• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LEAGUE NAME: NEOGAFFE
PASSWORD: JGAR

LEAGUE WEBSITE: http://daddyleagues.com/neogaf

Welcome to the 12th year of the madden gaf league! I'm going to post the 32 players currently in the league and the reserves. It was tough to pick the 32. I think everyone on the reserve list would play their games and would be good to have in the league. But remember there always seems to be openings as the seasons go on so that is why we have a reserve list. But first, some answers to your frequently asked questions (FAQ):

Q: When does the league start?
A: As soon as the updated rosters are available. This could mean a week after the game releases, it could mean 2 weeks! Who knows!

Q: What are the advancement periods?
A: 72 hours! This is strict! However, this doesn't mean to stretch it all 3 days every week. Schedule your games immediately!

Q: Are we doing owner mode?
A: Fuck no!

Q: Will you be using a Daddy Leagues website this year?
A: Yes! I will post once it is up.

Q: Are there trade restrictions this year?
A: Yes, all trades will need to be submitted and approved by myself, cb and pheeniks. The one exception are designated draft day trades involving draft picks. Those are free and open and you can complete these trades starting with the open of Free Agency and running through the draft.

As commissioner, I want to say this up front-- No one is assured the right to stay in the league if they don't obey the rules. I don't care if you're ferny or drizzler or-- (smithers what's one of the bad players' names? BigAT, sir.) or BigAT!

I don't want a shit load of rules so for fucks sake just play as straight up as you can. You wouldn't like a bunch of bullshit being run on you all game so don't run a bunch of bullshit against others. Have respect for your opponent. I'll say it again later but if you are running the same passing play more than a couple times a game just stop. I realize that this is difficult to enforce with hot routes and what not but there's no reason to try to game the system. PLAY SIM BALL!

LEAGUE RULES/GUIDELINES:

0. CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS ARE BANNED! Use regular playbooks from within the game!

1. This is a sim league... to the best of our abilities. Madden is not a very realistic football sim when you get down to it but we have to make the best of it. You are expected to be a willing participant in the league.

2. RUN DIFFERENT PLAYS! This goes for both offense AND defense. If you are running the same 4-5 plays ALL GAME that is a problem. Run up the middle, run to the outside, passing deep, passing short, screens, drags, posts.... they're all there for you! Use them! I get that this is more difficult on defense because there are teams in the NFL that actually run 2 deep safety man for a good part of the game. But even those teams ACTUALLY throw in some zone defense, some blitzing, some other packages at the other team. Just mix it up. You shouldn't be running the same pass play 10 times a game.

3. Fourth down rules. This is a tough one that i'm hoping doesn't need to be spelled out more specifically but basically if you have a 4th and very short (1 yard or less) in your opponents territory I see no issue with going for it. Another scenario where I see no issues is when you are on the cusp of fg range. Lets say you have a 4th and 5 from your opponents 37 yard line. Is that ok to go for it? I would say yes.

Obviously if you are losing late in the game on your last drive you can go for it in any circumstance. DO NOT go for it on 4th down in your own territory outside of the previous instance.

4. I had previously posted a few people who had contingencies and they are still there but this really goes for everyone in the league. It was a mistake to make these things public and I will make sure that those issues are communicated privately. SCHEDULE YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU SEE IT IS ADVANCED! this game is not your job but we are all putting time into the league and it's tough to swallow when you are working on a tight deadline but your opponent isn't really communicating to work with you. There is nothing wrong with playing your game on the last day but there is something wrong with not bothering to schedule ANYTHING until day 3 and then everyone else is delayed because of it.

5. GET AIM OR PSN PHONE MESSENGER! This is huge because communication is so important. If you have AIM, please post your AIM username and I will add it to this post so people know how to contact you. Contact is key so PM your opponent, AIM them, PSN them. This will help to guarantee that the game is scheduled timely!

6. YOU WILL GET BUTTHURT! There are going to be games where you get a bullshit call or a bullshit play or your opponent gets completely lucky. If you can't deal with this type of thing then let us know now so we can get someone in here that wants to play.

7. DON'T RUN UP THE SCORE! DON'T STAT PAD! This should go without saying but it still must be said. If you are thrashing your opponent, just run the ball and run the clock out. There is no need to embarrass your opponent further or fling the ball all around the field, prolonging a game that for all intents and purposes is over. Just be respectful of your opponent. I can't really come up with a number for every scenario that is "blowout status" but just use common sense. For instance, if you are up 40 points at the start of the 4th quarter... that is a blowout. If you are up 10 points with 4 minutes left, that is NOT a blowout. I want people to be respectful but I don't want someone to let their foot off the gas early in the 4th and then someone gets a TD + an onside kick + a TD to cost them the game. Use common sense!

8. Disconnect issues. This will happen at some point or another. If the game disconnects in the first half, under any circumstance, you'll have to replay the game. Sorry! If the game is in the 2nd half and absolutely out of reach, the team losing should set themselves to Auto Pilot and the team winning can beat up on the CPU. Again hard to come up with a number. If you and your opponent have this issue and disagree then consult with the commish group so we can decide what needs to happen. Hopefully you can work it out amongst yourselves in a civil manner.

9. MANUAL CATCHING IS ALLOWED! this means you can use the Square, X, Triangle buttons accordingly. If this somehow becomes some type of horrible epidemic we'll have to review!

10. DO NOT RUN NO HUDDLE OUTSIDE OF A 2 MINUTE DRILL SITUATION OR UNLESS THE SITUATION ABSOLUTELY DICTATES IT! I'm not going to point out EVERY POSSIBLE scenario where no huddle would be acceptable but if it's a relatively close games outside of a 2 minute situation DONT RUN NO HUDDLE! if you were down 28 points early in the 3rd quarter or something then that is acceptable. But short of something outrageous like that just don't do it. It's going to cause a lot of drama and it's not worth it.

11. IF YOU START MISSING A BUNCH OF GAMES (COUGH MCNEILY COUGH DM) I WONT HESITATE TO BRING SOMEONE IN THAT IS GOING TO BE AROUND TO PLAY! what is a bunch of games? i don't know. 2? just dont miss any games and you wont have to test the rule out!

League roster (as of 8/16/15)

1. FMT
2. CB
3. Pheeniks
4. Ferny
5. LJ
6. Brent
7. Smokey
8. DJ Bowser
9. Greg
10. Crimson
11. Pistolpete
12. Drizzler
13. Nightz
14. BigAT
15. Wellington
16. Mcneily
17. purplecheeto
18. dmczaf
19. dcx
20. eznark
21. mrbob
22. rinse
23. jabee
24. az
25. mastershake
26. splat
27. soka
28. luke
29. cola
30. sickboy
31. gq
32. trasher

Reserve list (IN NO ORDER!):
caliblue
somnia
sanjuro
lostbigboss
rene
Jarate
scottsullivan
bushwick
striker
turbo

Preliminary Teams:

AFC:
AFC East -
Bills - Rinse82
Patriots - Colasante
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Drizzler

AFC North -
Ravens - GQMan2121
Steelers - bigat
Bengals - Splat
Browns - Brent

AFC South -
Texans - Smokey
Colts - Luke
Jags - Greg
Titans - pistolpete

AFC West -
Raiders - Soka
Broncos - jabee
Chiefs - Crimson
Chargers - Nightz

NFC:
NFC East -
Eagles - CB
Redskins - Mcneily
Giants - wellington
Cowboys - DJ Bowser

NFC North -
Packers - somnia
Vikings - birdman
Lions - Trasher
Bears - thelostbigboss

NFC South -
Bucs - DM
Falcons - DCX
Panthers - az
Saints - sickboy

NFC West
49ers - fmt
Rams - LJ
Seahawks - purplecheeto
Cards - pheeniks

Previous Superbowl winners/# of Superbowl wins:

1. FMT - 11
2. Rors - 3
3. BigAT - 3
4. Crow - 2
5. Ramirez - 2
6. DMczaf - 2
7. Wellington - 2
8. Mrbob - 1
9. Smokey - 1
10. Malleymal - 1
11. LJ11 - 1
12. Markmhc - 1
13. Soka - 1

so we came up with the following free agent rules:

1. Once the league is up, free agents rated under a 70 are free to sign as you please. so anything under a 70. if a player is rated a 70, he is not free to sign out of the gates.

2. there will be a 1 round free agent draft. The first 4 picks of the free agent draft will be the 4 worst overall teams (OVR team rating, with the worst OVR being first all the way to the 4th worst). The remaining 28 picks will be randomized

3. ALDON SMITH AND RAY MCDONALD ARE OFF LIMITS UNTIL THE OFF-SEASON. DON'T SIGN EITHER OF THESE PLAYERS.

4. If you don't care to participate in the FA draft, then you don't have to.

5. The FA draft is to be completed by week 2. DO NOT SIGN YOUR DRAFTED PLAYER UNTIL AFTER YOUR WEEK 1 GAME.

the draft order is as follows:

Pick #1. Titans
Pick #2. Jags
Pick #3. Raiders
Pick #4. Bucs
Pick # 5 : texans
Pick # 6 : rams
Pick # 7 : chargers
Pick # 8 : lions
Pick # 9 : 49ers
Pick # 10 : dolphins
Pick # 11 cowboys
Pick # 12 : bears
Pick # 13: eagles
Pick # 14 : packers
Pick # 15 : bills
Pick # 16 : cards
Pick # 17 : redskins
Pick # 18 : chiefs
Pick # 19 : falcons
Pick # 20 : ravens
Pick # 21: saints
Pick # 22 : steelers
Pick # 23 : seahawks
Pick # 24 : panthers
Pick # 25 : colts
Pick # 26 : bengals
Pick # 27 : giants
Pick # 28 : jets
Pick # 29 : browns
Pick # 30 : patriots
Pick # 31 : vikings
Pick # 32 : broncos

Picks 3 and 4 had the same overall so i flipped for the order. I used a random internet team draft order generator to come up with the picks after #4. We can start the draft order as soon as the updated rosters are out and we know who is a FA.

cdyhybrid

RIP EG
fS7Xkos.gif

I've decided to cede control of the Dolphins to Drizzler.

The team I choose, I shall keep to myself.

And Bowser, the Dolphins are definitely Drizzler's unless he wants to play you for them.

DJ Bowser

I've decided to cede control of the Dolphins to Drizzler.

The team I choose, I shall keep to myself.

And Bowser, the Dolphins are definitely Drizzler's unless he wants to play you for them.
He had told me he was willing to play for them. If he changed his mind, that's cool. I'll ask him about it if he doesn't post some time soon.

If you run trap more than 15 times a game again (or more than 8-10 for that matter) you will not have any division to dominate

we don't even know what will be broken this year. maybe 01 trap is a thing of the past and... spider 2 Y banana is broken! but rest assured we will find out quickly

we don't even know what will be broken this year. maybe 01 trap is a thing of the past and... spider 2 Y banana is broken! but rest assured we will find out quickly

Well this is something we're going to have to lay out.

I'm not against the school of doing what works on your opponent. But I'm sure you agree with me that running the same play 6 times on a drive is a complete dick move, whether it's HB Dive or HB trap or Slants. By your OP this isn't going to be cool anymore no matter if it's a pass or run play. And for fucks sake in that game I was doing just about everything I could to stop that trash and I didn't realize till the end the only way to stop it was by controlling the D-Lineman.

I mean I guess I wouldn't be opposed to 5 HB dives, but...I don't understand why anybody would want to do that.

Well this is something we're going to have to lay out.

I'm not against the school of doing what works on your opponent. But I'm sure you agree with me that running the same play 6 times on a drive is a complete dick move, whether it's HB Dive or HB trap or Slants. By your OP this isn't going to be cool anymore no matter if it's a pass or run play. And for fucks sake in that game I was doing just about everything I could to stop that trash and I didn't realize till the end the only way to stop it was by controlling the D-Lineman.

I mean I guess I wouldn't be opposed to 5 HB dives, but...I don't understand why anybody would want to do that.

that's why it's in the rulez to not run the same play over and over! dm will get it.... we'll be like the drill sergeant in full metal jacket!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP8y63Ms4o

Ferny

I may be back in Madden 17, but I felt like this year, I just wanted something a little different, wanted to check out that NFC life.

I will miss my other AFC East bros Ferny and Cola too :(

Awww what. Just noticed you won't be the Dolphins. We had some great games last year.

2 stack vs a very high 5 stack how is that fair. Then we had a mid phoenix cause our brew wouldnt mid. Then other team has a 74% win rate SF spammer. HOW

vs shakeshack as the protect 1

doto is dumb

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2 stack vs a very high 5 stack how is that fair. Then we had a mid phoenix cause our brew wouldnt mid. Then other team has a 74% win rate SF spammer. HOW

vs shakeshack as the protect 1

doto is dumb

wouldnt have happened on reborn.

Yeah, I'll play Tebow for the Fins.

cool

Just so you know I think if one of you loses, yall don't get to pick out of the remaining pool? FMT's call.

By the way French can you update the OP so that the Arizona Cardinals are mine?

correct. if you play for a team and lose, you are at the mercy of the commishes as to what team you get.

and i updated you as the cards

I thought Pete was still going to play for or have the Raiders

correct

A man of class, honor, and courage, ladies and gentlemen!
You say all these things but you tell us behind his back that he is a flag football scrub, using words like "decoy" and "sacrificial lamb" and "horrible team player" (most of us know the latter to be true anyways from playing FIFA and 2k with him)

What a friend you are

DJ Bowser

You say all these things but you tell us behind his back that he is a flag football scrub, using words like "decoy" and "sacrificial lamb" and "horrible team player" (most of us know the latter to be true anyways from playing FIFA and 2k with him)

What a friend you are
I think you're confusing me with the PSN user XDJ Bowser, probably (really should ask to change my name on here). "Scrub" sounds like me though, granted I've said that to him and to most people I've played with.

My way of interacting with my friends is very acerbic. If I shit on someone like that, it's because I like them. Mocking Drizz is my favorite part of playing Rocket League.

Oh shit I'm not even on the 32?! I thought I was on the prelim list! Damn, oh we'll if I get this new job with geico I might be out of state training for 3 months anyways

I think you're confusing me with the PSN user XDJ Bowser, probably (really should ask to change my name on here). "Scrub" sounds like me though, granted I've said that to him and to most people I've played with.

My way of interacting with my friends is very acerbic. If I shit on someone like that, it's because I like them. Mocking Drizz is my favorite part of playing Rocket League.

"Drizzler, half time is over. Put down the bong."
-A statement we made at least 100 times

DJ Bowser

This is the most beautiful opening to an article I've ever read!
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...agles_preseason_opener_cause_for_concern.html

"When listen to Tim Tebow talk about his love for the game of football, it is hard not to feel like a soulless wretch for all of those years you rooted against him. When he looks into your eyes, you reflexively shrink away, as if he is peering into the darkest part of you. It feels as if he knows, as if the snark still echoes in his ears, as if he can still hear the cry of your cold heart as it begs the Steelers to win the toss in overtime. You want him to hug you and tell you that he knows you meant nothing by it.

He smiles at you, and his blue eyes twinkle with a remarkable lightness of being. Your mind screams at you both to turn away and throw yourself at his mercy."

Greg

you shit on me, but then you sing OUR GREG IS AN AWESOME GREG

so conflicted
so fam

Top Bottom