• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jan 2010 NBA Season Thread of you can't take the Bullets out of Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

SUPREME1

Banned
jobber said:
245ww95.jpg

What age was he there? Like 10?

Did his mom lactate HGH?

giri

Yeah i've got international league pass broadband.

Its ok, alot better than last years version. Has a few minor issues every now and then (for some reason they never put up the boston/orland game from yesterday, and they put the suns/mavs game up, but it didn't have the final 5 minutes of the game, and have now taken it down? only the second time i've seen that done this year.) but for the most part watching the games live, or later (they stay up for you to watch for 2 days) it's fine.

The ASG list always annoys me. In a perfect world...

EAST:
Starters
G Joe Johnson
G Dwyane Wade
F Lebron James
F Chris Bosh
C Dwight Howard
Reserves
Rajon Rondo
Derrick Rose
Gerald Wallace
Stephen Jackson
Paul Pierce
Josh Smith
David Lee

WEST:
Starters
G Kobe Bryant
G Steve Nash
F Dirk Nowitzki
F Kevin Durant
C Tim Duncan
Reserves
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Zach Randolph
Chauncey Billups-Pau Gasol-Carlos Boozer (fuck you, I don't want to decide)

They should just let a panel of one (me) decide this shit. No one would argue, and everyone would get in that deserved it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Four team executives have told me they're anticipating a hard cap on payrolls, which will clamp down on player salaries and prevent big franchises like the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics from outspending teams from smaller markets.

A hard cap would transform the way teams are assembled. Look at the Lakers, whose payroll of $91.4 million has vaulted them a league-leading $33.7 million above the cap. Try this perspective: If the soft-cap system of today was instantly replaced by a hard cap, the Lakers would no longer be able to afford the salaries of Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, who are their second- and third-most-expensive players with current salaries of $16.5 million and $12.5 million, respectively. And even their disposal wouldn't be enough: The Lakers would need to slash another $4.8 million to climb under the hard cap. (Goodbye, Luke Walton.)

If, in fact, a hard cap is installed after next season, then it will likely be preceded by a transitional system over a short number of years that will enable contenders like the Lakers to keep the likes of Gasol and Bynum without destroying their roster. After all, it would be self-defeating for the NBA to instantly deconstruct the most popular -- and expensive -- payrolls. Maybe some kind of amnesty will enable a few salaries to be grandfathered in until those preexisting contracts expire.
Although I chuckled at this:
James and Wade will get everything they want this summer, because each is clearly an elite player capable of leading a team to the championship.
James has been clearly capable of leading a team to what again???

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...countdown.trade.deadline/index.html?eref=sihp

The Crimson Blur said:
The ASG list always annoys me. In a perfect world...

EAST:
Starters
G Joe Johnson
G Dwyane Wade
F Lebron James
F Chris Bosh
C Dwight Howard
Reserves
Rajon Rondo
Derrick Rose
Gerald Wallace
Stephen Jackson
Paul Pierce
Josh Smith
David Lee

WEST:
Starters
G Kobe Bryant
G Steve Nash
F Dirk Nowitzki
F Kevin Durant
C Tim Duncan
Reserves
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Zach Randolph
Chauncey Billups-Pau Gasol-Carlos Boozer (fuck you, I don't want to decide)

They should just let a panel of one (me) decide this shit. No one would argue, and everyone would get in that deserved it.

But what fun are awards if they are given fairly?

Puddles

Banned
On the subject of James, has there ever been a coach in the HISTORY of the NBA who fellates his star as much as Mike Brown?

Every time I read a quote from Mike Brown, it makes me think that his lips don't leave Lebron's cock EVER once the game is over.

Will not be announced till All-Star, but Lakers to spend Week 1 of next training camp home -- then Week 2 in Barcelona/London.

History tells us this hurts the team a ton

reilo said:
Although I chuckled at this:

James has been clearly capable of leading a team to what again???

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...countdown.trade.deadline/index.html?eref=sihp

It says each clearly is a player capable of leading a team to a championship, not that they have, and considering he's working on his second MVP and has already led a team starting Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlovic and Larry Hughes to the Finals and he only just turned 25 last month, I'd say yeah, he's totally capable of winning it all once the stars even halfway align.

Zep

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
It says each clearly is a player capable of leading a team to a championship, not that they have, and considering he's working on his second MVP and has already led a team starting Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlovic and Larry Hughes to the Finals and he only just turned 25 last month, I'd say yeah, he's totally capable of winning it all once the stars even halfway align.

yea...im real impressed. He got swept in the Finals.

This feels good...Lakers-age is still at work.

chaoticprout said:
Will not be announced till All-Star, but Lakers to spend Week 1 of next training camp home -- then Week 2 in Barcelona/London.

History tells us this hurts the team a ton

You talking about just the lakers or league in general? The 08 Celtics spent a TON of time in Europe that offseason (whole ubuntu thing) that said they had a whole new roster so that introductory phase was even more important to them than most teams.

LiveFromKyoto said:

To be fair, 2006-2007 had one of the shittiest Eastern Conferences ever.

Holy moley at the Lebrons back to back assists to bigZ and Moon. Reigning League Pass champs :lol

EDIT: Carmelo Vs. Durant tonight YES! I know what I'm watching unless a game is close in the final minute or 2

Edit 2: WTF fisher's crossover on Iverson, thats the fastest I've seen D Fish move since 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom