• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

I mean, incidental gathering is what ended Flynn.

So, depends what was said.

Doesn't it seem odd that he was able to throw in "it's not about Russia?" Almost as if he's able to answer yes or no to what the communications WERE about. I'm confused.

SexyFish

Banned
I honestly thought something was up with how Nunes went to Comey,"JUST SO YOU KNOW, the republican platform was NOT weakened, in fact, it was made tougher on Russia and Ukraine!!!... I just want you to make sure you make that FACT known in your investigation..

You're writing in down, right?... right Mr. Director.. oh god.. please tell me you'll remember that.. you promise... PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I DIDNT DO ANYTHING I SWEAR TO GOD"

I love to think that Comey has shit on Nunes and is waiting for the investigation to conclude to shitblast him.

Is Nunes implying that this might validate Trump's wiretapping claim?

Because this doesn't sound like wiretapping.
This is how they do it. They target you, but they don't want to say they're targeting you, so they target a lot of people around you. That's how they get you and your information. That's how they got me - the lying media tried to cover this up, but Nunes is an honest man and wouldn't allow that to happen.

-Future Trump Speech

Maybe he'll even use it to try and fire Comey if he can.

Goldmund

He is gonna walk into the White House and speak to the President about this.

No one has been briefed so he is doing it alone.

Like in the Matrix when Cypher (Joe Pantoliano's character) betrays everyone so he can be king.
There had to have been someone who loved Trump Steaks.

Lol Nunes what the fuck are you doing

Nunes is like Wormtongue reporting back to Saruman about the Fellowship arriving at Rohan.

200_s.gif

TS-08

Doesn't it seem odd that he was able to throw in "it's not about Russia?" Almost as if he's able to answer yes or no to what the communications WERE about. I'm confused.

He got this information from intelligence reports, which presumably summarize or otherwise detail the content of the communication.

Nope. Refuse to let a possible smoking gun to Trump be my football to my Charlie Brown. I doubt anything comes from this other than what we all already know.

If you go back and watch that committee hearing with Comey, Nunes looks pretty nervous. Its easy (for me at least) to spot when someone is worried and trying to hide it.

DonShula

If it "wasn't related to Russia" what else can it be then? Cant think of any other thing other than it relating to the elction or some money passing hands maybe.

It couldn't be that we actually have some non-Russia dirt unearthed, could it? Back during the campaign we were all hoping for cut Apprentice footage of him dropping the n-bomb. Maybe something along those lines?

Nafai1123

Banned
He got this information from intelligence reports, which presumably summarize or otherwise detail the content of the communication.

But that information is usually classified. Normally you can't even confirm/deny the existence of FISA collected information, let alone discuss the content of what was collected.

This entire thing sounds like him digging through whatever has been made available to them to find "something" to justify Trumps claims, and he's then trying to spin it in a way to vindicate Trump without making the Russia connection accusations worse.

Nunes is a tool.

Surfinn

If you go back and watch that committee hearing with Comey, Nunes looks pretty nervous. Its easy (for me at least) to spot when someone is worried and trying to hide it.

It was almost like he was asking "you can promise me you're not going to find anything.. right?!"

But that information is usually classified. Normally you can't even confirm/deny the existence of FISA collected information, let alone discuss the content of what was collected.

This entire thing sounds like him digging through whatever has been made available to them to find "something" to justify Trumps claims, and he's then trying to spin it in a way to vindicate Trump without making the Russia connection accusations worse.

Nunes is a tool.

Which is exactly where I was going. "By the way I've got this super classified information.. it's NOT ABOUT RUSSIA, but I have it."

TS-08

Nunes is a tool.

I assume he has clearance for the reports he is reviewing.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: don't they have to dispose of incidental collection within 60 days unless they get a warrant after the fact...

See, this right here is why you DO LUNCH.
I'm on to you Streve Brannon, if that's even your real name!

Maxim726X

Yeah, just look at the Fox News spin:

I mean, it's a pretty shitty spin.

That fact that the campaign was under surveillance at all means that they were in contact with people who were under surveillance, i.e. individuals on the FBIs shit list. Obama had nothing to do with it from square 1.

