• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Watch him end up being stealth strongest marine haha. Something finally happens to make him get serious and he just starts curb stomping everyone at the speed of light.

After Marineford there are still people doubting Akainu as the No1. marine ? lol Bloodlust Akainu destorys Kizaru. Kizaru was ready to back down when Beckmann told him too not move, while Akainu was willing to destroy WB, Shanks, Ace, Luffy all on the spot.

todd360

After Marineford there are still people doubting Akainu as the No1. marine ? lol Bloodlust Akainu destorys Kizaru. Kizaru was ready to back down when Beckmann told him too not move, while Akainu was willing to destroy WB, Shanks, Ace, Luffy all on the spot.

Yeah thats true I guess. I still just get the impression that Kizaru was just messing around though. If he is truly light he should be able to dodge even a pistol that is close to him. I assume he has observation haki as well which would alert him before the bullet goes off.

Maybe the light light fruit just doesn't give you the full power of light. If he truly can't move at the speed of light it would make more sense for him to say ok i'm done when Beckmann had a haki infused gun pointing at him.

Glad to see OP OT.

Can any OP expert tell me why
Ace
died the way he did?

I spent the entire manga/anime imagining him as strong/smart and he died in a way that absolutely pissed me off. I paused for a long while from the series after that. Didn't like
how WhiteBeard went down
either, but I was way more into
Ace

todd360

Glad to see OP OT.

Can any OP expert tell me why
Ace
died the way he did?

I spent the entire manga/anime imagining him as strong/smart and he died in a way that absolutely pissed me off. I paused for a long while from the series after that. Didn't like
how WhiteBeard went down
either, but I was way more into
Ace

Ace
was a guy who refused to run away from a fight. That was mistake number one. He was also probably not at 100% since he was
in jail
for awhile. Anyways it would seem that magma bros magma was hotter than fire or something and therefore able to
burn ace
. He also could have used a haki laced magma attack to kill
Ace
but i'm pretty sure he didn't have to because his fruit was just superior. Oh yeah he jumped in front of luffy to save him from an attack didn't he? Logia users forget to dodge stuff since they are so used to nothing being able to touch them. They get cocky and pay the price for it. I assume the same happened to
smoker
during the
timeskip

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ace
was a guy who refused to run away from a fight. That was mistake number one. He was also probably not at 100% since he was
in jail
for awhile. Anyways it would seem that magma bros magma was hotter than fire or something and therefore able to
burn ace
. He also could have used a haki laced magma attack to kill
Ace
but i'm pretty sure he didn't have to because his fruit was just superior. Oh yeah he jumped in front of luffy to save him from an attack didn't he? Logia users forget to dodge stuff since they are so used to nothing being able to touch them. They get cocky and pay the price for it. I assume the same happened to
smoker
during the
timeskip

Ace didnt dodge to save Luffy, the fist would have killed Luffy if he hadnt stopped the impact with his real body.

btw. This is a Manga thread so these spoiler tags arent really necessary.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Uh no, Smoker didn't get cocky because he was a Logia. He was dealing with opponents with incredibly strong Haki.
Plus, part of the battle with Vergo was intended to be a distraction so Law could get his heart back.

demidar

Yeah thats true I guess. I still just get the impression that Kizaru was just messing around though. If he is truly light he should be able to dodge even a pistol that is close to him. I assume he has observation haki as well which would alert him before the bullet goes off.

Maybe the light light fruit just doesn't give you the full power of light. If he truly can't move at the speed of light it would make more sense for him to say ok i'm done when Beckmann had a haki infused gun pointing at him.

Kizaru's weak point would be his own reaction speed. If he knows something is coming he could easily turn to light and fly away, but if he isn't aware he'll take the hit before he could transform or escape. At such close range, Kizaru probably wouldn't be able to transform and dodge (a Haki infused bullet would still hit him in light form) in between the time Beckmann pulls the trigger and the bullet hitting him. Just because someone can detect something with Observation doesn't mean they can dodge it. Beckmann might also have a more powerful rifle that fires bullets at higher speed, considering that seems to be his weapon of choice and using a standard gun probably wouldn't cut it in the New World.

todd360

Ace didnt dodge to save Luffy, the fist would have killed Luffy if he hadnt stopped the impact with his real body.

I didn't mean that he dodged. I was just saying he jumped in front of an attack aimed at luffy. I guess he must of known it was gonna hit him either through haki or just superior heat ability of magma fruit.

Uh no, Smoker didn't get cocky because he was a Logia. He was dealing with opponents with incredibly strong Haki.
Plus, part of the battle with Vergo was intended to be a distraction so Law could get his heart back.

I wasn't talking about the fight with vergo. I meant the face scars he got sometime during the 2 year timeskip. You know the stuff we didn't see. Now that I think about it your probably right though. I guess more people can touch logias in the new world. So he probably was just fighting someone really strong. Its still possible that he got cocky in the new world and didn't dodge an attack by someone who he assumed to be fodder with no haki.

todd360

Kizaru's weak point would be his own reaction speed. If he knows something is coming he could easily turn to light and fly away, but if he isn't aware he'll take the hit before he could transform or escape. At such close range, Kizaru probably wouldn't be able to transform and dodge (a Haki infused bullet would still hit him in light form) in between the time Beckmann pulls the trigger and the bullet hitting him. Just because someone can detect something with Observation doesn't mean they can dodge it. Beckmann might also have a more powerful rifle that fires bullets at higher speed, considering that seems to be his weapon of choice and using a standard gun probably wouldn't cut it in the New World.

I imagine his gun is normal. I imagine that the bullets are just haki imbued when he fires them. Which probably makes them go faster as well. Shanks sword seems to be a normal fodder tier sword for example. They are so crazy powerful that they can just use regular weapons and up their power with haki. This is just speculation though.

ugoo18

Oh, hmm. Interesting. I can see that happening.

Enel is serious business. You might think he was just taking advantage of his logia in a realm of no other logias, but he showed some pretty sophisticated techniques. He used his fruit to enhance his haki to a level where he could observe all of of Skypiea passively at any given moment, and he could destroy entire islands as if it were nothing. He was also said to be a strong warrior even before he got his fruit, and for the brief period of time that he fought against Luffy, he used his bo staff pretty efficiently. I think he's easily on the same level as the admirals.

You are severely underestimating the admirals and overestimating Enel.

Each of the admirals even without their fruits have shown that their physical abilities are no joke. Their speed, power and durability are all exemplary which is expected of any top tier fighter. They are not glass cannons like Enel, they are more than capable of being significant threats even without their fruits.

Any of the 4 admirals would absolutely fodderize Enel. The fact that Pre-Water 7 Luffy could put him down speaks volumes about his durability. Even if Luffy was rubber, he still hit hard enough to put Enel down. A casual hit from any of the 4 Admiral are far above what Skypiea Luffy could even dream of doing damage wise and would put Enel down with the utmost of ease.

In terms of pure power any of the 4 admirals easily outgun Enel. Heck the fact that a 10 day battle between 2 admirals permanently altered Punk Hazard's climate for the next 2 years speaks volumes of the kind of power an admiral is capable of (Make no mistake, any of the admirals could quite easily destroy islands, the only reason Punk hazard didn't get sunk was because of Akainu and Aokiji negating each other).

In terms of speed any of the 3 admirals would absolutely blitz Enel without breaking a sweat. Remember that it was a lesser admiral in Fujitora who ushered in the age of meteor level movement and reaction speed in One Piece, then we have Kizaru who may or may not actually be light speed but is still fast enough to blitz with disdainful ease a hormone boosted Gear 2nd Luffy. Plus if Skypiea Nami could manage to dodge Enel's lightning any admiral would just about laugh at his speed.

In terms of durability it's not even a contest. Nothing Enel has tanked is comparable to what the admirals have tanked. Akainu for example tanked 2 island splitting air quakes from an enraged WB. Not ground quakes but fully fledged air quakes that still managed to split marineford, had either of those actually make contact with the ground Marineford would have been obliterated.

Akainu tanked both those hits and was still able to come back and pose a serious threat as well as tanking a combined attack from Marco and Vista with disdain.

In Aokiji's case Jozu could only manage to cut Aokiji's lip while Aokiji was distracted impaled on WB's Bisentto with a full diamond form CoA infused shoulder charge

Compared to Enel struggling with pre gears Luffy hits.

Take away Enel's fruit from him and he's nothing special, any of the 4 admirals would OHKO with ease.

Brickhunt

The thing with Enel is that he never met someone that could bypass his logia defense until Luffy. So he couldn't build endurance against powerful attacks. It's not his fault he lived in a place that no one could stand up to him. It's actually impressive that Enel became that strong with no one actually able to give a fight. The fact that he knows Color of Observation means that he has a chance to learn CoA, which in my opinion, is the most important Haki skill.

I say even skilled Haki (Read, CoA) users are going to have some trouble and might even lose against Enel, because to defend against lightning spamming, they would have to keep CoA shields everytime. While Luffy was just plain immune to Enel's lightning. Only the really top, like the Admirals, could take Enel with ease. However, if Enel someday learns Color of Armaments, he has potential to be at the very top alongside the Admirals.

lunchtoast

Last time I read was when they were under the sea having some battle with some gang of fish dudes I forget. Some of the art I had trouble seeing what was going on. Anime I watched up to the beginning of that underwater arc I think. That whole arc was kind of a drag for me I'm sure it gets better but I'd like to wait until the series ends.... :/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The thing with Enel is that he never met someone that could bypass his logia defense until Luffy. So he couldn't build endurance against powerful attacks. It's not his fault he lived in a place that no one could stand up to him. It's actually impressive that Enel became that strong with no one actually able to give a fight. The fact that he knows Color of Observation means that he has a chance to learn CoA, which in my opinion, is the most important Haki skill.

I say even skilled Haki (Read, CoA) users are going to have some trouble and might even lose against Enel, because to defend against lightning spamming, they would have to keep CoA shields everytime. While Luffy was just plain immune to Enel's lightning. Only the really top, like the Admirals, could take Enel with ease. However, if Enel someday learns Color of Armaments, he has potential to be at the very top alongside the Admirals.
This is what I mean. Enel was literally God in Skypiea and could do whatever he wanted with minimal effort, and he was that strong without any formal training beyond whatever typical Bilkan warriors had. But if he were on the Blue Seas and was forced to get his act together, he'd be terrifyingly powerful.

Last time I read was when they were under the sea having some battle with some gang of fish dudes I forget. Some of the art I had trouble seeing what was going on. Anime I watched up to the beginning of that underwater arc I think. That whole arc was kind of a drag for me I'm sure it gets better but I'd like to wait until the series ends.... :/

hahahaha

see you in ten years

to be fair that whole arc is, like, the biggest drag in series history. but it picks back up

BatDan

You probably read messy unclean scans, hence why the art looked bad.
There's cleaner scans, as well as the official release.

It's hard to recommend the official release really... Viz is run by inconsistent morons.
What I do is tell them to use the Wiki when reading them. Makes life easier.

Fishman island is filler till the end with a huuuuge wham line that sets in fourth the entire second half of the story. next arc is the start of the shit gets real arc, when we see the major players actively get involved in the series.

smurfx

get some go again
You are severely underestimating the admirals and overestimating Enel.

Each of the admirals even without their fruits have shown that their physical abilities are no joke. Their speed, power and durability are all exemplary which is expected of any top tier fighter. They are not glass cannons like Enel, they are more than capable of being significant threats even without their fruits.

Any of the 4 admirals would absolutely fodderize Enel. The fact that Pre-Water 7 Luffy could put him down speaks volumes about his durability. Even if Luffy was rubber, he still hit hard enough to put Enel down. A casual hit from any of the 4 Admiral are far above what Skypiea Luffy could even dream of doing damage wise and would put Enel down with the utmost of ease.
did you forget that the final punch luffy used to defeat enel was wrapped in a giant ball of gold? no way in hell any of the admirals will have that kind of power.

smurfx

get some go again
fishman island was necessary since the ship noah and the princess's power will probably play a big role at the end of one piece. joy boy will probably get a flashback as well.

BatDan

fishman island was necessary since the ship noah and the princess's power will probably play a big role at the end of one piece.

This.
The flashback is necessary too since it introduces Koala, who plays a role in the current arc. Plus you know, all the racism that the Fishman/Merfolk have had to endure and basically explain Fisher Tiger.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
...Fishman Island is the farthest thing from filler the series could have. They hinted at it ages ago, there were connections to the Poneglyphs, Ancient Weapons, and Void Century, we got to see where Arlong came from and got some more backstory about him, Big Mom was introduced, we got the Fisher Tiger flashback, Jinbei promised to join, and the Straw Hats all got to demonstrate their time skip abilities. I guess Hody wasn't that important, but Fishman Island was more about the other things going on than Hody and his crew.

ugoo18

did you forget that the final punch luffy used to defeat enel was wrapped in a giant ball of gold? no way in hell any of the admirals will have that kind of power.

Not even close

A giant ball of gold attached to luffy's arm is not even comparable to a half assed casual attack from an admiral let alone anyone half decent from Water 7 onwards.

For comparisons sake how does a giant ball of gold that is being powered by a pre gears luffy end up more powerful than any of the following

Akainu

Akainu literally blew off half the head of the world's strongest man, for your statement to be true you're essentially saying that Luffy's final attack with that gold ball would have dealt greater damage to WB than what Akainu did...... not a chance

Kizaru

A casual warning shot from Kizaru levelled a mangrove as large as a town in Sabaody Archipelago, again for what you're saying to be true that gold ball attack would have enough power to level a town..... not a chance.

Aokiji

Even with a distinct type disadvantage against Akainu's hotter than fire magma Aokiji fought on for 10 days and stalemated that magma that was capable of not only burning fire but also blasting of half of WB's face. Not to mention the fact that Aokiji OHKOd Jozu a WB division commander, for what you're saying to be true that would mean that Skypiea Luffy + gold ball could take out a WB commander........ not a chance.

Fujitora

He casually pulled a meteor from orbit with such force that just the fragments of that meteor created a crater large enough to alter the coastline of the island in his encounter with Law and Doflamino so you can imagine what the full meteor would have done. Not only that but he blocked parts of that meteor with absolute ease while Law and Doflamino actively had to hack the meteor apart to protect themselves.

There is no logical way for a gold ball powered by a pre gears Luffy to deal more damage than admirals who's hits still make a mockery of current Luffy's best efforts in the sheer power and damage they deal. It is literally impossible for a significantly weaker Luffy to do more damage than people who far outclass him in his current state (A state that would quite easily OHKO his Skypiea self and Enel with ease).

That final attack from Luffy wasn't remotely comparable to what an admiral can do and what an admiral can take.

So can we host scans on imgur or abload or something like that and then use link them as images since we can't post manga links?

That was purely Kizaru being Kizaru.

Kizaru attacked WB without any qualms, him stopping when Beckmann threatened him is in no way a sign of him fearing Beckman.

In terms of who is the strongest though it is Akainu as said by Oda, Oda also states that Akainu is so powerful that if he was the main protagonist he could put an end to One Piece in one year.

Not sure if i can link where he says it.

Jigorath

Banned

Don't forget about Kong.

smurfx

get some go again
Not even close

A giant ball of gold attached to luffy's arm is not even comparable to a half assed casual attack from an admiral let alone anyone half decent from Water 7 onwards.

For comparisons sake how does a giant ball of gold that is being powered by a pre gears luffy end up more powerful than any of the following

Akainu

Akainu literally blew off half the head of the world's strongest man, for your statement to be true you're essentially saying that Luffy's final attack with that gold ball would have dealt greater damage to WB than what Akainu did...... not a chance

Kizaru

A casual warning shot from Kizaru levelled a mangrove as large as a town in Sabaody Archipelago, again for what you're saying to be true that gold ball attack would have enough power to level a town..... not a chance.

Aokiji

Even with a distinct type disadvantage against Akainu's hotter than fire magma Aokiji fought on for 10 days and stalemated that magma that was capable of not only burning fire but also blasting of half of WB's face. Not to mention the fact that Aokiji OHKOd Jozu a WB division commander, for what you're saying to be true that would mean that Skypiea Luffy + gold ball could take out a WB commander........ not a chance.

Fujitora

He casually pulled a meteor from orbit with such force that just the fragments of that meteor created a crater large enough to alter the coastline of the island in his encounter with Law and Doflamino so you can imagine what the full meteor would have done. Not only that but he blocked parts of that meteor with absolute ease while Law and Doflamino actively had to hack the meteor apart to protect themselves.

There is no logical way for a gold ball powered by a pre gears Luffy to deal more damage than admirals who's hits still make a mockery of current Luffy's best efforts in the sheer power and damage they deal. It is literally impossible for a significantly weaker Luffy to do more damage than people who far outclass him in his current state (A state that would quite easily OHKO his Skypiea self and Enel with ease).

That final attack from Luffy wasn't remotely comparable to what an admiral can do and what an admiral can take.

So can we host scans on imgur or abload or something like that and then use link them as images since we can't post manga links?

That was purely Kizaru being Kizaru.

Kizaru attacked WB without any qualms, him stopping when Beckmann threatened him is in no way a sign of him fearing Beckman.

In terms of who is the strongest though it is Akainu as said by Oda, Oda also states that Akainu is so powerful that if he was the main protagonist he could put an end to One Piece in one year.

Not sure if i can link where he says it.
everything you said depends on the admirals being able to bypass enel's logia and hit him with those moves. can akainu's logia bypass the lightning fruit just like it did ace's? lightning is much hotter than magma so it shouldn't be able to eat it. none of the other admiral powers should be able to bypass lightning either.

lunchtoast

hahahaha

see you in ten years. to be fair that whole arc is, like, the biggest drag in series history. but it picks back up

Yeah, I know there's longer series but it's crazy this has been going since 97 (?) with no end in sight.

Fishman island is filler till the end with a huuuuge wham line that sets in fourth the entire second half of the story. next arc is the start of the shit gets real arc, when we see the major players actively get involved in the series.

Glad it picks up, didn't know it was filler. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

Jigorath

Banned
Yeah, I know there's longer series but it's crazy this has been going since 97 (?) with no end in sight.

Fishman Island was boring. It was just an excuse for Oda to show off how strong the strawhats are. It gets a lot better in Punk Hazard though, and Dressrosa is shaping up to be one of the best arcs in the series.

BatDan

Fishman Island isn't filler! Don't listen to that claim.
It's the new "Skypiea is filler", it's going to pay off.

Nibel

KuGsj.gif
@ people thinking that Enel would stand any chance against the Marine admirals - those guys are at the top for a reason and proved this over and over again.

Really? I haven't re-read in quite a while. What has he done of so disgusting?

He was totally cool with killing innocent people for trying to decipher the poneglyphs during the Ohara flashback. Ever since that, I've always hoped he would eventually get beaten down for that.

smurfx

get some go again
KuGsj.gif
@ people thinking that Enel would stand any chance against the Marine admirals - those guys are at the top for a reason and proved this over and over again.
i never said they couldn't defeat enel but i don't think they would be able to hit enel as hard as luffy did in his last shot that took him down.

The only reason Luffy beat Crocodile and Enel was because they had a 4x weakness to something that Luffy had to exploit to win (water and rubber)

ugoo18

everything you said depends on the admirals being able to bypass enel's logia and hit him with those moves. can akainu's logia bypass the lightning fruit just like it did ace's? lightning is much hotter than magma so it shouldn't be able to eat it. none of the other admiral powers should be able to bypass lightning either.

Of course they could bypass his intangibility. Every single vice admiral can use CoA and CoO, it's essentially impossible for you to become an admiral without mastering those two forms of haki. Any top tier worth anything can use at least CoA if not CoO as well in conjunction with monstrous physical abilities to ensure they aren't solely dependent on DFs if they do use them, as Pekoms said "Logia who think they are invincible have short lifespans"

That is absolutely Enel in a nutshell and was Ace in a nutshell as well, two people who because they had logia intangibility lost their heads about where they were in terms of power and suffered because of it.

All 3 of the original admirals have shown CoA, they are the only ones to use it to create a shield like they did to stop WB's quake towards the area Ace was being held at the start of the MF war.

No reason to believe Fujitora can't use CoA as well, also an admiral currently has the greatest shown range of CoO in the series. Enel using his lightning fruit spanned an island, Fujitora's CoO eclipsed that the moment he started casually pulling meteors from orbit to attack with.

The only reason Luffy beat Crocodile and Enel was because they had a 4x weakness to something that Luffy had to exploit to win (water and rubber)

Luffy vs Croc was pure plot device and some of the worst in the series. Luffy not dying and being able to put Croc down eventually was absolutely plot especially when considering that Croc after spending time in Impel Down doing nothing really of significance tanked a shoulder charge from Jozu. It's not like he would have been training while there so he should at best still have been at the same level he was when facing Luffy.

Unless Pre- Skip Luffy could hit harder than a Jozu diamond CoA infused shoulder charge (Which he couldn't) he had no real business putting down Croc (Moist knuckles from Alabasta hardly compare to an entire shoulder/forearm of CoA in diamond form from WB's 3rd division commander).

Let's not forget that a similar shoulder charge from Jozu managed to cut Aokiji's lip. Granted Aokiji was blindsided by the hit but Croc taking a similar hit and the result being him coughing up blood as well as some bleeding from the head is testament to Croc's durability as a whole. Durability that Luffy had no business beating especially considering that Croc could beat him much easier than Luffy could beat Croc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i assume this is old (from kotaku)?

"After 17 years, after more and more new characters being created in the story, I couldn't stop inspiration coming into my head," Oda told ChinaTimes (via OPForum). "I think I can continue drawing for another decade."

Oda then added that new characters will be joining the One Piece crew.

im going to die before I fucking see the end of this thing

smurfx

get some go again
Of course they could bypass his intangibility. Every single vice admiral can use CoA and CoO, it's essentially impossible for you to become an admiral without mastering those two forms of haki. Any top tier worth anything can use at least CoA if not CoO as well in conjunction with monstrous physical abilities to ensure they aren't solely dependent on DFs if they do use them, as Pekoms said "Logia who think they are invincible have short lifespans"

That is absolutely Enel in a nutshell and was Ace in a nutshell as well, two people who because they had logia intangibility lost their heads about where they were in terms of power and suffered because of it.

All 3 of the original admirals have shown CoA, they are the only ones to use it to create a shield like they did to stop WB's quake towards the area Ace was being held at the start of the MF war.

No reason to believe Fujitora can't use CoA as well, also an admiral currently has the greatest shown range of CoO in the series. Enel using his lightning fruit spanned an island, Fujitora's CoO eclipsed that the moment he started casually pulling meteors from orbit to attack with.
haki allows you to strike a logia user but it's never at full power. why do you think aokiji and akainu fought for that long? they basically whittled each other down until akainu was the winner. since haki never allows you to strike a logia user at full power then how is that strike going to be more powerful than luffy's gold ball punch?

Zingerale

Banned
Am I the only one who was disappointed with how Sugar was defeated? It gave the impression that Usopp is once again reduced to comedy relief instead of evolving as a character.

ugoo18

haki allows you to strike a logia user but it's never at full power. why do you think aokiji and akainu fought for that long? they basically whittled each other down until akainu was the winner. since haki never allows you to strike a logia user at full power then how is that strike going to be more powerful than luffy's gold ball punch?

What?

Where did you get that idea from.

That is completely at odds with Rayleigh's own words on CoA in Chapter 597 page 13 and 14

CoA forces normally intangible bodies to be solid and the stronger your CoA the greater the amplification of your attack. Case in point Garp and Prime Chinjao using a CoA infused fist and head respectively when they clashed rather than their bare fist and head. Chinjao had to infuse his head with CoA in order to split a continent, why would he bother with that if it was only going to gimp his attack as you say. Garp in their clash used CoA to take on Chinjao, if it was gimping him in the process then he should have just punched him without blackening his fist. You even have the Kuja who infused their arrows with CoA which resulted in them exploding on impact. Your statement is a direct contradiction to what the manga has shown and stated in regards to CoA, it would mean that every CoA user has been purposefully gimping themselves (Even against non logias) because?

It is literally logically impossible for a weaker Luffy to deal an attack stronger than what people significantly stronger than him could do casually. It's basically saying that a mouse with sharpened teeth can inflict more damage in a single bite or hit harder than you or me casually kicking something. Knocking out Enel with a giant gold ball powered by a weaker Luffy is in no way comparable in terms of power to blowing off half the head of the world's strongest man, outright OHKOing a WB commander, levelling a townsized mangrove with a warning shot or hurling a meteor with such force at the ground that it's fragments permanently alter the coastline of the island that is being fought upon.

Akainu and Aokiji fought for that long because they had the stamina and durability to. They weren't weakened or dealing weaker hits, they were at full power dealing hits that would outright kill Enel in one shot. Their ability to battle for 10 days straight like that is a testament to their physical superiority compared to lesser fighters. For comparison Jinbei and Ace could only manage to last 5 days before collapse, Aokiji and Akainu dealt and took damage capable of levelling islands with ease for 10 days straight before Aokiji finally lost.

smurfx

get some go again
What?

Where did you get that idea from.

That is completely at odds with Rayleigh's own words on CoA in Chapter 597 page 13 and 14

CoA forces normally intangible bodies to be solid and the stronger your CoA the greater the amplification of your attack. Case in point Garp and Prime Chinjao using a CoA infused fist and head respectively when they clashed rather than their bare fist and head. Chinjao had to infuse his head with CoA in order to split a continent, why would he bother with that if it was only going to gimp his attack as you say. Garp in their clash used CoA to take on Chinjao, if it was gimping him in the process then he should have just punched him without blackening his fist. You even have the Kuja who infused their arrows with CoA which resulted in them exploding on impact. Your statement is a direct contradiction to what the manga has shown and stated in regards to CoA, it would mean that every CoA user has been purposefully gimping themselves (Even against non logias) because?

It is literally logically impossible for a weaker Luffy to deal an attack stronger than what people significantly stronger than him could do casually. It's basically saying that a mouse with sharpened teeth can inflict more damage in a single bite or hit harder than you or me casually kicking something.

Akainu and Aokiji fought for that long because they had the stamina and durability to. They weren't weakened or dealing weaker hits, they were at full power dealing hits that would outright kill Enel in one shot. Their ability to battle for 10 days straight like that is a testament to their physical superiority compared to lesser fighters. For comparison Jinbei and Ace could only manage to last 5 days before collapse, Aokiji and Akainu dealt and took damage capable of levelling islands with ease for 10 days straight before Aokiji finally lost.
what i said only applies vs logia users. haki allows you catch the logia user but its not a strike at full power.

ugoo18

what i said only applies vs logia users. haki allows you catch the logia user but its not a strike at full power.

Again that completely flies in the face of the manga's own words, where does it say that Haki vs a Logia only allows for a weaker hit?

Also what you said is inconsistent, why would it suddenly allow only reduced damage against Logias but boost attacks against everything else?

One more point that gold orb attached to Luffy was unable to destroy the bell it struck after hitting Enel, instead shattering on impact.

Compare that to Current Luffy OHKOing a Pacifista that took the combined force of the M3 preskip just to bring down. For what you're saying to be true that means that gold ball + Skypiea Luffy could do more damage than the combined force of the M3 which is just as impractical as him outdoing an admiral of all things when he was at Skypiea.

smurfx

get some go again
Again that completely flies in the face of the manga's own words, where does it say that Haki vs a Logia only allows for a weaker hit?

Also what you said is inconsistent, why would it suddenly allow only reduced damage against Logias but boost attacks against everything else?
where does it say haki allows you to hit logias at full power? we've seen hints at what i'm saying all over the place. why didn't rayleigh severely wound kizaru when he cut him to stop him from killing luffy? it was a full haki sword strike but instead he just gave him a tiny cut to his cheek. blackbeards DF wouldn't even be special if haki allowed you to hit logias at full power. logias are the strongest precisely because it's not possible to touch the users unless you can use haki or you can cancel their powers like luffy did vs crocodile and enel. do i really have to explain why haki works on non logias? they take 100% of the damage when you hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom