• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

this thread
cBj1LTf.png

can we talk about doter or even madden?!

Don't be bringin no drake in here brah!

REMINDER TO ALL:

please don't go for it on every 4th down, ESPECIALLY 4th down and longs at or near mid-field. this obviously comes up because of the bills/pats game. i don't want to have hard rules on 4th down because i feel like different games call for different things but going for it on 4th and 15 at midfield in the first half should never happen unless you're down like 5 touchdowns.

punt the fucking ball!

brentech

it sounds pretty stupid
Runs a quick play with 20 seconds or whatever, then runs no huddle and lands a deep ball for only TD of the game. I was to pissed after it happened to post, but I think I'm done playing GQ. He can play the CPU in the future. It's always some dumb shit like abusing no huddle or the same play over and over.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is no huddle cheese this year? Thats a honest question. I havent seen enough of it to have any thoughts on it one way or another.

brentech

Is no huddle cheese this year? Thats a honest question. I havent seen enough of it to have any thoughts on it one way or another.

Yeah, honestly I don't even know if anyone has ran it on me. Maybe pure coincidence....but with all that said, there is no reason in the world to not take the time out and then run the last play of the half. The ONLY reason someone would run hurry up in that situation is they thought it gave them an advantage knowing what we know from last year.

Colasante

GG Rinse. Basically the same formula as our first game, you don't do much on offense but my horrible INTs help you get a huge lead. Preston Brown is going to be in Brady's nightmares.

brentech

Yeah, without the clock accel, I think the time you save is minimal so doing a lot of no-huddle seems like intentional cheese.

It was just one play, but the situation made no sense making it seem intentional. 3 time outs. No way for me to get ball back even if he threw multiple incomplete passes.
Between that and watching some of his recent games on stream where he moves an OLB to the middle or other side and switches players right before the snap, I'm pretty sure he just doesn't give a fuck.

So, whatever. Just not going to waste my time with those games anymore.

sidenote: this gif of ST:BF is amazing http://gfycat.com/RealSpanishEsok

eznark

Banned
Moderated local mayoral debates last night that were broadcast live. Got a "whoever wins we all lose" in regarding the Cubs - Cardinals series. Pretty proud of myself.

I can understand why it'd be ridiculous and appear cheesy for someone to NOT call a timeout with 8 seconds left, 3 timeouts remaining, but the NFL has kind of turned into a cheese league itself where I can actually see teams do that so you can catch the opposition off guard.

However, I would have been pissed too, because in this game I feel like when people no huddle it's not because there isn't time, or because there's some tricky strategy to it, but because they want to take advantage of the defense not being able to call enough plays, especially when we don't have clock run down anymore.

I can understand why it'd be ridiculous and appear cheesy for someone to NOT call a timeout with 8 seconds left, 3 timeouts remaining, but the NFL has kind of turned into a cheese league itself where I can actually see teams do that so you can catch the opposition off guard.

However, I would have been pissed too, because in this game I feel like when people no huddle it's not because there isn't time, or because there's some tricky strategy to it, but because they want to take advantage of the defense not being able to call enough plays, especially when we don't have clock run down anymore.

Yea, I mean what GB and Rodgers have been doing to opposing defenses is so ticky tack that is literally like watching someone on Madden break the AI.

Personally I've never really had an issue with one or two no huddles outside of two minutes if you're simply catching the defense in a horrible personal grouping. Like if someone calls Dime and I'm in strong run formation preventing a personal swap would be of great advantage to the offense.

That being said, the way that madden completely restricts play calling on the defensive side on no huddle is so large that it's simply not fair to run no huddle in most cases. If I had a ten second window to get a proper play call out of the current formation, and not be restricted to my 4 audibles then hurry up wouldn't be as much of an issue.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think last year was more of how the defenders covered people and possibly stamina(?) more than the restrictions on defensive playcalling.

I wish it worked properly so i could play how the real life eagles do (insert bradford/kelly jokes here). Still, even how it stands now in this game, i really dony care if people are running it for 2 minute drills or ebcause they are far behind in the second half. Its what real life teams would do. I can adjust my defense manually on the fly and make up the difference with good user defense play.

things you just learned that you probably should have known for a long time

Pressing circle and the direction of the player you want will instantly change you to that player, instead of mashing circle to try to get to the player and accidentally skipping over him.

Yea, I mean what GB and Rodgers have been doing to opposing defenses is so ticky tack that is literally like watching someone on Madden break the AI.

Personally I've never really had an issue with one or two no huddles outside of two minutes if you're simply catching the defense in a horrible personal grouping. Like if someone calls Dime and I'm in strong run formation preventing a personal swap would be of great advantage to the offense.

That being said, the way that madden completely restricts play calling on the defensive side on no huddle is so large that it's simply not fair to run no huddle in most cases. If I had a ten second window to get a proper play call out of the current formation, and not be restricted to my 4 audibles then hurry up wouldn't be as much of an issue.

but that is why real teams run no huddle. doesn't give the opposing defense time to adjust

but that is why real teams run no huddle. doesn't give the opposing defense time to adjust

I think people in this league are more interested in playing chess though, and that games are won and lost by decision making and good defense, not some out-of-your-control bullshit or some overpowering play that works every time

Fmt I'm headed home if you want to play in like 30.

yep ill be here

I think people in this league are more interested in playing chess though, and that games are won and lost by decision making and good defense, not some out-of-your-control bullshit or some overpowering play that works every time

no i know, and i don't really support no huddle outside of a 2 minute situation. just not really sure why it's needed unless you are desperate and have no other choice. i definitely don't like brents situation with 8 seconds left and 3 timeouts. ridiculous and i'll talk to gq about it

Top Bottom