• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One_Piece_Logo.png

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE LINKS TO MANGA SITES IN THIS THREAD. LINKS TO SCANS GO AGAINST FORUM RULES.

Welcome manga readers and all to the official manga thread for One Piece. This thread was made due to the large number of readers of the manga that can’t freely talk about it in One Piece Anime thread as shown here:

Now in its sixteenth year of publication, the Strawhat Crew continue to voyage out at sea in search of the legendary treasure One Piece left by Gold Roger. Their adventures have finally taken them into the New World and they are now faced with the threat of the Four Emperors as well as evading pursuit from the World Government.

Current Saga:

Vs. Four Emperors Saga

FrJ8B9h.jpg

Current Arc:

Zou

latest

Crew Members:
latest

Luffy - Captain

Zoro - Swordsman

Ussop - Marksman

Sanji - Cook

Nami - Navigator

Chopper - Doctor

Nico Robin - Archeologist

Franky - Shipwright

Brook - Musician
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

If anyone has any suggestions for this thread please message me!

Toad.T

Banned
Gah, haven't read the series since volume... 21 I think? Did really like what I saw though. However, buying 50+ books is expensive, so could anyone just give me a quick recap on what the Straw-hat pirates are up to these days?

qazqaNii

I am not really feeling the current arc, sure they've introduced SABO and gave him the fire fruit, but it also seems kinda boring its so slowpaced and we all know what is going to happen at the end, luffy beats doflamingo. The barrier guy looks like a decent man to join their crew, other than that, save the island happened against arlong, crocodile, skypea etc etc. already.

Gah, haven't read the series since volume... 21 I think? Did really like what I saw though. However, buying 50+ books is expensive, so could anyone just give me a quick recap on what the Straw-hat pirates are up to these days?

Well After the 2 Year Timeskip...
  • Strawhats reunited
  • headed to Fishman Island
  • Strawhats beat the New Fishman Pirates and asked Jinbei to join crew who declined for the time being
  • Luffy angers one of the Four Emperors, Big Mom, who tells Luffy he's now her target.
  • Crew heads to Punk Hazard where Akainu beat Aokiji in a fight to become Fleet Admiral
  • Reunite with Tralfalgar Law who is now a Warlord and team up with him to take down one of the Four Emperors, Kaido.
  • Kidnap an evil scientist named Caesar who works for Doflamingo, a king and Warlord, who supplies Kaido with manmade devil fruits.
  • Head to Doflamingo's island Dressrosa where Luffy enters a fighting tournament for Ace's devil fruit.
  • Crew is seperated again and Luffy encounters Jesus, one of Blackbeard's crewmates and his long lost brother Sabo who eats the devil fruit.
  • Doflamingo's evil plans behind the kingdom are revealed and he holds all the citizens hostage until they eliminate all the people against him on the island.

Verelios

Subscribed for future participation. And to say how I think OP's quality has strangely dropped a bit for the past few months.

This is coming from someone who bought all 70 volumes at market price.

789shadow

Banned
Subscribed for future participation. And to say how I think OP's quality has strangely dropped a bit for the past few months.

As someone who did the same, I do feel like Oda needs to get on with it already.

Linari

Neo Member
Great arc so far, but I'm still upset at the lack of Sanji at the moment especially since the clash between him and Doflamingo.

I hope later on we'll see as to why Sabo couldn't participate in the war at Marineford.

789shadow

Banned
I hope later on we'll see as to why Sabo couldn't participate in the war at Marineford.
I assume the Revolutionary Army took advantage of the fact that the vast majority of Marine forces were in one spot to further their objectives elsewhere.

But the manga is on a break AGAIN.

So yeah...see you guys in 4 weeks!!

Shit, I didn't see it was on break. It's not seriously for that long, is it?

Personally, I'm not a fan of how chaotic it's gotten with the frequent panel/perspective shifts, but I'm still loving this arc.

hail god usopp

Outstanding. I didn't wanna post in the community forum because spoilers, so I can really let loose here.

God, I can't wait to see these fights animated. I'm hoping the last part of this arc rivals Enies Lobby in the action, though nothing will ever come close to rivaling the feels.

I still feel like Doflamingo is going to rock Luffy, but we'll see. Doflamingo's strings seem to be the same kind of counter to Luffy that Luffy was to Enel. Doflamingo just seems like he has a massive advantage in that matchup.

PranooY

Yes!
OP deserves a separate thread. Couldn't really post in the Manga thread, since tons of spoilers on other manga which I'm yet to catch up.

But the manga is on a break AGAIN.

So yeah...see you guys in 4 weeks!!
Nooooooo!
Damn, didn't he take 2 weeks off recently?
No chapters for 4 weeks. Worst news of the day!!

What I'm really hoping for is for Oda to focus some time on these fights.

Like I don't want frequent scene shifts interrupting, say, Franky vs Senor Pink and then it suddenly ends in one random chapter. I was okay with it back in Fishman Island but I definitely not here.

Oh yeah...sorry. It's 3 weeks wait actually.

The latest Jump issue is 31, and OP will return in issue 34.

you gotta be fuckin kidding me

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay no. The latest issue of Jump was NOT 31, it was 32.
Meaning it will be off in 33, and come back in 34.

Quit spreading lies.

Silky

Banned
Where's a good place to start post time skip? I read up until Luffy and the gang went underwater when they rejoined to go see mermaids or something.

BatDan

Okay, here's what's going on.
The recent issue of Jump was Issue 32.
One Piece will be off in Issue 33
It will be back in Issue 34.

There's no multi-week break, just one.

Where's a good place to start post time skip? I read up until Luffy and the gang went underwater when they rejoined to go see mermaids or something.

Stay with it.
Remember, everything in One Piece is important as you never know what will play a part.

read it all, if not go to volume 67.

I found the Mermaid Island arc was boring, but I am sure there will be lots of little through backs to it as the story progresses.

BatDan

"Little" throwbacks? It's going to be one of the most important arcs of the series.

Indeed.
Shirahoshi being the weapon Poseidon is going to be HUGE later down the line. Seeing as she's on the same threat level as Pluton.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I havent been following arlong park or anything, is there still wild speculation about a new member every time a new arc rolls around?

and if so who is it this time? Rebecca? Law is getting a past flashback and thats usually a sign, but hes too big to join.

789shadow

Banned
Indeed.
Shirahoshi being the weapon Poseidon is going to be HUGE later down the line. Seeing as she's on the same threat level as Pluton.
I still believe that the end-game will be kicked off by Akainu and the Marines obtaining all 3 Ancient Weapons to take out Pirate King Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom