• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrboyev

I'm think Nunes is somehow involved with the some shady shit. I don't see any other reason why is he doing what he is doing right now.

MIMIC

Banned
Former intelligence guy on CNN: "CNN correspondent called a foreigner, and in the tap, it was listed as 'U.S. person.' I then went and identified that CNN correspondent."

lol

jelly

Is he looking for a gold star or something. That or he panicked big time.

Teflon Trump doesn't need this, it's a weird thing to do.

jmdajr

I like how the FBI/NSA were going to make sure that leaks were stopping in behalf of GOP concern, and then we get this.

I mean... I can't.

KHarvey16

I'm making perfect sense. You can see who I've responded to in this thread. The poster I initially responded to clearly was questioning how Nunes' had the ability to know what was in the communication.

You're confused about the content of the posts in this particular discussion. Nunes' clearance was not the subject, his authority to disclose was.

DonShula

AP doing a news alert on Trump's response.

In the short term, Nunes' crazytrain act worked.

Now we'll see what happens when people start asking questions.

ivajz

Yeah. This isn't good for either of them. It was done using a fisa warrant, this means it is legal and looks really bad but for trump.

Nunes also looks super partisan and is probably protecting trump for reasons, maybe he is compromised.

Paches

I know this is probably laughable but...

What are the chances Nunes went to the White House to inform the President that the FBI inadvertently collected evidence on him that proves he broke the law in some fashion?

Nothing is out of the question at this rate.

trembli0s

Trump's week going to come up all roses at this rate.

This gives his supporters everything they needed. How is information, not related to the Russia investigation, being collected?

Trust me, the only people that will think this vindicates Trump are people who already believe the ridiculous wiretapping claim in the first place.

Seriously, haha

The story now is why did Nunes immediately go to Trump with this information and what the heck was Trump doing to get his data collected like this?

Trump tells @jeffzeleny that he feels vindicated by Nunes' revelations. "I somewhat do," he says. "I appreciate him coming over."

So Nunes goes public and runs off to Trump, without any pre-discussions with his own committee, possibly breaking the law in the process, just to tell Trump he was kinda-sorta-indirectly surveilled during an unrelated investigation.

-all just to make Trump feel good about his wiretapping accusation against Obama, which is still confirmed to be a lie.

He's working the broken clock/twice a day angle?

Kevtones

Wait does this confirm the FISA warrant?

This seems so pointlessly lapdogish.

Wait, did Nunes circumvent his committee and report this to the President? That's corrupt af.

Not surprising given the mass surveillance by all of the government agencies in the digital age of big data.

This does not vindicate Trump; Obama ordered no such thing. He still owes an apology.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
So Nunes is on an investigative panel and with information he learned concerning an investigation into Trump, he went to Trump himself to tell him what he learned?

Is that right?

AP doing a news alert on Trump's response.

In the short term, Nunes' crazytrain act worked.

Now we'll see what happens when people start asking questions.

The only people who care about such claims are those in his ever-shrinking base. I'm not even sure what this accomplishes given the fact that the "tapp" was of a foreign national (incidental), completely legal, and confirmed not to be ordered by Obama?

Nunes comes out looking real bad here and it might cost him his seat on this investigation.

Armaros

So Nunes is on an investigative panel and with information he learned concerning an investigation into Trump, he went to Trump himself to tell him what he learned?

Is that right?

It's basically a mirror of Watergate. It got set off when the investigation was speaking directly to Nixon about the case itself.

DonShula

The only people who care about such claims are those in his ever-shrinking base. I'm not even sure what this accomplishes given the fact that the "tapp" was of a foreign national (incidental), completely legal, and confirmed not to be ordered by Obama?

Nunes comes out looking real bad here and it might cost him his seat on this investigation.

I do get caught up looking at this through the lens of someone who wants that base to eventually see the light. This doesn't accomplish that, true. But it might be enough to keep outlets like CNN parroting this defense as a legitimate "side" to take on the issue, which frustrates me.

I take comfort in knowing this doesn't change what the FBI is doing one bit.

Arttemis

The question... Did he just illegally disclose information possibly incriminating Trump to vindicate his previous statements? Not only is that possibly illegal, it's outright insane! Incidental collection means he wasn't the source of the wire taps as he insinuated.

Fucking lunacy.

I'm think Nunes is somehow involved with the some shady shit. I don't see any other reason why is he doing what he is doing right now.
Somehow? It's already confirmed he owns a vineyard with a distributor closely linked to Putin.

Nunes smokescreen worked. This is exactly what Trump wanted.
Meh. Trump still lied, and his base still believes him. Nothing changed.

It's pretty simple. If Obama "Wire tapped" he's going to jail. If Trump is compromised by Russia and committed treason he's going to jail. So which endgame are you betting on?

Sounds like Nunes is the original leaker on whole the wiretapping claim in the first place. The one Trump conveniently used to make the false accusation against Obama.

This sounds like a big setup job that fell short. I think they were expecting to catch Obama, but then Comey shut them all down and now they're doing damage control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom