• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official CNN Democratic Presidential Debate Thread of CHANGE you can XEROX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
"The state of the union is not strong until the state of the black union is strong"

What?

She actually was kinda pissed that there was no State of the Hispanic Union for that line also:p

Damn dude, these crowd shots are brutal.:lol

mj1108

Black and hispanics have twice the lead poisoning as white kids?

What?

Also, I saw there's quite a few empty seats. She needed Obama there to fill the seats.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
icarus-daedelus said:
What'd he say about them?

He said that he wanted to apologize to Bill Clinton because us blacks started labeling him the first black president. And he was saying that it was something we shouldn't have done and that we tricked Bill into thinking he really was black.

And that us blacks should be ashamed of ourselves for saying that Obama wasn't black enough. And that even the KKK wouldn't have said Obama wasn't black enough, but it was us blacks that said that and we should be ashamed.

But then he told a story about him and his 8 year old son. The story was that his son built a house out of cards and his friends or siblings were joking on him. And he told him not to worry about it, but he should be worried if he started giving that house of cards an address.

So basically that same story applied to Bill Clinton in the sense that while it was cool that Bill built the house (i.e. took the name of the first black president), it's bad that he started to give that house an address (i.e. him really thinking he was a real black president).

And then the people exploding in applause.

ZeroTolerance

PhoenixDark said:
The stares she's getting omg :lol
adcgzq.jpg

Door2Dawn

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
He said that he wanted to apologize to Bill Clinton because us blacks started labeling him the first black president. And he was saying that it was something we shouldn't have done and that we tricked Bill into thinking he really was black.

And that us blacks should be ashamed of ourselves for saying that Obama wasn't black enough. And that even the KKK wouldn't have said Obama wasn't black enough, but it was us blacks that said that and we should be ashamed.

But then he told a story about him and his 8 year old son. The story was that his son built a house out of cards and his friends or siblings were joking on him. And he told him not to worry about it, but he should be worried if he started giving that house of cards an address.

So basically that same story applied to Bill Clinton in the sense that while it was cool that Bill built the house (i.e. took the name of the first black president), it's bad that he started to give that house an address (i.e. him really thinking he was a real black president).

And then the people exploding in applause.
Wow thats pretty cleaver!

mj1108

BenjaminBirdie said:
Where are y'all watching this coverage?

CSPAN.

Watch it online by going to CSPAN's site or put this into WindowS Media Player:
mms://rx-wes-sea84.rbn.com/farm/pull/tx-rbn-sea54:1259/wmtencoder/cspan/cspan/wmlive/cspan1v.asf

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
mj1108 said:
Black and hispanics have twice the lead poisoning as white kids?

What?

Also, I saw there's quite a few empty seats. She needed Obama there to fill the seats.

That could be true.

Tamanon

Banned
Deku said:
Wait Clinton is there but not Obama? I thought they both declined.

Nope, Obama, Huckabee and McCain all declined. Obama offered to have Michelle speak there but Tavis said no.

"We'll have a nominee by June"

Sharp

Haha, totally dodged the question about Bill Clinton.

Oh wait, no, she's answering it now. "Bill is not me, our task is to go forward with the agenda that all of us agree upon."

harSon

Banned
Hillary sure is desperate to tap into the black vote. I wouldn't be surprised if she adopted a baby from Zimbabwe at this point.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
did she just throw voters under the bus... 'you vote and go home' while superdelegates know more than you.

Sharp

She is avoiding saying "when I'm president" really fervently. Or saying anything that could possibly be construed as negative about Obama. Maybe that will come with this health care question.

mj1108

StoOgE said:
did she just throw voters under the bus... 'you vote and go home' while superdelegates know more than you.

It sure sounded like it.

EDIT: On health care she isn't telling why her's is superior....DODGING AGAIN.

Sharp said:
She is avoiding saying "when I'm president" really fervently. Or saying anything that could possibly be construed as negative about Obama. Maybe that will come with this health care question.

Huh? She's said it more than a few times. She's just being very cautious

Tamanon

Banned
Wait a second, if you take away the tax breaks from the pharmaceutical and health care companies to pay for things, won't you have every cost goes up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom