• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Logged on to Madden, still at Super Bowl week. Commish conspiracy to kill the league?
Emoticon_rage.gif

Usually the offseason stuff gets some dudes to stick around.

I'll go do it after my MLB game

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Notable players retiring:
Alex Small Hands Smith
Thomas Glass Body Davis
Haloti Ngati, the World Devourer
Adrian Switch Peterson
Everyone on the Tennessee Titans (5 players including Jason Dallas Witten and Brian Livewire Orakpo)
Drew Perdue Brees
Tamba Hali
Matt Forte
Brandon Cutlered Marshall
Jordy White Hope Nelson
Pacman
The NYJets Jets Jets corners, Revis and Cromartie
Chris Didn't he used to be good Johnson
Laron All The HGH Landry
Arian Vegan Foster
Justin Tuck
AJ Motherfucking HAAAAAWK
Roman Dear God yoneckwhaaaaa! Harper
Brandon Kave's last Hope Weeden
Brandon Someone's getting concussed Meriweather
Drew He was still here Stanton

Colts
LOLB Erik Walden

Rams
RG Marshal Yanda
RG Garrett Reynolds

Browns
TE Gary Barnidge
P Andy Lee
LE Randy Starks

Chiefs
C Ben Grubbs
FS Husain Abdullah
QB Alex Smith

Bills
RT Jake Long

SF
ROLB Thomas Davis
TE Vincent Jackson
DT Haloti Ngata

Vikings
C Samson Satele
C John Sullivan
HB Scrotum Slasher

Stealers
TE Matt Spaeth

Texans
CB Alan Ball
DT Alan Branch
TE Jeff Cumberland
SS Quintin Demps
LT Duane Brown
TE Garrett Graham

Titans
LE Rob Ninkovich
SS Greg Toler
TE Jason Witten
ROLB Brian Orakpo
CB Perrish Cox

Seahawks
FS Cary Williams
P Jon Ryan

Saints
MLB David Hawthorne
WR Marques Colston
QB Drew Brees

Racists
ROLB Tamba Hali

Ravens
ROLB Dannell Ellerbe

Patriots
QB Brian Hoyer
SS Dawan Landry
HB Matt Forte
WR Brandon Marshall

Packers
CB Tramon Williams
LG Josh Sitton
WR Jordy Nelson

Lions
CB Leon Hall
WR Not Calvin Johnson
TE Brandon Pettigrew

Jets
CB Adam Jones
CB Darrelle Revis
CB Antonio Cromartie

Jaguars
MLB Paul Posluszny

Giants
HB Chris Johnson

Dolphins
ROLB Keith Rivers

Chargers
FS LaRon Landry
C Ryan Kalil
SS Bernard Pollard

Cardinals
FB Will Tukuafu

Buccaneers
HB Arian Foster

Broncos
TE Zach Miller

Bears
LE Desmond Bryant
RT Ryan Wendell

Free Agents
TE Dennis Pitta
LG Jamon Meredith
K Shaun Suisham
CB Josh Wilson
P Dustin Colquitt
LE Justin Tuck
WR Chris Hogan
SS Ryan Mundy
ROLB AJ Hawk
SS William Moore
RE Lawrence Sidbury Jr
ROLB Ramon Humber
SS Roman Harper
CB Mike Jenkins
SS Jamarca Sanford
QB Brandon Weeden
FS Brandon Meriweather
P Mike Scifres
ROLB Manny Lawson
HB Matt Asiata
WR Josh Morgan
C Tony Bergstrom
DT Pat Sims
QB Drew Stanton
QB Matt Moore
K Nick Novak
P Michael Koenen
ROLB Jo-Lonn Dunbar
TE Dante Rosario
WR Derek Hagan
WR Robert Meachem
ROLB Will Herring
MLB Nick Roach
FB Frank Summers
MLB Kaluka Maiava
FB Tony Fiammetta
C Robert Turner
QB Tyler Thigpen
MLB Ernie Sims
FB Lex Hilliard

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lots of teams in the 50+ million in cap space, though probably because most have yet to resign players.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Notable players retiring:
Everyone on the Tennessee Titans (5 players including Jason Dallas Witten and Brian Livewire Orakpo)

hahaha.. I guess retiring beats the hell out of another 0-16 season. I can't blame em.

LJ11

So we're going to play another year?

Quick MLB thoughts, you guys said this wasn't a grind but it's grindy as fuck. I love playing the game so it doesn't bother me, but should I finish conquest? I honestly don't want to create my own player and feed him players, and use X players to unlock Y. Not my idea of fun.

I worked the AH for a total of 30 minutes and made more stubs doing that than playing games. Think the AH may be the way to go, but I'm not sure, I'll keep fucking around with conquest as I do enjoy the core game. I just want some players on my damn squad already.

Ferny

Are you guys actually playing this year out?

I can run the Jets so its one less CPU team. We have no CBs from the looks of it so pass on me all day long.

DJ Bowser

I could potentially take a CPU team .

Can you resign players from the connected franchise site? I've begun my miserably treck to Little Rock already.

DCX

DCX
I'd take a CPU team but I haven't been successful in creating a sub account :/

I'll try again when I get home.

DCX

So we're going to play another year?

Quick MLB thoughts, you guys said this wasn't a grind but it's grindy as fuck. I love playing the game so it doesn't bother me, but should I finish conquest? I honestly don't want to create my own player and feed him players, and use X players to unlock Y. Not my idea of fun.

I worked the AH for a total of 30 minutes and made more stubs doing that than playing games. Think the AH may be the way to go, but I'm not sure, I'll keep fucking around with conquest as I do enjoy the core game. I just want some players on my damn squad already.

Do conquest and unlock the missions associated with them. Then you get the legends and have a gold team in a couple weeks. I use my create a player as a Starter. That way I only use him 1/5 games and I only feed him duplicates and FAs. It's nice having a bat in the 9th spot too.

I never said it wasn't a grind.

LJ11

Do conquest and unlock the missions associated with them. Then you get the legends and have a gold team in a couple weeks. I use my create a player as a Starter. That way I only use him 1/5 games and I only feed him duplicates and FAs. It's nice having a bat in the 9th spot too.

I never said it wasn't a grind.

I'll hop on tonight and we'll talk about this stuff.

Do any of you guys work the marketplace, pick a few players up and sell for higher. There are a lot of anomalies in bid/ask. Last night I got Duda again for 65 stubs, sold him for 250. Now it's not some huge gain, but you do it 5 times and you have ~1k. Seems like the spread stays pretty big for certain players.

I'm playing PS4 games on my PC

This is cool

This is terrible, I can hop on MUT and work the AH whenever. I'll be out of a job in no time.

Do any of you guys work the marketplace, pick a few players up and sell for higher. There are a lot of anomalies in bid/ask. Last night I got Duda again for 65 stubs, sold him for 250. Now it's not some huge gain, but you do it 5 times and you have ~1k. Seems like the spread stays pretty big for certain players.

This is terrible, I can hop on MUT and work the AH whenever. I'll be out of a job in no time.

I should probably start doing that but I'm too impatient. Just been racking up innings getting the legends I want. Already got Ernie Banks and Ichiro, pursuing Tony Gwynn now.

I like to go through my commons and sell anything that goes for 150 or more. It's crazy how prices on these garbage cards will randomly spike.

And what is a Met fan doing selling Duda!?

LJ11

I should probably start doing that but I'm too impatient. Just been racking up innings getting the legends I want. Already got Ernie Banks and Ichiro, pursuing Tony Gwynn now.

You're a beast, must be easier than I estimated. Think it's obvious that I need to create my own player.

I like to go through my commons and sell anything that goes for 150 or more. It's crazy how prices on these garbage cards will randomly spike.

And what is a Met fan doing selling Duda!?

I'm just flipping him, Conforto too! Have both of them. Just seems like there was a 200 stub spread between buy/sell the entire first week. Think the price for scrubs is high due to set completions. Mariner players were pretty high last I checked.

How LJ posts read to me:

LOL

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm confused here, some want to play some don't. We knew this was going to happen. Guys that don't want to play should have no vote on simming the league or not (CB, Brent). Guys that do want to play shouldn't be doing double teams, it is what it is at this point. Not sure why those that don't want to play have any kind of say on what should or shouldn't be done.

What we do need to figure out is an advancing schedule to get us to a draft on Monday and who the other commissioners will be if CB is out and FMT doesn't want the role.

We also all agree that this is not official league season 5 and it is just extended play, right?

brentech

I'm confused here, some want to play some don't. We knew this was going to happen. Guys that don't want to play should have no vote on simming the league or not (CB, Brent). Guys that do want to play shouldn't be doing double teams, it is what it is at this point. Not sure why those that don't want to play have any kind of say on what should or shouldn't be done.

What we do need to figure out is an advancing schedule to get us to a draft on Monday and who the other commissioners will be if CB is out and FMT doesn't want the role.

We also all agree that this is not official league season 5 and it is just extended play, right?
PhysicalGlamorousEyas.gif

happytears.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I'm unsure why having a sim "vote" is somehow not valid or disallowed. It's a reasonable option that at least a few people have said they would like to see. Beyond that, I don't know that I was ever really voting. It was always more of a "well, you guys are gonna get a 17 person league that will die off by week 4 because people don't like playing the CPU, so we might as well do this"

BigAT

Never forget, #teamthursday.

7GfC10d.gif

65CCZCU.jpg

PLAY ME FIRST

Dear Mr. Movie Theme,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Friday in draft for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write a post telling you who we think we are.

You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.

But what we found out is that each one of us is a cheeser,
and a spreadsheet maker,
and an FA overbidder,
a D-line user,
and a QB sneaker.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Thursday Club.

triTuha.gif

my oline ratings were pretty pedestrian. But I think everyone was minimum 80 RBK / 85 PBK
My o-line has good stats and strength too. I should probably take off season training on running well

I think more of it has to do with calling it at the right time. always seems like I ran it when my opponent knew I would. shades of Brad Childress

Top Bottom