I don't see that as a great defense.

Trey

Is Nunes implying that this might validate Trump's wiretapping claim?

Because this doesn't sound like wiretapping.

It's trying to discredit our intelligence agency collection methods in order to preemptively shield Trump or any administration members from being targeted by a case. This is a continuation of the republican strategy used by Nunes and Gowdy et al in the House Intelligence Comittee hearing earlier this week.

Vestal

Gold Member
Wait a second? No one in the Committee knows what the fuck he is taking to the President?

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK

That fact that the campaign was under surveillance at all means that they were in contact with people who were under surveillance, i.e. individuals on the FBIs shit list. Obama had nothing to do with it from square 1.

It's pretty much the only spin they have considering the investigation was announced publicly. Make the investigation look partisan or biased by Obama.

Your thinking is too subtle for Trump supporters still.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly. That doesn't include being able to disclose it in a press conference though.
"We need to be looking into these illegal leakers!"

aka: Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain operating the wizard projector, but the person who pulled it back should be in prison!

TS-08

Clearly. That doesn't include being able to disclose it in a press conference though.

That's not what the person I was responding to initially was getting at, although he seems to be suggesting it was now. He clearly was referring to Nunes' ability to know what the communications were (which is why he emphasized that word), particularly in light of the post he was responding to.

It couldn't be that we actually have some non-Russia dirt unearthed, could it? Back during the campaign we were all hoping for cut Apprentice footage of him dropping the n-bomb. Maybe something along those lines?

If it's just phone conversations, Trump may have been using the N-word or other horrible slurs casually with all sorts of people.

Look at some of his business buddies, like Carl Palladino.

Asked what he wanted to see “go away in 2017,” Mr. Paladino answered, Michelle Obama, “I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.”

You think Trump didn't use some of that language himself? Of course, Trump's base won't care if that's it. They say that shit all day long. In fact, that's one of the main reasons they voted for him.

Goldmund

His look was somewhere between disillusion and fear of life. But that was the first time I ever saw him. Maybe that's just his general demeanor to seem worthy of either trust or compassion?

That's not what the person I was responding to initially was getting at, although he seems to be suggesting it was now. He clearly was referring to Nunes' ability to know what the communications were (which is why he emphasized that word), particularly in light of the post he was responding to.

Except he said his source was an unnamed former official and that all of this POSSIBLY COULD HAVE happened. It's garbage talk.

Maxim726X

It's pretty much the only spin they have considering the investigation was announced publicly. Make the investigation look partisan or biased by Obama.

I would stick with the 'government is out to get Trump by de-masking him in confidential conversations' angle.

The Obama angle looks like a dead end to me. Even members of his party are disavowing it.

KHarvey16

I don't agree at all. I'll let them speak for themselves but this doesn't align with that interpretation:

Normally you can't even confirm/deny the existence of FISA collected information, let alone discuss the content of what was collected.

Surfinn

Is it just me or does it seem like he's saying "this is OK because the information was collected legally", regardless of what he said?

So.. that this info was collected isn't important but the real story is that it was obtained legally.

KHarvey16

Not initially.

You're not making any sense. I can't find anyone anywhere suggesting Nunes didn't have clearance, and the post I initially responded to was you addressing someone who was clearly referring to Nunes' public disclosure of classified information.

jelly

Is it just me or are the administration actually looking to see what the IC have on them and their friends.

Everybody knows the NSA sucks up everything, the FBI go after criminals etc.

The chat coming out recently seems like they are probing to see what dirt the IC have on them. Why should they care they tapped or investigated people close to Trump if he is innocent. Want to know when to panic perhaps?

TS-08

You're not making any sense. I can't find anyone anywhere suggesting Nunes didn't have clearance, and the post I initially responded to was you addressing someone who was clearly referring to Nunes' public disclosure of classified information.

I'm making perfect sense. You can see who I've responded to in this thread. The poster I initially responded to clearly was questioning how Nunes' had the ability to know what was in the communication.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
CNN is speculating that Nunes may have broken the law with his presser today..

His meeting today with Trump can not happen. Whatever info he has must be told to Schriff and a independent investigation needs to happen right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom