• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's a pretty shitty spin.

That fact that the campaign was under surveillance at all means that they were in contact with people who were under surveillance, i.e. individuals on the FBIs shit list. Obama had nothing to do with it from square 1.

I don't see that as a great defense.

Indeed. The only bit that they tried to cast uncertainty on was the specific use of the word wire tapping (or wire tapp, lol).

He implicitly said Obama ordered it. "Ordered" wasn't in quotes. He even commented on how it was some horrendous thing for Obama to have ordered surveillance of someone campaigning to replace him.

He'll continue to try and spin this, and he'll continue to fail.

Because the most shocking part of the allegation was that it was a unilateral action against him by the President.

He said Obama did this, without caveats. He didn't say he found out Obama *might* have done this. I don't think anyone is going to lose sight of that, other than those who wished it would go away.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
This is a nothing story and will just be used by Trump's idiot followers to justify his wiretapping claims.

Pastry

Banned
That's what I was asking earlier, how is it legal for someone to take info from an investigation to the person being investigated before the whole thing is even finished!

I can't believe Nunes would risk his job and possibly jail-time just to justify Trump's wiretapping claims.

Comey said during his Monday hearing that he gave all the detailed information on the investigation to the House and Senate Intelligence committees, in secret, BECAUSE it's still all classified and not ready to be made public.

So, then two days later, Nunes decides to read it and finds out about a DIFFERENT investigation going on at Trump Tower and think's it's OK to spoil that publicly - but acknowledges that it looks all legal through FISA and the data collected was incidental? So...why expose it at all?

He doesn't mention anything to anyone else on the committee about this?

What is his game?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I can't believe Nunes would risk his job and possibly jail-time just to justify Trump's wiretapping claims.

Comey said during his Monday hearing that he gave all the detailed information on the investigation to the House and Senate Intelligence committees, in secret, BECAUSE it's still all classified and not ready to be made public.

So, then two days later, Nunes decides to read it and finds out about a DIFFERENT investigation going on at Trump Tower and think's it's OK to spoil that publicly - but acknowledges that it looks all legal through FISA and the data collected was incidental?

What is his game?

Forgetting the kicker he is gonna brief Trump on it.

SexyFish

Banned

So, then two days later, Nunes decides to read it and finds out about a DIFFERENT investigation going on at Trump Tower and think's it's OK to spoil that publicly - but acknowledges that it looks all legal through FISA and the data collected was incidental? So...why expose it at all?

What is his game?

What I want to believe: He's fucked and knows his name is in and he'll go down if the FBI gets to the bottom of everything.
pfV8n31.png

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nunes is playing his part here. Looking for ways to back up Trumps assertion even if it was done correctly.

Better question is why is he going public with this?

Biske

What are the chances that he's said something so profoundly racist that it would hopefully get the impeachment talks to ramp up?

I love how at this point that's the hope. That in connection with Russia collusion fuckery we are hoping maybe he was racist and that will do him in

What a joke our government is. Russia has succeeded so far beyond their wildest expectations

I know this is probably laughable but...

What are the chances Nunes went to the White House to inform the President that the FBI inadvertently collected evidence on him that proves he broke the law in some fashion?

This is a nothing story and will just be used by Trump's idiot followers to justify his wiretapping claims.

Agreed. Just one more log to add to the fire.

But I can't wait for his explanation. I'm betting he'll say he was he was just doing his regular landlord business, maybe following up on a plumbing related service call. "... Uh... yeah... That's what I was calling Viktor about! I was calling to make sure all those... uh... "leaks" had been taken care of! Yes!"

Brannon

You still get the record of the conversation where you're looking to meet up. Unless you go full spy-guy shit and do dead drops.

Well yeah, but it's more the implication. They're talking about doing lunch (but not about what its about) in a public place; what they're talking about can't be THAT serious. People do lunch all the time! And Trump should know better; he has the Mar-a-Lago; he could easily say he was entertaining important guests one-on-one while really doing other things.

I'm on to you Streve Brannon, if that's even your real name!

...let's do lunch. I hear Chicago has a... place *koff *koff

Nafai1123

Banned
I know this is probably laughable but...

What are the chances Nunes went to the White House to inform the President that the FBI inadvertently collected evidence on him that proves he broke the law in some fashion?

If he found evidence Trump did something illegal? Likely given he's a Trump stooge. It would also explain why Comey's been less than forthcoming with the House intel committee.

tbm24

House Intel committee has no credibility so long as Nunes is on it. The Senate committee needs to bring him in for a hearing.

def sim

So, Nunes says Obama did not wiretap Trump and all incidental collection was legal. I don't think this man is accomplishing what he set out to do in this press conference.

antonz

Nunes started off its totally innocent he was caught up through legal means. Now when asked if he is trying to offer cover to Trumps claims of wiretapping he suddenly switches to it could be illegal activity.

btrboyev

This is nothing more than Nunes himself trying to justify Trump that he was being looked on at Trump tower.

If you think nunes is not trying to defend Trump, then you are sorely mistaken. He's making this sound like Trump was right to make the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom