• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Big One

Banned
So this year is One Piece's 20th anniversary, and with all they're doing special for it, how do you think it's going to affect the manga? Here are my predictions:

- We will see the National Treasure of Mariejois.
- We will get more tidbits about the Void Century/Ancient Kingdom
- Kaido's Devil Fruit will get revealed.
- Blackeard will continue to make his moves.
- Well see some tidbits of the Zou group as well as Cat Viper's journey.
- The Revolutionary Commanders will get revealed.
- Zoro will abandon his group to train after an impactful event of sorts. (in the very least, I think this WILL happen sometime in the Wano arc, if not this year)

So this year is One Piece's 20th anniversary, and with all they're doing special for it, how do you think it's going to affect the manga? Here are my predictions:

- Zoro will abandon his group to train after an impactful event of sorts. (in the very least, I think this WILL happen sometime in the Wano arc, if not this year)

All of that isn't going to happen this year. We might get two of those in Reverie, but expecting us to learn about Kaido's devil fruit ability or the treasure in Mariejois so soon is too much.

Ray Down

Banned
A crew mate is dead :-(

Also this was the avatar I wanted:

line-sticker1151.png

Mikage happy sparkle face.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

The reverie

Big One

Banned
All of that isn't going to happen this year. We might get two of those in Reverie, but expecting us to learn about Kaido's devil fruit ability or the treasure in Mariejois so soon is too much.
Well since the Reverie IS at Marijois, it would make sense for Oda to take his time there since it's going to be an arc (presumeably small).

And the reason why I think we might see Kaido's fruit early is because that's how Oda introduced Big Mom's fruit. We pretty much found out the first few chapters into her arc. Unless there's something that Oda wants to surprise us with Kaido's abilities, I don't see why it would be any different. Either this year or early next year.

Well since the Reverie IS at Marijois, it would make sense for Oda to take his time there since it's going to be an arc (presumeably small).

And the reason why I think we might see Kaido's fruit early is because that's how Oda introduced Big Mom's fruit. We pretty much found out the first few chapters into her arc. Unless there's something that Oda wants to surprise us with Kaido's abilities, I don't see why it would be any different. Either this year or early next year.

We didn't learn the name of BM's devil fruit until 10 chapters into this arc. We'd be lucky to get the same amount of Wano chapters before the end of 2017.
Reverie is going to be a very short political arc with a lot of returning side characters. I think the big focus will be on the Shichibukai and the Straw Hats.

Why do you think Zoro is going to leave the group to train? He seems powerful enough now.

What I do think will happen.

- The final admiral will be revealed
- Cobra will be silenced by the WG and kingdoms around the world will begin siding with the Revolutionaries
- Kaido or Big Mom will kick the Strawhats' asses to show off the true strength of a Yonko
- The "traitor" from Zou will be revealed
- Blackbeard's new design will be shown

LotusHD

Banned
Why do you think Zoro is going to leave the group to train? He seems powerful enough now.

What I do think will happen.

- The final admiral will be revealed
- Cobra will be silenced by the WG and kingdoms around the world will begin siding with the Revolutionaries
- Kaido or Big Mom will kick the Strawhats' asses to show off the true strength of a Yonko
- The "traitor" from Zou will be revealed
- Blackbeard's new design will be shown

Wait what

Ray Down

Banned
Greg made a video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dTRuVM4a8

10 things you didn't know about One Piece....unless you follow him on twitter or read his blogs.

1. What colors do you think of with the Going Merry...are wrong!
2. Love for the classic, hidden tributes though out the backgrounds across the series.
3. Aliens in One Piece...all the way in chapter 9. (Alien charcters are old Oda high school creations)
4. Charcters from Oda award winning one shot Wnated, appear in the first OP movie.
5. Oda love for Wrestling, espically for a big Japanesse wrestler.
6. Ace was clearly cut from an omake.
7. Oda created a charcter based on a Nostradomos theroy of a man that would come back and destroy the world.
8. Wanted posters for Rayleigh and Robin way in advance.
9. Hidden posters telling people to stop looking so closely!
10. There's other hidden charcters that people still haven't found apart from Panda man.
Anpanman and Anpanwoman.

Top Bottom