• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A good writer is going to leave little open ended things like that sprinkled throughout his or her story. He doesn't have everything planned but he leaves himself openings to fill in when needed. If everything was planned out ahead of time we'd see things like Brook during Laboon's flash back at the port or Bartolomeo at Logue Town. First time the Warlords are mentioned the silhouettes are all off from their final forms to. Think they all had swords. Now that could be just someone's thought of what a Warlord could be but still.

I'll give you Bartolomeo and the Warlords.
But Brook seemed planned out. Laboon felt too random at the time, and we eventually got one come Thriller Bark.
Or one could assume it was a bit of world building, saying "this world has giant whales".

KtSlime

As a guy who hasn't touched the anime (never read the manga) since the CP9 saga, Usopp's looking like a badass.

They dont call him God Usopp for nothing.

I cant wait til the end of this arc, I want to see what his bounty goes up to.

He's pissed me off all arc. He was showing some promise at the start of the New World. But has been nothing but wimp since landing in Dressrosa. And remember he still doesn't have a bounty or wanted poster.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Enel's bounty if he were on the Blue Seas would be 500,000 according to Oda, which is still one of the highest in the series. He's been one of the more interesting villains so far, IMO, and his invincibility was only negated because Luffy happened to have a fruit that was in direct opposition to his.

I don't see him returning, which is kind of sad. He (and his entire story arc) are probably my favorite part of the entire series.

He's pissed me off all arc. He was showing some promise at the start of the New World. But has been nothing but wimp since landing in Dressrosa. And remember he still doesn't have a bounty or wanted poster.

He will now.

And that's been Usopp's thing. He's plenty strong but when fights are hopeless he doesn't have the confidence or courage to keep going, and when his cunning runs out he has to get lucky to win.

He took a long time to grow on me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Enel's bounty if he were on the Blue Seas would be 500,000 according to Oda, which is still one of the highest in the series. He's been one of the more interesting villains so far, IMO, and his invincibility was only negated because Luffy happened to have a fruit that was in direct opposition to his.

I don't see him returning, which is kind of sad. He (and his entire story arc) are probably my favorite part of the entire series.

Pretty sure super strong Haki users can take Enel/Eneru out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pretty sure super strong Haki users can take Enel/Eneru out.
I don't know about "take him out", but they could certainly give him a run for his money, yeah.

I still love how he was the first example of haki in the series, and neither he nor the Straw Hats were able to identify it as such until much later on.

Popnbake

He will now.

And that's been Usopp's thing. He's plenty strong but when fights are hopeless he doesn't have the confidence or courage to keep going, and when his cunning runs out he has to get lucky to win.

That looked like it was going to change after Usopp survived the carnivorous island and bulked up.

Now it seems that Oda is going to keep him at joke status. :/

That looked like it was going to change after Usopp survived the carnivorous island and bulked up.

When I look at it precious few of the crew have gotten into very challenging fights since the timeskip. The Fishman Island arc was really only there to show how much stronger everyone had become. Going up against Mingo's executives is going to end up like a lot of Usopp's tougher fights have gone, with him in traction and a lot of hilarity along the way. Usopp is stronger, but Trebol is a goddamn monster, it was going to be only dumb luck that got Usopp through that.

KillGore

I feel the same way.

I expected better from Ussop. I'm not asking him to be fearless, just improved. He even seemed more afraid now than ever before. Such a shame.

Big One

Banned
I dunno, I'm picturing Enel to return someday. Oda always likes to bring back characters for the most random of occasions. He'll probably be bulked up like Crocodile was at Marineford so the fights are more interesting.

I'm still wondering what happened to Don Krieg and Captain Kuro.

Popnbake

Usopp is stronger, but Trebol is a goddamn monster, it was going to be only dumb luck that got Usopp through that.

Oda could have at least let him succeed with that poison ball plan while fighting (then loosing) against Trebol in a badass fashion worthy of the "God Usopp" title.

As for Trebol, I'm not sure how Luffy is going to take on Doflamingo when he has such strong subordinates and defeated Law with his hax fruit. Dude even has kage bunshins now.

He even seemed more afraid now than ever before. Such a shame.

I hope he improves after this is over.

People proclaiming you to be their savior has to be some confidence boost.

Just look at what happened to Buggy.

todd360

People proclaiming you to be their savior has to be some confidence boost.

Just look at what happened to Buggy.
I don't see it going to his head. Ussop knows he's not crazy powerful. I guess one of his flaws is not giving himself enough credit though. He's stronger than what he thinks he is. When he gets serious he can make stuff happen.

ugoo18

I don't know about "take him out", but they could certainly give him a run for his money, yeah.

I still love how he was the first example of haki in the series, and neither he nor the Straw Hats were able to identify it as such until much later on.

They'd most definitely be able to take him out, Skypiea Enel is a glass cannon and not a very good one at that.

Skypiea luffy is nothing compared to what the New World has to offer in terms of strength. I'd fully expect most half decent fighters with haki to take him down in a couple of hits if not an outright OHKO.

Now if he came back and wasn't as much of a pushover physically then he might not get beaten as easily.

As he is he may have the potentially overpowered DF but physically he's terrible in just about every way.

Dugna

I dunno, I'm picturing Enel to return someday. Oda always likes to bring back characters for the most random of occasions. He'll probably be bulked up like Crocodile was at Marineford so the fights are more interesting.

I have no idea about Don Krieg, but Kuro was last seen only in the anime after Luffy got his first bounty. He had his full outfit on and such.

KtSlime

He will now.

I get Usopp, and don't mind his character, but he took way too long to step up after watching the cute little Totantta get decimated. Pissed me off. That's all, otherwise I like him, his introduction is one of my favorites, and I want to find out that happened to Kaya, did she become a doctor? He needs to call her up on the den den mushi every once and a while, very few girls will give him the chance Kaya afforded him. LOL.

Croc was always super powerful. He barely lost to luffy.

Enel was never powerful. He was just a logia at a time when nobody could fight logias.

krieg is fodder and would never survive in the New World, let alone get to it.

KillGore

Croc was always super powerful. He barely lost to luffy.

Enel was never powerful. He was just a logia at a time when nobody could fight logias.

krieg is fodder and would never survive in the New World, let alone get to it.

I think you're underestimating Enel

Skypiea Enel could easily kick Arabasta Crocodile anyday

I'm telling y'all.

Usopp might be a wimp now but by the end of this arc dude's gonna have his own pirate crew to do his bidding

Magwik

Banned
Croc and Enel are both much stronger than we see. Croc only lost because Luffy found his weakness. And Enel lost because rubber. But both we haven't seen at their full potential, though we got a glimpse of Croc during Marineford.

I feel the same way.

I expected better from Ussop. I'm not asking him to be fearless, just improved. He even seemed more afraid now than ever before. Such a shame.

He hasn't changed much yet in terms of bravery in the face of adversity but that's some character development I'd prefer to be made on-panel instead of off-panel

Yeah, I agree, I think we'll start seeing pirate crews that support the Straw hats and which will be under their name but not necessarily follow them around. Probably after the current arc.

I don't see why it's so farfetched for Luffy to amass a fleet in this second half of the series now that he's on the cusp of legend status and is trying to take down yonkou. especially when it's been noted that his chief rival in the series has a fleet of his own and events in this arc seem to be piling on straw hat allies by the bucketful

if anything Bartolomeo at least will follow Luffy to the death unless Luffy flat out tells him 'no we don't want you and your people'

This thread's gonna get nuked pretty quick if people keep posting/linking to illegal scans.

noted

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

idk I feel that the moon people will be brought back in the story. Then again if he came back i feel it would probably be to be worf'd by some newer villain/threat to show how bad ass it is.

Raonak

Banned
Is the chimera theory still going strong? It fits so perfectly and really shows oda's foreshadowing skills.

SolVanderlyn

Is the chimera theory still going strong? It fits so perfectly and really shows oda's foreshadowing skills.
Care to elaborate?

Tizoc

Finally I can talk about the bloody manga lol.

I don't think I've read the last 3 chapters yet but I love how Oda gets Usopp in these wacko ass situations and manages to make me like the character again.

Hypron

I think you're underestimating Enel

Skypiea Enel could easily kick Arabasta Crocodile anyday

Yeah, I mean, the guy's devil fruit is so overpowered he can bring himself back from the dead, and he can use haki as well. I definitely wouldn't call him a weakling.

SolVanderlyn

Blackbeard's Jolly Roger flag, revealed way back in Skypiea, shows three skulls.... Three skulls = three different powers? = chimera devil fruit?
Oh, hmm. Interesting. I can see that happening.

Enel is serious business. You might think he was just taking advantage of his logia in a realm of no other logias, but he showed some pretty sophisticated techniques. He used his fruit to enhance his haki to a level where he could observe all of of Skypiea passively at any given moment, and he could destroy entire islands as if it were nothing. He was also said to be a strong warrior even before he got his fruit, and for the brief period of time that he fought against Luffy, he used his bo staff pretty efficiently. I think he's easily on the same level as the admirals.

Kuldar

The Gorōsei acted as if it was the first time someone had two powers. If there was an extremly rare devil fruit that allow to have multiple powers, they would know about it and shloud not be surprised that someone could do it.

Frog-fu

Banned
Didn't once say Enel would have had a 500 million bounty if he didn't operate in Skypiea and was a pirate?

fake edit; found the source.

D: Question!! If God Enel were to descend to the Blue Sea, how much would his bounty be? Also, what would happen if he did that? Would he rule the Blue Sea? P.N. Gorozoro

O: I see. Interesting question. Knowing how tricky he would be to beat, I'd imagine he could reach as much as 500,000,000 Beli. Luffy was lucky to be rubber. But like Luffy said, there all sorts of even crazier guys down on the Blue Sea. Enel would NOT rule it.
Source

We know Ace had a bounty of 500 million and Don Chinjao had even more than that, and those two are the highest we know of. We also know that Ace could fight on even terms with admirals (he got stupid with Akainu and had been imprisoned for quite some time) and Don Chinjao fought Garp back in the day and lived to tell the tale.

It stands to reason Enel would be a credible threat even in the New World.

My friend said the anime got real good after the CP9 Saga. Confirm?

The series was at its best for me during Alabasta. CP9/Enies Lobby is really good too. In fact, the entire Water 7 Saga is amazing.

Post timeskip OP doesn't quite feel the same to me.

Slayven

I got to give it to Oda for creating Haki, just so everyone can have an edge instead of fruit. And we need more Vegapunk.

todd360

I would love to see Enel come back. How long can he be happy sitting on the moon lol. I don't see what oda would do with him though. He's not really a threat to Luffy at all. Even zoro could mess his day up now. I kinda expect to see him somehow before the series is over. Seemed like a waste of time to show his moon adventure just to never go anywhere with it. I'm thinking the straw hats might end up on the moon somehow after visiting Raftel and come across him or something.

The moon visit would be to learn more about the race that came down from the moon or something. Void century stuff.

You guys are forgetting Enel was one of the first users of Haki in the show/manga.

Luffy only was able to hit him because of his devil fruit, and because he started to fight irrationally like swining and flailing all over the place. Eventually angered by the fact he was even hit (total frieza complex) he started to fight sloppy himself.

They had mantra which allowed them to read their opponents move as quickly as the user was able to think of whatever technique they wanted to use. Enels subordinates also had the ability.

Now I'm not saying enel could take everyone, but he shouldn't be underestimated, he can read your movements and hes probably as fast as kizaru. Enel is at least Admiral tier...

You guys also forget he like Nuked islands from miles away........... Hes probably perfected his ability more so than most devil fruit users.

can-goku-survive-a-collision-with-bullet-train-31897.png

To be honest it was silly how outmatched and outclassed luffy and his crew were to enel, enel lost because of allowing his pride to blind him and not being exposed to anyone who could challenge him, and it was only because luffy was enels natural enemy.... We saw this with Ace's death....

todd360

Lol what if Raftel has a warp warp fruit sitting on a pedestal with instructions to use it to warp to one of the moons to learn more. I wonder who would eat it though. Ussop would be an even greater sniper with the ability to warp to good sniping spots. Plus he could run away more efficiently. Nami could use it to draw her ultimate map better. Just warp everyone to the islands they never went to to finish the map.

todd360

You guys are forgetting Enel was one of the first users of Haki in the show/manga.

Luffy only was able to hit him because of his devil fruit, and because he started to fight irrationally like swining and flailing all over the place. Eventually angered by the fact he was even hit (total frieza complex) he started to fight sloppy himself.

They had mantra which allowed them to read their opponents move as quickly as the user was able to think of whatever technique they wanted to use. Enels subordinates also had the ability.

Now I'm not saying enel could take everyone, but he shouldn't be underestimated, he can read your movements and hes probably as fast as kizaru. Enel is at least Admiral tier...

You guys also forget he like Nuked islands from miles away........... Hes probably perfected his ability more so than most devil fruit users.

can-goku-survive-a-collision-with-bullet-train-31897.png

To be honest it was silly how outmatched and outclassed luffy and his crew were to enel, enel lost because of allowing his pride to blind him and not being exposed to anyone who could challenge him, and it was only because luffy was enels natural enemy.... We saw this with Ace's death....

I disagree that Enel could be as fast as kizarus body is light. He should be able to move at the speed of light if he ever stopped being a lazy bastard. Lightning doesn't even come close to the speed of light. I think kizaru has just been screwing around. I think he's probably even more powerful than magma bro. The light light fruit should theoretically be one of the most powerful fruits right? That's got to be why it's user is so lazy. Oda couldn't add that fruit to the story if someone competent had it. The guy would be emperor level easy. A creative user should even be able to do some form of time travel right?

Korosenai

Lol what if Raftel has a warp warp fruit sitting on a pedestal with instructions to use it to warp to one of the moons to learn more. I wonder who would eat it though. Ussop would be an even greater sniper with the ability to warp to good sniping spots. Plus he could run away more efficiently. Nami could use it to draw her ultimate map better. Just warp everyone to the islands they never went to to finish the map.
A teleport fruit would be pretty awesome. Id imagine it being like Gokus instant transmission.

KillGore

I disagree that Enel could be as fast as kizarus body is light. He should be able to move at the speed of light if he ever stopped being a lazy bastard. Lightning doesn't even come close to the speed of light. I think kizaru has just been screwing around. I think he's probably even more powerful than magma bro. The light light fruit should theoretically be one of the most powerful fruits right? That's got to be why it's user is so lazy. Oda couldn't add that fruit to the story if someone competent had it. The guy would be emperor level easy. A creative user should even be able to do some form of time travel right?

Lightning moves at 3,700 miles per second, I think that's pretty good for a body. Of course it doesn't compare to light but man is that fast

Lirlond

If Kizaru used his fruit properly he'd have no problem beating anybody. Dude can move so fast he'd tear apart the three yonkou at once before they even noticed!

todd360

If Kizaru used his fruit properly he'd have no problem beating anybody. Dude can move so fast he'd tear apart the three yonkou at once before they even noticed!

Watch him end up being stealth strongest marine haha. Something finally happens to make him get serious and he just starts curb stomping everyone at the speed of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom