• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One week after a heavily photographed brutal assault in Charlottesville, ZERO arrests

The thin veneer fell off

The veil was lifted

Nothing. It's always been like this. Trump just tore the bandaid off

Spoiler warning: it's always been like this.

Nothing. Just working as intended. Apparently the coat of paint that covered it wasn't too good. Or it was too good and that's why people didn't noticed it?

As a non-American, I'm guessing the person who asked the must've had his head buried in the sand, given it was so obvious to so many others.

From my perspective, something *cough* Trump *cough* has enabled the supremacists to be more public with their feelings.

Even more crazy is that Hillary warned of these types of deplorables and probably lost votes because she said it.

devilhawk

Fucking sad...these pieces of shit need to be positively identified and arrested already ffs.
That's the key. Sure, it's easy for the dipshits who admit to it on their own facebooks. But we should note there has already been awful failures. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/us/charlottesville-doxxing.html
I thought myself and others had learned their lesson from the Boston Bombing. If you are not 100% correct in your internet detectiving, no matter how well intentioned you are, you really are just a piece of shit.

bengraven

DHPm5apV0AAbVdc.jpg

Hold the fuck up. This asshole hasn't been arrested yet?

From the photojournalist who took two of the three images in the OP: the FBI just contacted him by email yesterday.
Zach D Roberts‏
@zdroberts
Follow
More
Zach D Roberts Retweeted Shaun King
I took this image and I was JUST yesterday contacted by the FBI by e-mail, thanks to @ShaunKing - I'll be talking to them Monday. Stay tuned

Puruzi

Banned
How do you gloat about that on Facebook and still not get arrested

I know the police don't give a fuck but dude just straight up told on himself and they still aren't doing anything.

Murkas

I wonder if they arrested that white guy who called the police and demanded they come down or he'll call in 200 armed men?

Hmmmm.

III-V

Thanks, OP. I was thinking of making this thread myself. Its quite clear that people are not as angry as they should be. Deandre could have been killed in a beating like this with a bad hit. These scum can be seen in so many images and yet, they are not arrested. Not only that, but the media really doesn't even touch on it.

From the photojournalist who took two of the three images in the OP: the FBI just contacted him by email yesterday.

Good, that means that the charges will be more severe. Let's get on it.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Well if local police are turning a blind eye it seems that the FBI may provide justice. Hopefully also hold the police up for turning a blind eye.

The police of Charlottesville were clearly overmatched for the entirety of the events, it seems a bit optimistic to think they would be able to investigate, make a determination of criminal liability, issue warrants, and extradite persons located in other states in the span of a few days with everything going on.

Wikipedia says Charlottesville is a town of 49k people, I can't imagine they have a large police force on hand to work and investigate cases like this as quickly as they should. Even assuming they have assistance from the VA state police, whatever they're called, its going to take some time to work up an investigation when your targets have fled the state. Search warrants for online accounts and IP addresses to verify the posts, cell phone call logs to verify location, etc etc. Some of that stuff takes more than a few days and you need some real identification to have a judge in a second state sign off on an extradition.

If these assholes aren't arrested by the end of the year, particularly if the FBI doesn't get involved, then I have an issue with them, but this timeline of identifying, putting together a case and arrests/extradition packet within a week by a local small town pd is not realistic.

This is not to say that pressure shouldn't still be applied to the powers that be, of course.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/26/us/charlottesville-arrests.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

One of them arrested. Warrant out for another.

Daniel P. Borden, 18, was charged with malicious wounding in connection with the aggravated assault on Mr. Harris, the police said. He was arrested Friday and was being held at the Hamilton County Justice Center in Cincinnati, the Charlottesville police said in a statement.

The authorities also released a wanted poster for Alex Michael Ramos, 33, of Marietta, Ga. He was also charged with malicious wounding, a felony punishable by one to five years in prison.
Continue reading the main story

“For DeAndre and his family, news of the arrest of one of the six men that assaulted him comes five suspects short and 14 days too late,” Mr. Merritt said Saturday. “Given that these men were identified by a journalist almost immediately, it appears that law enforcement sat on its hands for a couple of weeks before deciding they probably should arrest someone.”

Top Bottom