• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nuketown 2025 no longer coming to the Wii U version of Black Ops 2?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
wii u superior version confirmed

Second post and we're done.

Also I think you guys should wait until the game is launched before throwing a fit. I think this may be an 11th hour thing in getting it on there. If it isn't there when you pick the game up, yeah: False advertising aplenty. But I'd wait just to make sure before getting the torch and pitchforks.

VariantX

Every time it shows up in any mode it gets picked. This map was the entire reason that no map can be voted in more than twice.

EDarkness

I contacted Amazon and they told me that the Nuketown code will be sent to everyone who ordered the game within 24-48 hours from today. I haven't gotten my code yet, but was told that if I don't get it by Monday, then contact them again. So I wouldn't worry about it...yet.

Hey I have an awesome business decision! Let's wait till the last minute and then remove the Pre-order bonus from only ONE version of the game. BRILLIANT! I R Business Genius!

Malvingt2

I contacted Amazon and they told me that the Nuketown code will be sent to everyone who ordered the game within 24-48 hours from today. I haven't gotten my code yet, but was told that if I don't get it by Monday, then contact them again. So I wouldn't worry about it...yet.
really now?

Hey I have an awesome business decision! Let's wait till the last minute and then remove the Pre-order bonus from only ONE version of the game. BRILLIANT! I R Business Genius!
lol Activision way of doing things.

Malvingt2

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Amazon customer service says Nuketown 2025 on the way

GN.png

the info is coming from a banned site. I did change the host for the picture..

link to COD BO2 Wii U Forum

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413508618#413508618

I was just about to post this.....it seems legit....goes to show that people should actually wait for the game to be "officially" released before complaining about maps that aren't there.

Malvingt2

I was just about to post this.....it seems legit....goes to show that people should actually wait for the game to be "officially" released before complaining about maps that aren't there.

but you can't blame them because of the the way Activision acted for damage control. Now does this mean eShop?

antonz

When the publisher deletes all mention of it off their site I think its justified to start wondering what is going on. After you buy the game and open it is a little too late to find out if its coming or not.

but you can't blame them because of the the way Activision acted for damage control. Now does this mean eShop?

It most likely does mean eShop and since that it's available on Wii U until the day 1 system update, it makes sense that Amazon didn't hand out some kind of code with Black Ops 2 since it would be just available to download when the eShop reads your Black Ops 2 profile and gives you the rights to download the map. I'm pretty sure the map is going to be free it's free for all the other consoles whether you pre-ordered or not.

I guess the real test would be to see if other retailers know about this code mail out. Surely other retailers are going to be sending out code less boxes, not just Amazon?

Also the e.mail reads like a canned response. All it says is that the map will be available to download on launch day. It doesn't specify if it is free for pre-order customers.

should the news be a new thread? or mods should just update this one?

I think we may just need to wait 7 days longer......anything could happen and Nintendo fans have been burned already too many times with Call of Duty games.....that is unless Activision themselves announces it (again).

Malvingt2

Title should be updated.
Yeah..

I guess the real test would be to see if other retailers know about this code mail out. Surely other retailers are going to be sending out code less boxes, not just Amazon?

Also the e.mail reads like a canned response. All it says is that the map will be available to download on launch day. It doesn't specify if it is free for pre-order customers.
yeah that is a problem.

I think we may just need to wait 7 days longer......anything could happen and Nintendo fans have been burned already too many times with Call of Duty games.....that is unless Activision themselves announces it (again).
I agree.. It is fine for now but Activision should just say it.. yes or no..

You'd think Amazon's marketing team would be on top of a code mail out going to all customers BLOPS 2 U orders as well. I'm calling BS on the whole mail out.

Amazon might facilitate it, but it's Activision fuck up.

Hawk269

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but since we are talking DLC on the Wii U, got a question.

To use an externall HDD, do you just buy any brand that has a USB port and just plug it into the Wii U and it recognizes it? I assume it needs to be formatted in whatever method the Wii U can use it correct? Also, does anyone know if there are limitiations on the size of the HDD that the Wii U will recognize?

Malvingt2

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but since we are talking DLC on the Wii U, got a question.

To use an externall HDD, do you just buy any brand that has a USB port and just plug it into the Wii U and it recognizes it? I assume it needs to be formatted in whatever method the Wii U can use it correct? Also, does anyone know if there are limitiations on the size of the HDD that the Wii U will recognize?

Where are downloadable software purchases stored?

Downloads can be stored either to the internal storage memory or to an external USB storage device. Saving to an SD Card is not supported.

What should be done when there is insufficient remaining space in the Wii U internal storage memory to download a new game?

Please increase the amount of available space by deleting unneeded data from the system's Data Management menu. Otherwise, use an external USB storage device to increase the amount of available space.

Can downloadable software stored on an external USB storage device be played on another Wii U system?

No. A given external USB storage device can be used with one Wii U system.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499370&highlight=wii+u

info I got is from there.

Nilaul

I wouldnt even dare waste my money on BO2 on WiiU (or any other format), when there seem to be more money worthy titles on the WiiU.

Übermatik;44239890 said:
So it DOES have Nuketown, right?

Who knows at this point, it seems like if the Nuketown bonus is a make or break for someone's purchase decision then they would be best off waiting until the 18th to know for sure.

Ponn

Banned
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Amazon customer service says Nuketown 2025 on the way

the info is coming from a banned site. I did change the host for the picture..

link to COD BO2 Wii U Forum

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413508618#413508618

Take it for what you will, but Amazon CS is good about being fair and giving out credits but they are from knowledgeable and will feed you bullshit like the rest of them. I had my The Sky preorder, which was limited to a 1000 print run I had two Amazon CS reps assure me they would get a restock to fulfill my preorder in December on it. So yea,, you all might want better confirmation then that.

majorscud

I finally got to speak with a manager that had been in contact with Amazon.com's promotions department.

He was able to confirm that Activision updated them, and Nuketown 2025 is not coming to the Wii U.

He apologized and gave me a small credit for the issue.

I was curious before because they had emailed me a code that looked like this XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX saying it was a preorder code. It turns out this is the code for the $5 video promo credit that is already applied to your account after it ships.

Someone needs to ask Activision if it is EVER coming to Wii U, because I imagine for some people this is a massive difference in the versions... Judging by some responses there'll be both people happy about this and pissed about it.

I finally got to speak with a manager that had been in contact with Amazon.com's promotions department.

He was able to confirm that Activision updated them, and Nuketown 2025 is not coming to the Wii U.

He apologized and gave me a small credit for the issue.

I was curious before because they had emailed me a code that looked like this XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX saying it was a preorder code. It turns out this is the code for the $5 video promo credit that is already applied to your account after it ships.

:mad:

antonz

Well that's one preorder cancelled tomorrow when I pick up AC3. Its not that big of a deal but don't advertise something up to a week before launch then suddenly pull it saying nevermind. That's horseshit.

Strange that Nuketown 2025 isnt included, but i wouldnt be surprised if it was offered later on at least.
Oh I am sure it will be in one of their map packs for sale

Are people upset because it's supposed to be some amazing map, or are people upset over the laziness/miscommunication of it all?

GooeyHeat

Are people upset because it's supposed to be some amazing map, or are people upset over the laziness/miscommunication of it all?

Well, I don't see any real reason to remove it all of a sudden, and whether you like the map or not, removing a preorder bonus after many people preordered it is just a shitty-ass move.

I actually think the map is kinda shitty, but I know a lot of people do like it (heck, that is why they remade it for BO2). But it sucks that they jerked around people this whole time, which will probably lead to people canceling pre-orders, which will lead to Acti saying "Well there isn't enough of an audience for us to do DLC on Wii U" or some such bullshit. I am still picking up the game on Wii U, but I am just gonna make sure that Acti knows that we want that DLC. I want to be able to play a CoD game on whatever platform I want and not feel like I am limited because of it (which I kinda felt on PC BO1).

Edit: Also, I should point out for clarification that Nuketown isn't at all a pre-order bonus. It is in all first run copies of the game on 360/PS3. Gamestop and others were just pushing the "pre-order or you won't get it!" just because that is what they always do.

Well, I don't see any real reason to remove it all of a sudden, and whether you like the map or not, removing a preorder bonus after many people preordered it is just a shitty-ass move.

Right, I agree. I'm really glad that I have a week to decide if I'm getting the Wii U version or well, not at all as I don't have the other consoles. I'll just watch from afar as these events unfold. :p

djlr181

A month ago, Activision wasn't sure if they would have DLC for the game. Wii U version may not have DLC. We will find out soon enough.

majik13

The back of my box says "Add on Content"

I scanned the box insert onto my Flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorscud/8171114576/

does the manual, if there is one, or anyone know the full range of what dual screen co-op is? Can you only do the dual screen thing with 2 players, against bots?
Or maybe 2-4 players on the tv, 1 on the gamepad?
Can you go online dual screen?

Can you do splitscreen online on the other consoles?

majorscud

does the manual, if there is one, or anyone know the full range of what dual screen co-op is? Can you only do the dual screen thing with 2 players, against bots?
Or maybe 2-4 players on the tv, 1 on the gamepad?
Can you go online dual screen?

Can you do splitscreen online on the other consoles?

There is a leaflet not a manual. It doesn't have any game info really. It says "PRESS THE HOME BUTTON WHILE THE GAME IS RUNNING, THEN SELECT [?] TO VIEW THE ELECTRONIC MANUAL". Then it has seizure warnnings, software licence agreement, and limited warranty info.

By the way: The manager at my gamestop let me try putting it in their demo system, unfortunately there was no way to boot the game (home screen disabled, and it wont auto-run on insert).

majorscud

Hello from XXXXXXX at Amazon.com,

Hi Major Scud, I am very sorry that I was so late in getting back to you today and checking to see if the marketing team had emailed you with a response. I still don't see that they have responded to our request, but it has become known to me that this map isn't supported by the Wii U platform.

Because the 2025 Nuketown map isn't supported on the Wii U and that was the reason for the change taking place on the website. I am very sorry for any misunderstanding concerning this bonus offer that you won't receive with the Wii U version of this game.

I can see that one of my colleagues has already issued you a promotional credit for the problem and the delay in us notifying you about the status.

I appreciate your patience and hope you will give us the chance to serve you better in the future.

I also hope you will be able to use the credit to purchase something that you will truly enjoy! Thanks so much for shopping at Amazon.com.

Drensch

Fyi, I've been tweeting with Activision support, and they confirm that it's won't be available at launch on Wiiu. They don't know when.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So it's no longer coming... at launch. But eventually, it will. Maybe.

And watch, it won't be free for people who pre-ordered it. Just watch.

Pineconn

I'm less worried about the Nuketown map, and more worried about whether the game will run well online. Apparently the PS3 version isn't doing too hot right now, and couple this with brand new hardware. I'm nervous.

I'm less worried about the Nuketown map, and more worried about whether the game will run well online. Apparently the PS3 version isn't doing too hot right now, and couple this with brand new hardware. I'm nervous.

Who gave you that info?

I've been running train on the PS3!

went 24-9 a couple games ago.

Top Bottom