• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official CNN Democratic Presidential Debate Thread of CHANGE you can XEROX

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Sharp said:
She keeps catching herself and saying "let's rally behind the democratic nominee."

that could also be her way of saying people wiill get behind me no matter what I do to win b/c mccain is t3h evil.

Sharp said:
She keeps catching herself and saying "let's rally behind the democratic nominee."

lol she's said both at least 5 times. Every candidate says "when I am president.." Kucinich said it, Paul, Rudy, etc. Why it's only a problem when Hillary says it is beyond me

Tamanon said:
zzzzzzzzzzz

Too much SUBSTANCE for you?!

Dolphin

Banned
She keeps avoiding the issue about forcing everyone to purchase healthcare. Hey, lets have universal internet too, everyone has to purchase an internet plan. Yay!

Tamanon

Banned
LOL let's see how she answers "How are black folk important to you?"

Phoenix: There was not much substance there at all, just vague theories about special interests and evil Republicans thrown out there:p

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
icarus-daedelus said:
Somebody needs to tell her that UHC = single-payer system, srsly

yupp. comparing her system to social security is misleading. single payor is like ss and medicare.

both of these systems are more like dubyas ss proposal that failed.

Overall a good speech and Q&A session for her. Nothing amazing, just efficiency. She seems intent of staying in the race well past March 4th no matter what. Anything can happen from now to August imo

Sharp

PhoenixDark said:
lol she's said both at least 5 times. Every candidate says "when I am president.." Kucinich said it, Paul, Rudy, etc. Why it's only a problem when Hillary says it is beyond me

Too much SUBSTANCE for you?!
I don't think it's a problem! I'm not quite as rabidly anti-Clinton as a lot of GAFers. It was just funny the way she seemed to be avoiding it.

Zeed

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Overall a good speech and Q&A session for her. Nothing amazing, just efficiency. She seems intent of staying in the race well past March 4th no matter what. Anything can happen from now to August imo
If she loses both Texas and Ohio she's done. Finished. If she won't quit at that point, they will make her quit.

If she hangs on to one of those...well maybe. But by then it'll just be a totally futile struggle.

Sharp

Oh god, I accidentally left C-Span on too long and now I'm accidentally watching Bush defend wiretapping I'm soooo glad he's on his way out.

Amir0x

Banned
no i mean i know Zeed didn't post that but CoolTrick was attacking him here but Zeed didn't say anything about CoolTrick in the last few pages of this thread so...

Zeed said:
If she loses both Texas and Ohio she's done. Finished. If she won't quit at that point, they will make her quit.

If she hangs on to one of those...well maybe. But by then it'll just be a totally futile struggle.

If she loses just one of them between Texas or Ohio she is done.

sangreal said:
But I'm not sure where you are coming from, because a few pages back you supported insuring people with pre-existing conditions. That is what opens the door for people to game Obama's system by buying insurance only when they need it.

That's because my own selfish reasons as a cancer survivor.

And I never, ever thought Mandark and I would be arguing a point from the same side. :D

Chrono

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
Reason...black guys with white women and other stupid racial jokes.

what does that have to do with politics?

Obama may even find the white woman joke offensive since his mother is white. I'm glad he didn't go.

Could you post the jokes? I'm curious now. :p

harSon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Like her completely fucking over the Democrat's chance at winning the General Election?

harSon said:
Like her completely fucking over the Democrat's chance at winning the General Election?
So if Obama loses the general election, it will be her fault?

I can see that prolonging the democratic fight might hurt Obama (might!), but to call that Hillary's fault...

Edit: or did you mean Hillary getting the nom = republican president?

harSon

Banned
Souldriver said:
So if Obama loses the general election, it will be her fault?

I can see that prolonging the democratic fight might hurt Obama (might!), but to call that Hillary's fault...

Edit: or did you mean Hillary getting the nom = republican president?

I mean if she loses Texas or Ohio on March 4th and decides to drag this to the convention... leaving Obama 8 or so weeks to campaign for the General Election.

icarus-daedelus said:
Well, prolonging the dem. fight would be her fault, at least if she drags things on past March 4th after one or more losses (some big ifs there, I realize).
Dunno. If the coming state elections keep the total delegate score very close between the two, you can't really blame the woman for staying in the race. This nomination fight is a very very close call.

(If she loses the next states due to Obama's momentum though, then yes, she should accept her defeat.)

Chrono

Banned
That clip doesn't work for me, I've tried both FF and IE. I've been refreshing and restarting the browsers for a few minutes now... :'(

Door2Dawn

Banned
mj1108 said:
Obama's rally in Austin:

rtsp://a238.l3760650520.c37606.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/238/37606/v0001/reflector:50520

Throw that into Windows Media Player. The live stream without the CNN player bullshit.
How does this work?I really want to watch this speech.

Cheebs

Has this been posted? It's dead on.

brookins.jpg

sangreal

typhonsentra said:
Anyone watching SNL now? :lol

Err, maybe not so funny. It rips off the Mad TV skit pretty hard, and the guy playing Obama is awful.

I thought it was terrible, although I enjoyed seeing them make fun of Hillary's insignificant losses

sangreal said:
I thought it was terrible, although I enjoyed seeing them make fun of Hillary's insignificant losses

It was terrible. But, it was spot on with the media fawning all over him. The woman having an orgasm after he talked probably isn't too far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom