• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
Lots of people are. Trump supporters and Republicans are going to reinforce the narrative as much as they can. Sure, anyone with sense sees through the bullshit but it quells the feelings of humiliation he may have felt among his base.

That honestly doesn't matter. Like at all.

It doesn't stop the facts, it doesn't stop the investigation. Trump's base will never be swayed and you can consider them lost, at this point.

PopeReal

I just checked his Twitter, this is what I'm waiting for. Given his demeanor, he's collecting himself and will probably have a measured tone but I hope that he calls for Nunes to recuse himself today. I mean, Schiff himself is a lawyer so he's probably going through some things right now to bolster his case to make to the public.

All this shit is so crazy that you have to collect yourself now and again. It will be interesting to see how many people are going to lose their careers or worse.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hope Tapper is ready with questions about the legality of his statements and why he ran to the WH before briefing anyone else.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Nunes now

full

JP_

Banned
I assume he's putting this out there as candy for Trump because he can try to say it validates his wiretapping claims.

Edit: or maybe he's just an idiot rambling? Will look forward to watching Tapper interview later

Chumley

Banned
"We have to make sure we protect the incoming administration"

Greasy fuck could not be more transparent if he tried.

Nunes getting skewered by Tapper right now. He really doesn't seem prepared for the fallout of his actions.

Nunes: "I've made a huge mistake".

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Maybe I misheard, but I believe he just claimed the Obama admin knew or was briefed about this?

Yea, this was how I interpreted his justification for running to Trump. It's such bullshit, especially doing so without notifying the other members of the committee first.

This just reeks of being a total breach of the sanctity of the investigation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's almost unbelievable how much of a self-serving weasel shit Nunes is. He's a complete fucking scumbag and I hope he gets bowel cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom