• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

O.J. Simpson's parole hearing will air on ESPN (Update: OJ granted parole)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
OJ is well known for being arrogant as fuck, so why exactly are people surprised by his attitude? This is who he is. He isn't even remotely sorry about the armed robbery.

Tbf the armed robbery thing is overblown. The murder thing on the other hand....

Vixdean

I don't really know what y'all expected, it's not like he was going to say "I'm sorry for stabbing and killing those folks with my bare hands, it was wrong". He was jailed for something totally unrelated, and honestly the charges and sentences were overly harsh given the actual conduct, which was basically all caught on tape.

HeySeuss

Yeah the system has had a hard-on for OJ since he (perhaps) murdered two people and got found innocent. He is done.

It's not the system having a hard on for him as much as it is he's just an unapologetic boob that can't get out of his own way.

I guarantee the parole board would set him free if he simply said I fucked up and I'm sorry. All they want to hear is personal accountability and remorse. It doesn't really even need to be sincere.

He's asked how the "Alternative to violence" course has helped him, rambles on about how it never really applied to him but other guys get something out of it.

Is this shit scripted?

Wag

OJ is well known for being arrogant as fuck, so why exactly are people surprised by his attitude? This is who he is. He isn't even remotely sorry about the armed robbery.

Most of us know that 2nd hand from movies, documentaries, etc. Seeing it in action is something completely different. You'd think 9yrs in prison would be enough to change anyone. Apparently not.

Surprising that someone so good at deluding himself about the murders he committed wouldn't be able to put on a better show with his freedom on the line after 9 years of incarceration.

Alavard

He couldn't even stop himself from violating the terms of his bail - what chance does he have of not violating parole?

This seems stupid to me. Either a person's actions in prison justify parole and show some form of rehabilitation or they don't. What's a 15 minute speech about how sorry he is supposed to convey to anyone when most of them will obviously lie or say what they think needs to be heard? What a waste of time.

This is the thing that got muddled in history: Ronald Goldman wasn't a friend, he was a waiter at the restaurant that Nicole was eating that night and was returning an item she had forgotten. He simply arrived at the absolute worst time.

Not that it matters, but he and Nicole were friends. I believe it's why he was cool with returning the glasses, he knew her and her family and where she lived.

Top Bottom