• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Sabucin

I really, really love NXT. They are doing exactly the opposite from the "main roster": which is doing things GOOD.

The only problem is when someone is "ready" to go to the main roster (specially if they are champions) they have to lose to go there.

The two most damaged about this were Kevin Owens and Sasha Banks, both of them were on fire on NXT (specially Owens who was unstoppable until he lost his title) but after lose against Bàlor he lost his momentum. Same as Sasha Banks, she had to lose the title to "get promoted".

They should do what they did with Paige "you have now a WWE title so you can't still be here on NXT, please give us your title". That was the perfect scenario for her, she didn't lose momentum (at least at that time).

What happens if they want to call Bálor, The Vaudevillians or Bayley to the main roster? They are forced to lose against someone and people who are not so into NXT will say "Oh look, the guy/guys/girl from NXT who lost the title the other night, meh".

Alucard

Banned
Haven't watched New Japan in months. Just started watching KUSHIDA vs. Kenny Omega from Destruction in Okayama. Assuming it'll be a lot of fun.

Any other must-see matches? Was Makabe vs. Ibushi worth checking out?

I really, really love NXT. They are doing exactly the opposite from the "main roster": which is doing things GOOD.

The only problem is when someone is "ready" to go to the main roster (specially if they are champions) they have to lose to go there.

The two most damaged about this were Kevin Owens and Sasha Banks, both of them were on fire on NXT (specially Owens who was unstoppable until he lost his title) but after lose against Bàlor he lost his momentum. Same as Sasha Banks, she had to lose the title to "get promoted".

They should do what they did with Paige "you have now a WWE title so you can't still be here on NXT, please give us your title". That was the perfect scenario for her, she didn't lose momentum (at least at that time).

What happens if they want to call Bálor, The Vaudevillians or Bayley to the main roster? They are forced to lose against someone and people who are not so into NXT will say "Oh look, the guy/guys/girl from NXT who lost the title the other night, meh".
Ya gotta put over the next NXT stars on your way out, just how it goes. I don't think people who aren't into NXT will pay that much attention to it. The Paige thing was different because she held both the NXT and WWE Women's titles.

The hot heels have to put over the next stars/faces. That's the way it always worked. Would Baylee be what she is now without the 2 epic wins over Sasha?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
haha Table for 3 is great.

Daniel Bryan ripping Ryback fucking constantly is hilarious, but its Ryback's fault for completely walking into it over and over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Corbin was actually tolerable in the DRTTC, especially in the gable/jj match.

EDIT: I don't know why i replied to you, u weren't really shitting on him or anything.

I can only assume Corbin is some kind of running joke because the few times I've watched NXT the only notable thing about him is that he's like Randy Johnson height but somehow manages to not actually look like a giant.

bjork

Fuck, Fandango messed up a kick (mistiming) against Adam Rose and Adam got stretchered out. Hope it's not bad

Back in my day, you finished the match. What is this Sin Cara shit? What would Vader say?

Don't mind me... woke up feeling pretty hot and yucky so I'm taking a hooky night from work.

Angry Grimace

I've never seen Total Divas but I was going to the the 9.99 Network and they are showing this and its hilarious. Like Wade Barrett just came on and told Alicia Fox why he's breaking up with her and this whole thing is like 10 times worse than any promo Roman has ever delivered. It's like this whole kayfabe world inside a different kayfabe world.

...and oh god they're having an intervention on jim the anvil, this shit is horrible.

DM is the Terry Funk of wrestling GAF

Terry Funk is in it for the Satchel AssBiz.

Hey Data and Boots, I want to talk NOAH Global League. Please tell me it's not just going to be Marufuji running his bracket to beat Suzuki in the finals so he can win the belt off Suzuki after the tournament. Nobody would believe that Marufuji can beat Suzuki twice in a row, and I don't know if anyone wants Marufuji to beat Suzuki.

I could see Tanaka or Hero as having an outside chance to win the block, but yeah, it's probably going to be Marufuji unfortunately - he's their only "star" (although I don't know that he's much of a draw these days) and booking-wise they don't seem big on taking too many chances. With NOAH it's best to expect the worst when in doubt, I find.

Also, is Kitamiya or Nakajima the new hotness for NOAH? I'm assuming that Nakajima is since he's actually positioned as a heavyweight, while Kitamiya is a junior.

I can't argue with the teams in NJPW's junior tag tournament, but it would have been great to see NOAH juniors represented there.

I could see Tanaka or Hero as having an outside chance to win the block, but yeah, it's probably going to be Marufuji unfortunately - he's their only "star" (although I don't know that he's much of a draw these days) and booking-wise they don't seem big on taking too many chances. With NOAH it's best to expect the worst when in doubt, I find.

You don't think they put give Kojima a small push in the tournament so we don't see Sugiura lose again to Suzuki?

They could have Kojima win the thing, I guess - they always like to play up that he's only missing the GHC title from his triple crown and Suzuki vs Kojima should be a good draw.

Kitamiya's getting some shine recently because I think they want him to sign a contract, he was trained by Kensuke and Nakajima and is just following Nakajima's lead as a freelancer at the moment - I could see him making the step-up to heavyweight. Hitoshi Kumano's not quite there yet, but I think NOAH have a lot of faith in him being a future star of the jr. division.

Nakajima's problem has always been his distinct lack of personality.

bjork

I have vacation in a week, but I can't sleep now. It's getting really bad. I think I'll dive back into sleeping pills for the next week and then try to even out when I'm off. This has been going on for about 8 years now. It's really frustrating. If you can go to sleep normally, appreciate that.

pHMb8TR.gif

Kaiterra

Banned
Mario Maker Wrasslegaf, what were your level codes again?

My World 1-1: 7E12-0000-00AD-8CA9
My World 1-2: B514-0000-00AD-9153
My World 1-3: 591C-0000-00AE-E5A7

Top Bottom