• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

RomanceDawn

Shipping tends to happen in fandoms with a higher female presence (as girls and women are more likely to be the fanfiction writers), that's why Dragonball avoided it.

One Piece avoids getting bogged down because of Oda's peculiar skill in making characters sexual but not romantic (in that it's pretty clear where most of the crew's preferences lie, except maybe Franky, and that they have expressed those desires, and yet have never shown the slightest inclination of seriously acting upon them).

Basically you've got a group of people who have strong platonic connections to each other, and we've seen expressions of sexual interest floating around within that group as well, but somehow Oda's kept either of those from ever convincing most of the fanbase that a pairing is going to happen.
I'm not saying Franky's gay, btw. He seems very into his own masculinity but i'm not sure he's ever expressed interest in women. Even Luffy peeped on Nami and Vivi in the bath that one time, and Chopper found the gazelle mink.

There was one scene during Enies Lobby where Nami began to rip off Kalifa's clothing to find the key. Franky watched with some audible expression that sounded like he enjoyed the show and gave Nami a thumbs up. I'm about to look up that scene now.

Chapter 412 - Nami begins ripping off Kalifa's clothes, Franky say's "Nice!" with a thumbs up. I'm pretty sure he likes women.

Chase17

Good chapter.

-Bege was already great this arc, but the sign he left/the way he cruised on those wheels cemented him as a legend.

-Morgans not even thinking about his own life when it comes to the biggest news. What a journalist.

-Nice to see Gangster Gastino get his heart back. What will be next for him.

-Didn't quite understand the 2nd to last page. Are Chopper and Brook going back by boat while everyone else by land? Or are they all still rolling together.

LotusHD

Banned
Good chapter.

-Bege was already great this arc, but the sign he left/the way he cruised on those wheels cemented him as a legend.

-Morgans not even thinking about his own life when it comes to the biggest news. What a journalist.

-Didn't quite understand the 2nd to last page. Are Chopper and Brook going back by boat while everyone else by land? Or are they all still rolling together.

Why is that nice

Those are the frenchiest French voices that ever frenched.

Yesh

Good chapter.

Brook and Pedro too the shark submarine at the beginning of the arc remember they're going to get that

Ray Down

Banned
Big Mom was relatively in control when she killed her own flesh and blood earlier in the arc.

When she had the hunger lust on her full out she ate everyone she ever cared for, so...

What moment are you refering to?

She wasn't in control.

Good chapter.

Captured by Stussy.

Ray Down

Banned
I said I tried Ray!

image.php

LotusHD

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407541

Saw this in OT:

A video about a man in his fifties who has been dressing as a woman for 20 years "to help his mentally ill mum cope with the death of his sister" is being widely shared on Chinese social media.

Pear Video's film about the unnamed man has received over 4.2 million views on Weibo alone and is also being shared by major news portals.

The video shows the man from Guilin in the Guangxi region, tending to his elderly mother whilst wearing a traditional cheongsam dress.

He told Pear Video that he started dressing as a woman after his mother began to show signs of mental illness following the death of her daughter.

He added that his mother was immediately convinced that her daughter had come back.

"She was so happy, so I kept doing it," he said.

"I've basically been living as a woman ever since," he added. "I don't own any men's clothing."

Felt like it'd be too random to post there, but the story reminded me a lot of Senor Pink's backstory:

giphy.gif

Now I'm sad.

Sesha

God team hawk is so pointless.

Remember how Sasuke went on about bonds being a source of weakness, but then went and recruited a new team to help him find Itachi? What foresight. He truly is a genius of the Uchiha clan, and the brother of super genius wunderkind Itachi.

You kidding me? Sanji got his heart broken, that's not negligible!

It is hilarious that Luffy didn't even keep his lost tooth lmao
lol, I forgot about that. That would have been better than nothing!

Well they made a bigger name for themselveswhich some of the crew(only Nami,chopper and usopp) will see as a consequence that's something lol. Morgans bouta expose sanjis heritage, jinbe joining etc
True, I also think Big Mama is going to be on their ass no matter where they go.

I was just thinking of more immediate issues though. They got Sanji back, a copy of the poneglyph and they crumbled Big Mama's cake tower. And now they are just going to bounce. I would have liked one of them unable to use their abilities for a while, one of them being unable to escape, etc... That can still happen but yeah. I just want something that shows interacting with a Yonkou will have immediate, short and long term consequences.

Ray Down

Banned
Remember how Sasuke went on about bonds being a source of weakness, but then went and recruited a new team to help him find Itachi? What foresight. He truly is a genius of the Uchiha clan, and the brother of super genius wunderkind Itachi.

God the series just gets so much dumber due to Uchihas.

Jay RaR

Half the chapter with Big Mama rampaging, half the chapter with the Straw Hats escaping. Might be some Pudding inner monologue there somewhere.

Chase17

I need more sign post gags. Bebe just had the best one since Gary Oak left a message mocking Ash on one.
Just give me Pudding, Oda!
Who?

The longer she's gone the more interesting I think whatever happens with her will be though. Something must be up!

Ogodei

There was one scene during Enies Lobby where Nami began to rip off Kalifa's clothing to find the key. Franky watched with some audible expression that sounded like he enjoyed the show and gave Nami a thumbs up. I'm about to look up that scene now.

Chapter 412 - Nami begins ripping off Kalifa's clothes, Franky say's "Nice!" with a thumbs up. I'm pretty sure he likes women.

Completely forgot about that.

My example was from something completely non-canon, admittedly. In the One Piece Toriko Dragonball crossover, there was a gag where one "pervert" from each series was perving on the women from the other series. Someone ogling Nami and Rin, for instance. Franky was very "fascinated" by Android 18... because she was a fellow cyborg.

That was the only instance that stuck out in my mind and gave rise to my opinion that Franky was sort of beyond sexuality because he just cared about being a robot man now.

Ray Down

Banned
Kagari, the mod.

Was not the voice I was expecting.

I know it's weird but seeing her posts and how she expresses them I expected her to have a different voice.

Ray Down

Banned
Spoilers from Den_Den_Mushi from Oro:
Title: Cornered Sweets

The BMP try to save civilians who were buried in cake.

Count Niwatori is indignant that the tea party has been messed up. Pekoms arrives and tells him the Sun Pirates ran away.

Katakuri and Brûlée pursue the Straw Hats. He says he needs to kill Luffy before he becomes a threat to BM.

Smoothie comes up in a panic yelling to run away. Behind her is BM who is suffering from food sickness and causing chaos.

In her hand is Opera who got his soul stolen

Smoothie looks for Streussen. However he is on the verge of death from the impact of falling down.

The BMP despair but Perospero comes up with a crafty plan. He lies and says there was spare cake but the Straw Hats took it.

BM gets on Zeus and flies away.

To cure the food sickness what is needed is a cake that's more delicious than anything BM has had before.

Pudding comes running in and says this cake was a chocolate Chiffon cake.

'In terms of chocolate flavour I can't be beat even by the head chef! Chiffon is a Chiffon expert.

Pudding says the spare ingredients can be found in Choco town.

Pudding felt slighted by Sanji calling her eye beautiful and wanted to cooperate with BM for revenge.

Luffy and co approach the seducing woods. Nami has half the Vivre card given to her by Lola so she subdues Kig Baum and they keep running.

However BM comes down from above.

Chapter end.

Top Bottom