• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia's "Super Secret" Live stream - how the grinch stole AMD's christmas

Unsure, have never seen a comparison. Looks a ton better than the game's default DoF option (you can toggle between the two in-game).

Ah yes. Way better than the DOF in Arkham I can imagine... but hard to imagine it looks much better than the Cryengine Bokeh (unless it runs higher than half-res).

KKRT00

We have NVIDIA DoF, which is a custom solution that can also do Bokeh. You'll see it in a week or so in Batman Arkham Origins.

I know You have, but why implement it into CryEngine game? Its not like CryEngine needs it, they have very customizable solution, that is very correct and quite fast. They also blend it with motion blur.

---
youtube player is horrible for those particles.

Youtube is terrible for everything that is moving fast ;\

2San

Does 4k downsampling actually add to the IQ on a 1080p monitor?
Yeah, bullshots are essentially downsampled pics. SSAA is essentially downsampeling.

Here's an example. He used photoshop though to downsample, so it's not entirely representative.
Crysis 3 / 3180x1788 / 4xSMAA(High) / Downsampled (Bicupic Sharper)
cry15ruv0.png

Original 3180x1788 image.

Lucis

This is editor's day, mostly tech stuff people probably won't find interesting,
there will be a secret reveal though, it probably look a lot better in person than what you might see in the video from liveblog

ekim

This is editor's day, mostly tech stuff people probably won't find interesting,
there will be a secret reveal though, it probably look a lot better in person than what you might see in the video from liveblog

a secret reveal you say? :===) Today?

edit: Damn... that waterballoons looks crazy good.

Lucis

a secret reveal you say? :===) Today?

edit: Damn... that waterballoons looks crazy good.

It depends on the person I guess, some might find tech demos a lot more interesting, some might find the secret reveal later more interesting

ekim

Destiny confirmed for PC, right?

edit: authoring on GPU farm for prebaking. So that doesn't really confirm it for PC I guess

Top Bottom