• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official CNN Democratic Presidential Debate Thread of CHANGE you can XEROX

Status
Not open for further replies.
mckmas8808 said:
Yeah pretty much. And it's better for black America.
I'm sorry, are you being sarcastic? sure its pretty good for us to say that BET is our channel, but it hurts us just as much. furthermore, the only programming that isn't totally generic on that piece of shit channel is 106 and park. :/

PhoenixDark said:
2005? How so other than AJ & Free? All I remember is southern rap bullshit, stereotypes, degradation of women, etc. No different than this year
This is my point, but they had pretty good programming too at the time. Now its more mtv then ever before.

I remember coming home from school and flicking to rap city, then anticipate the top ten with free and aj, then after that it was the top five countdown with random things like best dress or sexy video, then after that its usually a quality movie. Then some syndicated shows. It was pretty good. Now they're trying way to hard to be a mtv channel. Its pretty sad. :(

mckmas8808 said:
See my point? This State of the Black Union is really not that bad, but for some reason we get this response.
Reason...black guys with white women and other stupid racial jokes.

what does that have to do with politics?

Obama may even find the white woman joke offensive since his mother is white. I'm glad he didn't go.

GhaleonEB

Didn't see this in the past few pages. Streams re-re-crossed.

022308DailyUpdateGraph1.gif

No seperate report yesterday, so this has two days added.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/104518/Gallup-Daily-Tracking-Election-2008.aspx

harSon

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
Reason...black guys with white women and other stupid racial jokes.

what does that have to do with politics?

Obama may even find the white woman joke offensive since his mother is white. I'm glad he didn't go.

My mom is white and I'm not offended.

Holy shit, I finally saw the video. Gotta love the empty suit behind her shaking his head. :lol

And shame on you CNN, they're letting her get away with this by covering "Both sides" without fact-checking Hillary's "Facts".

Deus Ex Machina said:

I'm watching right now. Why am I not surprised: old dude yelling at the top of his lungs making some of the dumbest points on race I've heard in some time.

He's attacking Bill now

Edit: "have you ever been with yo wife and Chelsea and been in New York and had the cab drive past you cuz you a black president? Have Chelsea eva' been stopped by the police because her daddy's the black president?"

The crowd is high fiving :lol

"Malt liquor is made my white companies and only sold in black communities"

Tamanon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
I'm watching right now. Why am I not surprised: old dude yelling at the top of his lungs making some of the dumbest points on race I've heard in some time.

He's attacking Bill now

I dunno, Dick Gregory actually made a pretty good point of the filth still being there and being a cause for some problems, just in a new suit and dress.

Although his "YOU AINT CHECKED WHATS IN MALT LIQUOR" bit is a tad bit overdone:p

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
harSon said:
How much will her health care plan cost in total a year?
How much will health care cost per family?
How much is the penalty for for not getting a health care plan?
How large of taxes are going to be needed to fund this health care plan?

Etc..

In that case, you must think Obama is just as vague. Read both plans. They're very similar in level of detail, as well as content.

sangreal

PhoenixDark said:

He's attacking Bill now

Edit: "have you ever been with yo wife and Chelsea and been in New York and had the cab drive past you cuz you a black president? Have Chelsea eva' been stopped by the police because her daddy's the black president?"

Is he blaming Manganese for homicide rates?

Tamanon said:
I dunno, Dick Gregory actually made a pretty good point of the filth still being there and being a cause for some problems, just in a new suit and dress.

Although his "YOU AINT CHECKED WHATS IN MALT LIQUOR" bit is a tad bit overdone:p
I just feel they are better ways to address these issues. Racial jokes are not one of them.

Tamanon

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
I just feel they are better ways to address these issues. Racial jokes are not one of them.

Oh I completely agree. This is basically like any political convention where you get presentations, off-color jokes about the opposition and the like.

And when did Bill Cosby change his name to Na'Im Akbar?

harSon

Banned
Mandark said:
In that case, you must think Obama is just as vague. Read both plans. They're very similar in level of detail, as well as content.

I can personally answer 2-3 of those questions for Obama's health care plan.

Tamanon

Banned
"Our vote does not abdicate our responsibility for ourselves"

Good stuff there.

:lol Michael Steele "I want you all to go out and vote Republican this fall"

typhonsentra said:
This Akbar guy sounds like a bad Cosby impersonator.

He was better than the other guy (Gibson). Obviously he's a bright guy but my problem with these forums always comes down to the contradicting nature that's always prevalent: on one hand there are calls for self betterment, yet on the other hand there's still the "blame it on the white man" red meat. Which is it? The constant self-victimization is beyond old on 2007

Edit: Great example - "the victims of Jena." Of course this isn't the guy who got the shit beat out of him, but those who committed the crime and have continued to get into trouble since then.

Atrus

Gold Member
What does this phrase mean to Americans?

'Electing a black police officer only to realize he bleeds blue?'

I may be reading this wrong, but it seems to me that it was an insult to police officers. It says that unless an officer is bias (in this case to the black community) he is not a member of the black community or the community at large.

Tamanon

Banned
Atrus said:

I may be reading this wrong, but it seems to me that it was an insult to police officers. It says that unless an officer is bias (in this case to the black community) he is not a member of the black community or the community at large.

I think it was implying that electing a black police officer means you're still just putting into enforcing authority that is already there, not changing that authority.

I don't think Hillary *IS* going to speak.

Deku said:
It's a desperate political move. Granted the charge looks to be true, but she didn't mind when she was perpetrating it.

Just rings a bit hollow to me.

She's going to get completely rolled on Tuesday.

Atrus

Gold Member
Tamanon said:
I think it was implying that electing a black police officer means you're still just putting into enforcing authority that is already there, not changing that authority.

I don't think Hillary *IS* going to speak.

That makes sense, and thanks for the update. No need to continue to watch this thing then.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
PhoenixDark said:

He's attacking Bill now

The points he was making about Bill Clinton and Obama were 100% right! But yeah that Malt liquor comment........yeah I'm going to act like I didn't see that.

mckmas8808

HILLARY CLINTON IS ON THE BLACK DEBATE THING ON C-SPAN YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj1108

Watch Hillary on CSPAN without the bullshit CSPAN player:

Put this into Windows Media Player:
mms://rx-wes-sea84.rbn.com/farm/pull/tx-rbn-sea54:1259/wmtencoder/cspan/cspan/wmlive/cspan1v.asf

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Deku said:
We can hope. I've gone from being pro-Obama to being anti-Hillary. That's how badly her campaign has performed.
I think for many of us (and maybe what you mean), we've gone from simply being pro-Obama to being pro-Obama and anti-Clinton.

Party elders who have been on the neutral fence the whole time need to save the party and put and end to this. She is HURTING the party. She KNOWS she is hurting the party. And she doesn't care.

mckmas8808

Atrus said:

It means that there's some messed up things that happens in the police department in inner cities that don't happen in richer or whiter areas.

But when a black police chief gets the spot the black community expects him to turn it around and bring fairness to the neighborhood and not let the unfairness of blacks to continue to happen only to be let down and see the black police chief is just as bad as the white police chief.

Hence him bleeding blue (aka caring more about his friends and employees in the police force and not the people).

Sharp

Door2Dawn said:
Shes actually at the black debate? Damn thats gotta be awkward...
Yeah, she pretty much can't say anything bad about Obama in this venue, and she really isn't exciting or infuriating people because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom