• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That leaves Trebol out of the top officers if Zoro is fighting Pica and Kyros is fighting Diamante. Possibly it might be Bartholomeo since he is built up as one of the stronger characters. But I want to see the Dwarves get their revenge. Just how mean is that princess anyway.

Regarding Trebol though, i don't know if it was mentioned here or in AP, but maybe they're pairing him up against Cavendish (for the beautiful vs horrible interaction) Really, the reactions could be hilarious there...

And yeah, the dwarves need their revenge, nice that we started to see some of it already...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I have a question: If a fishman ate a devil fruit, could they still swim normally in the sea? Or would they lose their strength and not be able to swim anymore?

Vander Decken had one. After he at it he basically had to live like a surface dweller.

haha luffy telling cavendish to get off his own horse

Poor horse. 4 people over it would be really too much lol

I didn't expect that kind of combined attack with luffy/cavendish, it kinda reminded me of the "Gomu Gomu no 300 pound Cannon" he and Zoro used against the agua laguna.

Korosenai

New chapter spoilers:

we finally get to see what Kanjuro looks like. Apparently instead of a sword he has a giant brush and can draw something and make it become real.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
New chapter spoilers:

we finally get to see what Kanjuro looks like. Apparently instead of a sword he has a giant brush and can draw something and make it become real.

So this is going to be Oda's self-insert character.

Riposte

I think the reason Robin is never in fights is that she's way too overpowered, and Oda has trouble writing good fights for her. Hirohiko Araki ran into the same problem with Pannacotta Fugo and his Stand Purple Haze. Though unlike Fugo, Oda can't write Robin out of the story as she's far too important to the mythos and world.

Also, short spoiler from ArlongPark
Kyros joins up with Luffy, Law & Cavendish.

Araki could make Robin's power work no problem. Oda could do better, assuming that's the reason.

Kreed

One Piece 754:

Nice to finally see what Kanjuro looks like (almost forgot about him). Hopefully he and Kimemon get the chance to do something important against Doflamingo too (besides releasing the soldiers).

Isn't that a character from Naruto?

It's the same ability as Sai from Naruto, except Kanjuro can't draw well.

Zeppu

Hahaha. I love that Kanjuro draws like a little child. His nonchalance is great too.

Looks like the first executive is down. Zoro didn't even need to use high level moves like Asura to defeat him. Excellent.

Bart's fanboyism is constantly hilarious.

I miss Sanji though.

Jigolo

And that's why Zoro is my favorite straw hat. So badass. I have a feeling the Donfalmingo fight will be 4v1 or 3v1 (no law). I don't think any of them along could defeat Doflamingo

Hypron

Pika is not out of it yet, I'm sure the fight will get much more intense...Zoro is being cocky.

Yeah it'd be quite disappointing if Pika wasn't even able to handle getting hit a single time. Zoro will still wreck him but I hope he puts a bit more of a fight before going down.

BatDan

1080 Cannon!
Obviously, PIca isn't done yet.

I guess my joke/theory about Kanjuro being Oda's self-insert wasn't entirely accurate...

I loved Luffy trying to 1-up Kyros and Law's grudge for Doflamingo.

kurahador

Yeah it'd be quite disappointing if Pika wasn't even able to handle getting hit a single time. Zoro will still wreck him but I hope he puts a bit more of a fight before going down.

I think Pika is Blueno tier, and Dofla actually has more powerful allies fighting alongside him.

CP0 I guess?

daveo42

Banned
Another pretty solid chapter with at least one plot thread resolved here. I wonder how they will play into the fights currently going on. There sure are a lot of them. I have a feeling we might not see true 1-on-1 fights until we get close to a true DF fight after Law backstory. I still want to know what happened with Big Mom and the rest of the crew...

Reminder: Zoro is still badass.

Nice of him to remind us of that this issue. We really haven't seen him stretch his legs since the time skip.

Zingerale

Banned
Awesome chapter. Loved the gag where luffy, law and kyros were fighting over how many years they had a grudge against doffy.

Zoro reminding us he's no joke.

And please for the love of god, can someone just pin down that fucking Derringer? he's OHKO-ing everyone.

robox

a few panels of fighting, a couple panels of jokes, and a lot of panels of "hey, it's pretty chaotic out there, eh?" but capped off with zoro doing big things. still only an ok chapter.

but i do find myself rooting for pansy ass looking derringer somewhat. he's doing more work than anybody else in this arc.

Dugna

Yeah Dellinger is kinda doing the most out of the Mingo family, hope they loses soon though. To bad Chopper is stuck on the ship or we would have a fight between horn users.

rouken

That's not how i pictured kanjuro lol
looks like Kumadori from Cp9

Also that zoro 1080 pound cannon. JOROZENBAIII

Kabuto

Uf8lxfW.png

hahaha Bartolomeo's fanboying never gets old.

Dang I thought Long Legs would at least put a fight but he got oneshotted.

Those giant nutcrackers look interesting I guess; wonder what they do.

Kreed

Those giant nutcrackers look interesting I guess; wonder what they do.

I'm curious about those as well. I can't think of any Devil Fruit users that they would fit with outside of Doflamingo's whole puppet/game theme, so I'm guessing they are simply Doflamingo traps.

Nasser

Today's chapter was ok. I was dying when Luffy was trying to repay his 30 years debt, very funny haha.

Pica is too weak for Zoro.

Did anyone notice this?

a3dWzlB.png

It looks like Dellinger might have a fighting fish Zoan.
Look at his horns, and the fin on his back. It also looks like there's a picture of one on his hat.

An aquatic Zoan is intriguing.

Korosenai

Did anyone notice this?

a3dWzlB.png

Look at his horns, and the fin on his back. It also looks like there's a picture of one on his hat.

I noticed that fin as well. Is that the first time its been shown? This is the first time ive seen it in a chapter.

Did anyone notice this?

a3dWzlB.png

I have a question about this Character people always refer to him as "him" but he dresses like a girl but doesn't look like normal Oda Okama so I was wondering how do people know that he is a he and not a she?

BatDan

I have a question about this Character people always refer to him as "him" but he dresses like a girl but doesn't look like normal Oda Okama so I was wondering how do people know that he is a he and not a she?

I think one of the Japanese translators mentioned that he uses male pronouns.

I think Pika is Blueno tier, and Dofla actually has more powerful allies fighting alongside him.

CP0 I guess?

As much as I'd like to see a CP0 fight, I still consider them an intelligence faction. They seem like masters of getting a certain idea into the public.

Kreed

Did anyone notice this?

a3dWzlB.png

There is a fighting fish on his hat, although during the flash back he had a different fish on his hat (both times his hat had horns), so that and the fin make me believe he does have fish related powers. But I couldn't see Oda giving him a fish Zoan, simply because it's water related and I would assume would be immune to water (way too powerful for someone like Delinger). I could see him being a fish man, or half fish man though.

Did anyone notice this?

a3dWzlB.png

wow, i didn't realize that he had a fin there!

it really looks like a fish Zoan after all, may explain him being as strong as to take out bellamy, and the other pirates...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did anyone notice this?

a3dWzlB.png

He could very well be a fishman in disguise, but a fish zoan would be interesting. How would that even work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom