• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone rooting for Violet to Join the crew? I don't have arguments in favor of it, except for how clever her fruit is, and it might be useful down the line. (i'm intrigued in how she used it in Kyros, for example).

I want another female though, it's time.

robox

name a female character who doesn't have a big boobs.

- be a major character, ie not a random villager
- be of adult age

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I wonder if Corazon originally had the Devil Fruit Law has and he inherited it when Corazon was murdered. I only mention this as Corazon means heart and Law has made a point of swapping out people's hearts with his power.

Akito

name a female character who doesn't have a big boobs.

- be a major character, ie not a random villager
- be of adult age
hzqL3sZ.png

Frog-fu

Banned
The "Big Mom is Lola's mother" theory just will not die. It was pretty much debunked the second Big Mom was revealed to be unambiguously villainous.

What Shadow said. Shes evil. She will destroy an entire island for candy, and she was so hungry the first time we see her that she eats her subordinate. Theres no way shes going to end up being a good guy.

Nothing's been debunked. The fact Big Mom might be a cantankerous bitch doesn't mean she's a terrible mother or doesn't have a soft spot for her daughter, if that's what Lola ends up being, and if so, that doesn't necessarily mean she and Luffy will get along.

Evil characters sometimes still have good children you know?

I wonder if Corazon originally had the Devil Fruit Law has and he inherited it when Corazon was murdered. I only mention this as Corazon means heart and Law has made a point of swapping out people's hearts with his power.

That would be interesting.

I really want to know what turned Law from that crazy kid to a doctor. I really feel this backstory has an amazing potential to be honest...

Also, Did Law stayed with Doflamingo as Head of the Heart Pirates to try and get his revenge, after all this years, for what he did to Corazón?

smurfx

get some go again
Anyone rooting for Violet to Join the crew? I don't have arguments in favor of it, except for how clever her fruit is, and it might be useful down the line. (i'm intrigued in how she used it in Kyros, for example).

bonney is going to join the strawhats. i made this prediction back when she first appeared and i'm sticking to it. she will probably play a big roll soon.

Grudy

bonney is going to join the strawhats. i made this prediction back when she first appeared and i'm sticking to it. she will probably play a big roll soon.
Hmm, kind of sets up a confrontation with akainu if it happens. Not like luffy needs more reasons to hate him though.

Zingerale

Banned
I have a question: If a fishman ate a devil fruit, could they still swim normally in the sea? Or would they lose their strength and not be able to swim anymore?

I have a question: If a fishman ate a devil fruit, could they still swim normally in the sea? Or would they lose their strength and not be able to swim anymore?

They'd be paralyzed and starve to death at sea bottom. Iirc it was answered in the earlier volumes, but lately you also had that fishman villain with a DF, who was covering himself in bubbles or something to prevent touching water.

Oh, why do you think that? Sounds interesting, because besides from the Zoro interaction at Sabaody and her reactions in Marineford, her power seems a bit too hax...

My guess with Bonney is that the WG uses her power to rejuvenate the Gorousei dudes and negate the world of any change in leadership...

Acrylic7

Iv only seen her with Zoro once and it wasn't that big of a deal. I think they are setting her up for something though but we didn't get any indication that she was going to join the crew.
Or did I miss something because I'm good at missing stuff!

Jigorath

Banned

As long as it's not Rebecca.

Korosenai

Any reason behind this thinking other than Akainu showing interest in her?
Oh, why do you think that? Sounds interesting, because besides from the Zoro interaction at Sabaody and her reactions in Marineford, her power seems a bit too hax...

My guess with Bonney is that the WG uses her power to rejuvenate the Gorousei dudes and negate the world of any change in leadership...
Huh, thats actually an awesome theory.

I really hope the Wano combo don't join the crew

Agreed. I actually think they're quite annoying.

The thing with Rebecca is, that i really doubt she'd just leave her father to go with Luffy. Vivi situation here i think. Violet instead, has kinda shown some desire to leave the country, and hasn't rejected Sanji's offerings so she strikes me as a greater candidate to be honest...

I really hope the Wano combo don't join the crew

Agreed.

The main proiblem I have with both Violet and Rebecca is combat application. Rebecca uses kenbunshoku haki to "fight" but she doesn't hurt anybody. Violet has her tear whale thing or whatever, I guess.

I'd like the next female on the crew to be a fearsome fighter. I was hoping Robin was going to he this in comparison to Nami, but she's kinda slipped through the cracks in terms of major battles since Skypiea. Even on Fishman Island, she was just fighting nameless underlings. It'd be cool if they got a female on the crew who is powerful enough to hold their own with the Monster Trio.

I think Koala would be cool, but she's not likely to leave the Revolutionaries. I just wanna see a human using Fishman Karate. It's such a cool style.

If you decide to get it, just remember that Viz's translation is... iffy.
I always tell newcomers that want to read it legally to use the Wiki while reading.
I'm caught up to One Piece, I have most of the Funimation DVDs and now want to start on my manga collection now.

Agreed.

The main proiblem I have with both Violet and Rebecca is combat application. Rebecca uses kenbunshoku haki to "fight" but she doesn't hurt anybody. Violet has her tear whale thing or whatever, I guess.

I'd like the next female on the crew to be a fearsome fighter. I was hoping Robin was going to he this in comparison to Nami, but she's kinda slipped through the cracks in terms of major battles since Skypiea. Even on Fishman Island, she was just fighting nameless underlings. It'd be cool if they got a female on the crew who is powerful enough to hold their own with the Monster Trio.

I think Koala would be cool, but she's not likely to leave the Revolutionaries. I just wanna see a human using Fishman Karate. It's such a cool style.

I agree with you. Robin i think is really powerful, but evades fighting when she can do it. She kinda uses every resource she has before entering a direct conflict (I'm waiting for a "Un millón Fleur - Arcangel" where she summons 4 wings, resembling an archangel, and is able to fly for more than 5 seconds. It'd be glorious)

Nami has been very disappointing lately. After fights like the one with Doublefinger or Kalifa, we have her now struggling against Giolla (really?) She's like the girl Usopp now, when before she kinda stood up and fought when she was needed.

In this sense, i see how can Viola be useful for the crew (the whale tear could be a good fodder reducing move, tbh), and her "clarividence" + Nami's weather skills could be useful to avoid risks when navigating the new world's waters.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think the reason Robin is never in fights is that she's way too overpowered, and Oda has trouble writing good fights for her. Hirohiko Araki ran into the same problem with Pannacotta Fugo and his Stand Purple Haze. Though unlike Fugo, Oda can't write Robin out of the story as she's far too important to the mythos and world.

Also, short spoiler from ArlongPark
Kyros joins up with Luffy, Law & Cavendish.

Zingerale

Banned
I think the reason Robin is never in fights is that she's way too overpowered, and Oda has trouble writing good fights for her. Hirohiko Araki ran into the same problem with Pannacotta Fugo and his Stand Purple Haze. Though unlike Fugo, Oda can't write Robin out of the story as she's far too important to the mythos and world.

Also, short spoiler from ArlongPark
Kyros joins up with Luffy, Law & Cavendish.

I honestly never saw Robin as being overpowered. She's just annoying to deal with because she's deceptive. It makes me sad that we almost never see women kicking serious ass. I think the only time we saw that was with the amazon ladies.

cntr

Banned
There's a One Piece manga thread now? Excellent. I got tired of digging through the main manga thread to find OP stuff.

Raxus

Also, Did Law stayed with Doflamingo as Head of the Heart Pirates to try and get his revenge, after all this years, for what he did to Corazón?

From the sound of things so far Corazón nurtured Law into the man he is today. Since Corazón was Doflamingo's brother he probably had some role in Law's position and probably the main reason he joined/split off.

I am casting a wide net, I know but I am sure we will find out in the coming weeks if Oda stops teasing us so god damn much.

Entropia

No One Remembers
That would be interesting.

I really want to know what turned Law from that crazy kid to a doctor. I really feel this backstory has an amazing potential to be honest...

Probably. I have a feeling we will be getting our flashback shortly.

Kreed

pretty exciting stuff in the new chapter. too bad still no flashback for Law

I'm guessing they will be saving the flashback for when Law confronts Doflamingo. Too bad though, I'm anticipating seeing Doflamingo's brother more than the random combat right now.

Well disappointed a bit, thought we were diving in the flashback...

Actually, i feared that Law would be dying in this arc but to be fair, after all he's endured (meteorites, being shot, etc) i think he'd be dead now if Oda really wanted to do it (and well, it's OP too) .

So the next fights could be:

Law (and luffy) vs Doflamingo

Kyros vs Diamante

and i'm guesing Bartholomeo and Robin might find some company where they're going...

Current ones:

Zoro vs Pica

Sabo vs Fujitora and Marines

Colosseum Pirates vs Donquixote executives

(I just hope SOMEONE wipes the floor with Derringer, so fucking annoying...)

I think the reason Robin is never in fights is that she's way too overpowered, and Oda has trouble writing good fights for her.

When she joined she said that her combat skills were in infiltration and assassination. If she could just assassinate everyone they came up against then she would be as overpowered as anything. It's like, she did try it against Gekko Moria but failed. Abilities like assassination or sniping are normally over quickly one way or another and not long battles.

Really the worst female character development for me is Tashigi. She comes back in just to show how all powerful Zoro is and how she needs him to protect her.

When she joined she said that her combat skills were in infiltration and assassination. If she could just assassinate everyone they came up against then she would be as overpowered as anything. It's like, she did try it against Gekko Moria but failed. Abilities like assassination or sniping are normally over quickly one way or another and not long battles.

Really the worst female character development for me is Tashigi. She comes back in just to show how all powerful Zoro is and how she needs him to protect her.

This bothered me too. I want Tashigi to eventually be a rival to Zoro, and he just constantly blows her away. It kinda sucks. At least with Coby, his strength increases make it quite clear that eventually he'll catch up with Luffy. We haven't seen canon Coby yet, but if that little blurb from Episode of Luffy is any indicator of his current level of strength, he might have already caught up.

Well disappointed a bit, thought we were diving in the flashback...

Actually, i feared that Law would be dying in this arc but to be fair, after all he's endured (meteorites, being shot, etc) i think he'd be dead now if Oda really wanted to do it (and well, it's OP too) .

So the next fights could be:

Law (and luffy) vs Doflamingo

Kyros vs Diamante

and i'm guesing Bartholomeo and Robin might find some company where they're going...

Current ones:

Zoro vs Pica

Sabo vs Fujitora and Marines

Colosseum Pirates vs Donquixote executives

(I just hope SOMEONE wipes the floor with Derringer, so fucking annoying...)

That leaves Trebol out of the top officers if Zoro is fighting Pica and Kyros is fighting Diamante. Possibly it might be Bartholomeo since he is built up as one of the stronger characters. But I want to see the Dwarves get their revenge. Just how mean is that princess anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom