• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Fox News Settled Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Bill O’Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
CNN says its at 16.

lol

C8mmt3PW0AUH9Km

17 counting wayfair.

Loxley

Advertisers yanking ads is what got Glenn Beck fired from Fox despite being one of their hottest commodities up to that point. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Ecotic

This would be a huge, huge firing if it happens. O'Reilly has been a titan for almost 2 decades now. He's Fox News' top talent. It would energize the left and demoralize the right at a bad time with Obamacare repeal having failed and Trump losing popularity fast. Who would replace him? Hannity or Tucker? There's no obvious big draw to fill his spot.

RPGCrazied

I'm sure he will get a TON of money if he leaves FN. Just like Roger Ailes did. Didn't he get like many millions when he was let go?

Yeah, his show is over. No way they lose that much ad revenue and keep it going unless they can find new sponsers on the quick, but it's going to be posion.

Yeah, his show is over. No way they lose that much ad revenue and keep it going unless they can find new sponsers on the quick, but it's going to be posion.
Finding sponsors on FOX wouldn't be that difficult-- There are always cash for gold and reverse mortgage scams desperate for attention-- But finding ones that pay enough to cover his salary and show production costs? Yeah, that's going to be harder. This is deep, deep into snowballing territory. No brand with any national recognition dare jump on board now.

Chumley

Banned

Fox isn't going to drop him. He's way too important to the network, they'll find new sponsors. I don't think any amount of pressure would ever force him out, actually. He could do anything and they'd just ride it out, everything blows over eventually especially in the age of Trump.

Fox isn't going to drop him. He's way too important to the network, they'll find new sponsors.

I didn't say they would drop him. But unless they can come up with a lot of new ad revenue quick, his show is done. He'll probably be kept on the network on other capacities but I don't see the O'Reily Factor surviving unless a few big sponsers step in now to migrate the damage.

norm9

Bill O'Reilly dragged his wife down stairs by the neck.

That wasn't a problem before and that's a shame.

I didn't say they would drop him. But unless they can come up with a lot of new ad revenue quick, his show is done. He'll probably be kept on the network on other capacities but I don't see the O'Reily Factor surviving unless a few big sponsers step in now to migrate the damage.

Some Russian Tourism companies will step up to the plate.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.

Yeh don't be too confident that a backwards company like FOX would let them go over this. O'Reilly's ratings are #1 among these pundit shows last I heard. And he still has ALOT of companies advertising on his show, here's a list and BOYCOTT where you can:

Jenny Craig
Hulu
Trivago
Terminix
ScotteVest
PC Matic
Progressive Insurance
Flonase
Rosland Capital
Nutrisystem
Capital One
Old Dominion Freight Line
True Touch
National Car Rental
FreshPet
Blue-Emu
SERVPRO
Schriners Hospitals for Children
CARFAX
Eliquis
Harvest Right
Blink Health
Proudly Propane
Mahindra Consumer Cellular
LegalZoom
WeatherTech
American Made Coalition
Honda
RockAuto
Microsoft
Cincinnati Insurance
E*TRADE
Biotene
Coventry
Direct Life Credit Company
Senate Conservatives Actions
MyPillow
Athene
Tums
Sandals
Casper
Sunsweet Growers
Angie's List
United Negro College Fund
Constant Contact
John Deere
Prevagen
POM Wonderful
PreserVision
Association for Accessible Medicines
Namzaric
Voya Financial
Qunol
Booking.com
Visiting Angels
Genucel F
leet CFP
Kaboom Shower Tub Tile Cleaner
Mattress Firm
RoundUp
Jobs In New York State Massage
Envy
Zulily
Navy
Federal Credit Union
Bass Pro Shops
Mellberg Financial
WagnerOEX
Viberzi
PreserVision
Harvoni
Wonder Hanger
ReelzChannel
Magic Mesh
Efferdent
Motel 6
Breathe Right
Vistaprint
CenturyLink
Phazyme Gas & Acid
Nexium
Subaru
Orkin
ADT
Dulcolax
Geico
TD Ameritrade
LendingTree
Zenni Optical
Liberty University
Invisalign
American Petroleum Institute
Trusted Choice
Marie Callender's
United Airlines
Astellas Pharma
Can-Am
Expedia
Coldwell Banker
Adopt-A-Pet
Xfinity
American Policy Coalition
Dish Network
Simply Fit Board Right At Home
VisionWorks
Reddi-wip
Good RX
Touchnote
Advil
Virginia529
Pacific Life
Stanley Steemer
Gravely Kerasol

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Fox isn't going to drop him. He's way too important to the network, they'll find new sponsors. I don't think any amount of pressure would ever force him out, actually. He could do anything and they'd just ride it out, everything blows over eventually especially in the age of Trump.
You could have said this exact same thing about Glenn Beck right before his show got dropped...

It's easy to forget, but Glenn Beck was once was once pretty synonymous with Fox and this was exactly the thing that did him in. When the money dries up, it doesn't really matter where you stand or how long you've been there. I think O'Reily will probably stay on in some capacity on the network, but I don't see how his show can survive losing all that ad revenue.

EDIT: And I'm saying this assuming more sponsers are soon to follow. Number has been steadily rising throughout the day

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
You could have said this exact same thing about Glenn Beck right before his show got dropped...

Firstly, Beck was never as big as O'Reilly. Secondly, More than 300 Fox advertisers told the company they did not want their commercials on Beck's show. 22 ad boycotts to 300+ for Beck. As much as I'd like to see O'Reilly gone, i doubt it happens without more consumer action. Need to boycott any company that advertises with O'Reilly.

Anyone have Hulu? Better cancel that.

Firstly, Beck was never as big as O'Reilly. Secondly, More than 300 Fox advertisers told the company they did not want their commercials on Beck's show. 22 ad boycotts to 300+ for Beck. As much as I'd like to see O'Reilly gone, i doubt it happens without more consumer action. Need to boycott any company that advertises with O'Reilly.

Anyone have Hulu? Better cancel that.

Advertises are just now starting to pull out. Let's see where we are in the next few days

Chumley

Banned

Glenn Beck was nowhere even nearly as big as O'Reilly. O'Reilly literally is the face of the network, he's the person all of those old conservative fucks like my parents turn on the TV to watch. Fox will burn down heaven and earth before they end his show.

What happens when someone pulls their ads, does the broadcaster have to scramble to find a replacement? Like, say there's a gap in the ad block tonight, what would they fill it with?

To be honest, I'm disgusted by the amount of advertisers on this network in the first place considering how destructive they are as a media.

I'm guessing they double up on ads they have like putting 2 of the same ad or at least ads for the same company in the same commercial break

They might also play more of their own ads for other Fox News programming. Just a guess, I'm not in marketing.

To be honest, I'm disgusted by the amount of advertisers on this network in the first place considering how destructive they are as a media.

It's about the $$$. Fox News gets millions of viewers, and these ads get a ton of eyes on them. I guess alleged sexual predator is a bit too far for companies.

No kidding. It is the most watched news network right? So it's all just money. And companies rarely have scruples until it's convenient or a problem to behave otherwise.

It's going to take hundreds of advertisers pulling away from O'Reilly for Fox to even think about dropping him. Comparing him to Glenn Beck is like comparing LeBron to Chris Paul, they just aren't on the same level. O'Reilly is the biggest thing in cable news and carried that network for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom