• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
everyone called that

congrats on being savvy in the ISEC

"He's too skiny"

Don't try to get in on it now. I was right and everyone else was wrong.
tumblr_n3fb79usGR1ql0k28o1_500.gif

Bow down, sweaty nerd

tm24

Man, Trauma I vs Hechicero is gonna be such a dope match. I hope the fancam for that is good.

Data, have you see anything from Los Traumas?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Trauma I vs Hechicero is gonna be such a dope match. I hope the fancam for that is good.

Data, have you see anything from Los Traumas?

I watched their match with Sombra and Rush and the matches with Virus

I like their masks

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My work life has hit that point of forgetting that I haven't eaten in over 12 hours and thinking liquid counts as good(it does not)

apparently was being kinda cocky about how over she was and her unique situation (iirc she didn't have to split merch money with the company or something) and rubbed some people the wrong way

I didn't really see anything about her attitude (I assume if WWE had a problem with that, she wouldn't have been brought back as much as she was). The articles I saw all said that she had a load of heat purely because of the situation.

'Just been informed that John Lister has worked out that Fear & Loathing VIII is the highest grossing card in the UK since Daddy fought Haystacks at Wembley in 1981. We also have a legitimate claim to being the biggest paying audience a UK promotion has drawn since that date as well."

ICW getting paid. Not a huge fan of the promotion, but it's great to see a group doing so well in British wrestling - Dallas needs to stop stepping on people's toes, however. He definitely rubs some folk the wrong way and there's a fair bit of promotion loyalty in British wrestling. I know a good few people who stayed away from ICW's London show the other week simply because it was on the doorstep of PROGRESS.

'Just been informed that John Lister has worked out that Fear & Loathing VIII is the highest grossing card in the UK since Daddy fought Haystacks at Wembley in 1981. We also have a legitimate claim to being the biggest paying audience a UK promotion has drawn since that date as well."

ICW getting paid. Not a huge fan of the promotion, but it's great to see a group doing so well in British wrestling - Dallas needs to stop stepping on people's toes, however. He definitely rubs some folk the wrong way and there's a fair bit of promotion loyalty in British wrestling. I know a good few people who stayed away from ICW's London show the other week simply because it was on the doorstep of PROGRESS.

Yeah, I mean I like ICW and all, but running Camden the same night as a PROGRESS show is a bit cunty if you're then going to complain about NXT flyering your show. I really hope BritWres isn't heading for some petty promotion war bullshit.

Regardless, 5000 tickets for an indy show is nothing to sniff at.

I really hope BritWres isn't heading for some petty promotion war bullshit.

I wouldn't be surprised, tbh - could definitely see other promotions, seeing the success Dallas has had, begin to tour about more. You've already got PROGRESS heading to Manchester, RevPro & Southside branching out further afield, plus ICW touring up and down between London & Glasgow. It's likely inevitable that there'll be some conflicts caused by the increased competition

185lbs. Also, that picture's a few years old. Here's a more recent one;

Srdhl9h.jpg

ZSJ's got the classic British light heavyweight look, but America never did recognise the light heavyweights. Japan did, Mexico did, but they were just too small for the American audiences, or at least that's what promoters believed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Here's a picture of AJ Lee high-fiving a dog.

Which I'm posting for no apparent reason...
tumblr_nwajjuyF041t6wkoao2_1280.jpg

...No reason at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's actually a result of the neck brace and doctor's hands pulling on the sides of his face and making it look like he's smiling.

First they mute the chants, now the doctors are using their hands to make Bryan laugh. These conspiracy theories continue to astound. Blood packs, herbal remedies, and more.

Yeah, I mean I like ICW and all, but running Camden the same night as a PROGRESS show is a bit cunty if you're then going to complain about NXT flyering your show. I really hope BritWres isn't heading for some petty promotion war bullshit.

Regardless, 5000 tickets for an indy show is nothing to sniff at.

Promotion war worked for the ROH/CZW war, but only so much.

The wrestling promotion war economy.

Zach

I think Macho Man just poured "acid" all over Nick Patrick in a backstage attack on this Nitro before Bash at the Beach '97. I wonder if there's any follow-up because I don't remember this happening at all...

Fox318

Could you do a cruzerweight division that didn't feel subservient to the main men's title?

You can have two titles that are over (NJPW/ROH)
You can have a men's and women's title belts that are over (NXT).

But even in WCW and WWE its tough to have a belt that's limited to a weight class for a fake sport.

Could you do a cruzerweight division that didn't feel subservient to the main men's title?

You can have two titles that are over (NJPW/ROH)
You can have a men's and women's title belts that are over (NXT).

But even in WCW and WWE its tough to have a belt that's limited to a weight class for a fake sport.

It's not about weight limits; it's about no limits.
latest

That's about as close as a "cruiserweight" title meaning as much as the world (heavyweight) title as there has been.

Fox318

It's not about weight limits; it's about no limits.
latest

That's about as close as a "cruiserweight" title meaning as much as the world (heavyweight) title as there has been.

then its just a second top title.

I mean would a Zach Sabre vs say a Ryback, Big Cass, or Corbin not look fake as shit?

idk

Cagey

Banned
What's wrong with a cruiserweight or light heavyweight division being inferior to the heavyweight division? Weight and size matters for fights.

It also adds further to the underdog storyline when you can have someone "break the mold" and jump divisions by proving they can compete with the big boys.

I like divisions
wtzgU.gif

I think there's a place for a cruiserweight division. Especially now: you'd rather neville and kalisto spend their careers in slightly less than mid-card hell?

not sure if they need to do like superheavyweight or anything.

klonere

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;181892193 said:
I think there's a place for a cruiserweight division. Especially now: you'd rather neville and kalisto spend their careers in slightly less than mid-card hell?

A cruiserweight division now could help WWE hoard all the indie flippy dudes and actually have them do something. Or not, titles don't really mean anything the way things are going now.

I wholly support this thread title.

Seconded.

jred2k

¡HarlequinPanic!;181892193 said:

A cruiserweight division in WWE would be treated as a slightly less than midcard hell. A belt specifically for small guys would be treated as nothing but a joke.

in kideo game news, Dragon Quest Heroes is a fun take on the Dynasty Warriors formula. It plays differently in that the maps are much smaller and you can manage MP. I recommend it but if you don't like DW gameplay, you won't care too much for this game.

Plan to start up Disgaea 5 or maybe Wasteland 2 this weekend.

Top Bottom