty important

ibiyPaOMXwmcWi.jpg

WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN NOVEMBER FROM 2013?

More John Cena, More Triple H and Big Show feuding in 2013. Is there any hope? Yes! WWE is throwing a major crossover event where the Punkverse and the Bryanverse are doing a possible 4 part crossover. There's a lot of buzz and it will most likely crash and burn like most crossover events?

What is TNA?

http://i.minus.com/ibaYqyXmAUrhDg.gif

Honestly, i have no idea. I think they're busy ripping off 2 year old WWE storylines

Is there anything good out there?

Glad you asked!

iv94A6yQOiGD3.jpeg

NJPW is the best wrestling that you find out there. yeah, it can cost you, but it's so worth it! The upcoming Power Struggle sets the stage for WRESTLE KINGDOM, which is what Wrestlemania would be if it actually delivered. Set for the show are

1. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2013 – Semi Final: Jado & Gedo vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson
2. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2013 – Semi Final: BUSHI & Valiente vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Captain New Japan & KUSHIDA vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask
4. Yuji Nagata vs. Takashi Iizuka
5. Tomoaki Honma vs. Bad Luck Fale
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Brian Kendrick & Baretta vs. Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo & Taichi
7. Tetsuya Naito, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Kota Ibushi vs. Toru Yano, Masato Tanaka ZERO1, Yujiro Takahashi & Tomohiro Ishii
8. Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Karl Anderson & Prince Devitt
9. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2013 – Final:

Cost is $15 and can be streamed at http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

WHO IS THE BIGGEST MARK?

iBReHbplmKOYo.jpg

ANYTHING ELSE SPECIAL?

Glad you asked. November is also NASHVEMBER!

ibvuKWN10J6EO0.jpg

Lets talk about the smartest man in wrestling! But first, some Nash moments!

Bret Hart vs Diesel

irwxpNm0mxdrE.gif

ibdEKbYgae5XMK.jpg

iKzXBlRPsTMqH.gif

Great interview on Grantland on Nash that really gets at what makes Nash Nash

tm24

I really recommend everyone read the amazing grantland article on Nash. It's such a good read

Ok first page. First day of the month. Lets take a quick survey.

Who thinks TNA will get through this month without being sold or closed down?

I think they will get through most of November ok.

My guess is whatever goes down will go down just before Christmas in mid December for added screwing over of the already suffering, under paid talent.

Aiii

So not worth it

Jesus Chris Fex, you really need to stop posting about AJ mate.

My guess is whatever goes down will go down just before Christmas in mid December for added screwing over of the already suffering, under paid talent.

Doubt it will be this year, maybe after they come back from the UK.

Holy fuck, Mr. Fex

Power Struggle looks dope. Decided not to get any of the smaller shows, cause I gotta save money this month, but I'm most likely in for the actual show.

Jamie OD

I believe if they ever do get sold, it will be for more money than WWE paid for WCW and that's only because of the Spike TV timeslot.

I believe if they ever do get sold, it will be for more money than WWE paid for WCW and that's only because of the Spike TV timeslot.

Good point. I think that will be a big factor in whoever buys it.

Maybe that MMA company they partnered with could buy them and do something with that slot? Or do they already have a show on Spike. Can a B level MMA company do a weekly show anyway?

Whatever happens I dont see WWE buying them directly. I think whatever price they sell for will be to much for them since WWE would probably just be interested in it as a potential DVD down the road and adding to the WWE networks library if that thing ever happens.

Maybe someone buys them, takes there current TV slot and production crew and sells the tape library to WWE for pennies.

Aiii

So not worth it

Maybe that MMA company they partnered with could buy them and do something with that slot? Or do they already have a show on Spike. Can a B level MMA company do a weekly show anyway?

Whatever happens I dont see WWE buying them directly. I think whatever price they sell for will be to much for them since WWE would probably just be interested in it as a potential DVD down the road and adding to the WWE networks library if that thing ever happens.

Maybe someone buys them, takes there current TV slot and production crew and sells the tape library to WWE for pennies.

That MMA company is owned by Viacom, which owns SpikeTV, so if they wanted to do MMA in that time slot, they'd just do it.

But that would be silly, as Bellator gets nowhere near the ratings of Impact, which is Spike's highest rated show of the entire network.

bjork

The only reason I could see WWE having any interest in the tape library would be so if they did DVDs about the ex-WWE guys who went there, they could have a chapter about that wrestler's downfall and how it was never as good after leaving the big leagues. I don't think you'll ever see even the slightest integration like you have with WCW names sometimes being used or whatever.

Or, potentially, owning it so that no one else has it, just to make it known to anyone else who tries to do a big promotion that this is where you'll eventually end up, defunct and your tapes library in a vault.

As far as a timeline, who knows. I suppose if the money shows up and it's the right amount, being the right time doesn't matter as much.

Bellator already has weekly events.

No Fingerpoke of Doom yet?

EDIT: Also, that Nakamura, Kendrick, Trent vs Suzuki-gun match isn't really branded as a CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun match right?

The New Japan show in the OP is next Wednesday's Road to Power Struggle show, which is $15 - the Power Struggle show itself is $25, here's the card;

NJPW, "POWER STRUGGLE", 2013.11.09
Osaka BODYMAKER Colosseum

ipvREjvVRMkzw.jpg

1. Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Kota Ibushi vs. Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale
2. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
3. Special Singles Match: Tomoaki Honma vs. Katsuyori Shibata
4. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
5. IWGP Tag Team Title & NWA World Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Rob Conway & Jax Dane
6. NEVER Openweight Title & Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Masato Tanaka ZERO1
7. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Karl Anderson

Also, the next PWG shows are All Star Weekend 10 on December 20th & 21st! The Night 1 main event is Ricochet, Rich Swann & AR Fox vs Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks, plus a non-title match with Adam Cole vs Candice LeRae, while the main event of Night 2 is Adam Cole (c) vs Johnny Gargano for the PWG Title!

Also, that Nakamura, Kendrick, Trent vs Suzuki-gun match isn't really branded as a CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun match right?

I'd totally forgot Kendrick & Baretta were in CHAOS until I saw the card, tbh.

Laserfrog

Welcome to November, welcome to wrestling. November is the most wrestling of months, have you wrestled with November yet? I know I sure have. The great Lou Thesz once said "November? That's corn month." As he'd snack on the corn he'd take from the great fields of Minnesota, for Thesz, every month was corn month. He'd eat so much corn he'd get a bad case of corn mouth. The debilitating affliction that causes one to gain a permanent smile due to the overwhelming joy of eating wonderful corn.

Aiii

So not worth it
I upgraded to an iPad Air and browsing Strobogo's 100MB gif posts is now alot less of a hassle. Thank you based Apple.

[WRESTLE-1 News] W-1 officially announced that AJ Styles will be coming to the promotion on November 16 and he will be taking on Seiya Sanada. Currently the match is listed as a non-title match as Styles is set to defend his belt this weekend in Mexico against Judas Mesias. This also marks the official first match that W-1 has even announced before a scheduled show.

Jeff Jarrett is said to be the man behind wanting to see this match happen as I have noted in the past that Jarrett saw a lot in the up and coming Sanada. Sanada is the top candidate to come from Japan to the USA sometime down the road and this match will be the biggest opportunities in Sanada’s career to date. 

W-1 AJ news

Aiii

So not worth it
f4wonline.com posted some news on Davey Richards.

Just thought I send you a quick note regarding Davey Richards and his future, as I've seen a few reports elsewhere claiming that he'd announced tonight in a post-match speech in the U.K. that he was going to the WWE. I was present at the Preston City Wrestling's 'Fright Night 2' show tonight, which saw Richards in action. Richards has been in the U.K. for a full month, wrestling on tons of shows across the U.K. and hosting various wrestling seminars. Tomorrow is his last show in the country on his current tour. After his match tonight (a defeat to U.K. wrestler Dave Mastiff) he cut a short promo, thanking all the U.K. fans for their support and putting over their passion. He said that whenever has felt like quitting the business, he comes to the U.K. and rediscovers his passion for wrestling. He even went as far to say that the U.K. fans 'saved his life'. He then said that there's been a lot of speculation about where he and Eddie (Edwards, although he never said the surname) will be going next and to which promotion. He said for legal reasons he can't talk about it, but that if this was his last tour of the U.K., he said he'd gone out on a high and again, thanked everyone for their support. He again mentioned that wherever he and Eddie go, that there will be fireworks.

He never once said 'WWE', or any promotions name, although he clearly implied it, given the speculation he referenced. The fact that he never ruled out anything publicly was interesting (although he'd probably be a fool to do so), as was him bringing up Eddie Edwards name twice.

YES I'm not in the Hall anymore, wooooo *fireworks*

Also I got made a PlayStation MVP yesterday! So prepare for my community attack :p

Top Bottom