• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

Eyerox

I thought it was going to be tweaks and looked up the patch to see what you meant. Turns out it's a Countess week, with Countess love and praise, no tweaks haha. This will go down really good. /s

In high level play countess is dealt with fairly handily. What do you suggest should happen to countess to make her less Lethal in low level play, but not totally neuter her in high level play?

Ploid 3.0

In high level play countess is dealt with fairly handily. What do you suggest should happen to countess to make her less Lethal in low level play, but not totally neuter her in high level play?

I have no problem with Countess, but other's seem to insist that she's a problem in her current form. Which is why I said it will go down smoothly sarcastically. The people complaining about her will probably be rubbed the wrong way seeing she gets a week of attention and goodies, but continue to stay the same.

Maybe her Dark Tide is a bit too strong for a aoe ability?

Eggbok

Just played the most hilarious match of my life, the enemy team was Belica, Dekker, Phase, Narbash amd Muriel LOL! We won in 17 minutes, it was too good!

Eggbok

Shows Epic doesn't play the PS4 version. Since they changed the controls, voice comms have been on the d-pad. They never changed the message when you first start a match, either.

Keep nerfing Iggy, though. Really showing those Iggy players who can't destroy an entire team and still have full health who is boss.

You know you can change the controls back to legacy in settings right? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

You know you can change the controls back to legacy in settings right? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Yes, but the new default isn't L1, which means they don't even know their own game. Thus, Countess has gone on and on without being nerfed, while Iggy keeps getting nerfed.

Eyerox

Yes, but the new default isn't L1, which means they don't even know their own game. Thus, Countess has gone on and on without being nerfed, while Iggy keeps getting nerfed.

Take out her health regen after kills, nerf the hell out of Dark Tide (I think that is the one? The wave AOE that has way too much range and damage?)

Couple things:
The Iggy nerf was completely warranted. Early game in 1v1, Iggy is able to shut down just about every character due to his higher than normal output of DPS thanks to his turrets. At Lv.2, he gains Molotov, which is also an annoying DPS attack that makes early lane 1v1 a nightmare. His balance changes reflect tweaking that early game strength.

Countess (and Morigesh and a couple others) can really be dealt with by specific cards in your kit. Depending on who I'm running, I've stared carrying Sleeper Agent (silence), Plaguelord (Blight Aura), or Thorned Yomi (65% damage return). If I can see the target making a bee-line towards me, I make sure I'm prepared to do some serious mitigation. Silence deals with just about everybody, but it especially neuters Countess, Gideon, and Morigesh. Plaguelord completely shuts down Countess and Greystone (it actually makes it so his Ultimate doesn't go off.) Thorned Yomi is great against anybody that does large busts of damage against you really quickly; like Countess (again) and Kwang.

I keep those cards in my decks even if I'm not specifically built for their use. If I'm facing a team that is running a jungle Countess, I'll adapt and put one of my counters into play, regardless of what stats I'm trying to build.

So... they nerf Iggy because random people can't deal with him early game? But Countess can run around 1 shotting entire teams late game? I know there are counters, but with Iggy here is the counter... take out his turrets. Doesn't require a special card or picking a certain character. Take out his turrets and he is terrible.

I also think they should take out all of the invisibility. It makes Countess worse and I think it makes Kallari less "special."

jediyoshi

pz5BLbL.jpg

Taking last screenshots with the old map, gonna miss it in some weird way

Map talk's been making me miss Legacy a lot more though, that announce trailer👌👌👌

Eyerox

Take out her health regen after kills, nerf the hell out of Dark Tide (I think that is the one? The wave AOE that has way too much range and damage?)

Looks like you answered the first part of my question but NOT the second part. How would your proposed nerfs make her relevant in high level play?

Looks like you answered the first part of my question but NOT the second part. How would your proposed nerfs make her relevant in high level play?

Better to nerf her in high level play than let her be insanely OP in the lower levels. Because as it is, people probably will get tired of getting 1 shotted by Countess.

Eggbok

Countess is why I became a Belica main, got her to master and everything lol.
I love shitting on Countess after she does her ult and think's she has me. Especially when she tries to tower dive, I get her every time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ploid 3.0

I love shitting on Countess after she does her ult and think's she has me. Especially when she tries to tower dive, I get her every time.

Yeah Belica is very solid. I hit rank 11 for the gold key yesterday. I wish she had tier 2 or 3 skins, but Muriel first!

Espada

Taking last screenshots with the old map, gonna miss it in some weird way

Map talk's been making me miss Legacy a lot more though, that announce trailer👌👌👌

Yeah, I'm going to take a few screenshots of the map as it is now before it gets updated. I wish I had done the same for Legacy.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the changes being introduced. The ones I really like are Grim's stat buffs, the shield's cost being dropped to 0 mana, and all the Coop vs AI improvements. The change to chests so there's more valuable crap in them (and more of a reason to go for Gold/Diamond) is a welcome one.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah, I'm going to take a few screenshots of the map as it is now before it gets updated. I wish I had done the same for Legacy.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the changes being introduced. The ones I really like are Grim's stat buffs, the shield's cost being dropped to 0 mana, and all the Coop vs AI improvements. The change to chests so there's more valuable crap in them (and more of a reason to go for Gold/Diamond) is a welcome one.

I may have went through 120+ diamond chests recently getting 4 characters to rank 11. 2 from rank 1, the other two from rank 2. I should have waited. Oh well, the grind continues with more characters when I get more boost sometime. I'm too burned out to farm them any time soon.

Ploid 3.0

Community Paragon stream going on now. Paragon guy showing off stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwwMm7bIQI

https://www.twitch.tv/playparagon

It looks soooo pretty. I'm trying to concentrate on what this guy is saying but I'm just looking at the pretty walls, and water, and mude, oh and mist, leaves, dust.... ahh

Update = 8 GBs on PC, 5 GBs on PS4.

Something from yesterday or something?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-wr0nu5jXQ

Edit: New Shadow's Eve skins. The new map may be slightly decorated for Shawdow's eve too.

Kallari's jump pad animation is the front flip from the first Paragon trailer. Nice touch Epic!

Ploid 3.0

They usually update around that time. Early morning for the US.

My PC sort of sweats now. The GPU No Load Limit graph goes up and down constantly though. I wonder what that's about. Temp never went above 61.

The AI doesn't pick Yin 100% of the time now (player team or ai team). No more easy farming hah. The team with Yin was at a disadvantage, I would exit draft (AI solo) whenever Yin was picked for my team.

Toni

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Man, what an insult is that sort of play to Countess.

I've never seen even a weak Countess be humiliated like that by Belica, which is always one of the ones I feast on first because of her mana syphon generator affecting me (mostly early game) and my team.

It almost hurts to see it lol.

Arcane Dancer, Spell Protection and Thorned Yomi is the legendary combo to deal with virtually anything on early to mid plays as Countess until you get to Red Zone and its God mode on.

You got lucky friend.

Espada

AI are now a bunch of savages, holy shit. In the last match I had, there was a Iggy that was well fed off the guy in middle lane. For the rest of that game we avoided him because the persistent burn damage alone was absurd.

Playing melee characters against them is significantly harder than using a ranged one.

Eggbok

I've never seen even a weak Countess be humiliated like that by Belica, which is always one of the ones I feast on first because of her mana syphon generator affecting me (mostly early game) and my team.

Arcane Dancer, Spell Protection and Thorned Yomi is the legendary combo to deal with virtually anything on early to mid plays as Countess until you get to Red Zone and its God mode on.

You got lucky friend.

Maybe and maybe not, I rarely have issues taking out a Countess though lol.
This gif though, was definitely luck! I know she was so pissed after I killed her lol.

giphy.gif

NickMitch

NOoooo!!! My main Steel has been nerfed! The shield bash replacing the shield dash ruins everything. Well back to deckbuilding to see if i can rebalance hom enough. Otherwise i will have to switch main....darnit

On the positive side. Great map rework and better minion spawn. QoL indeed

Kalentan

Holy shit--the AI got a lot harder. They have different tactics, and they actually build cards now.

Otherwise, the new map is astoundingly beautiful.

Okay so I'm not the only one.

AI matches were always push overs. Matches so easy you could almost finish them in under 10 minutes. I just played one for 37 minutes (granted I crashed and had to restart my PS4 but still), and that NEVER happened before this patch.

The AI was brutal! That Murdock in particular!

Also because the game crashed... It gave me NO rewards for the match because I went AFK. Fuck you Epic Games. FUCK YOU.

You got lucky friend.

Until right now I was sure Belica was a perfect counter to Countess. Anyway, I have a video of mine that's even more surprising than that and my Throned Yomi was broken at that time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxREfLqf-8

ChuckNyce

Wow, forgot how effing off-putting the communities for these types of games can be, good lord. Got about 7 days of play time under my belt since the launch of the beta in early 2016, but in the past 7 months I've not played more than one or two ranked games and some AI matches due to my son being born. Booted into a ranked game earlier today to try my Fey and see the v43 graphical improvements. Lasted a whole 15 minutes before being called a "fucktard" and told another player and I were going to be reported because we apparently weren't calling out our lanes properly. Umm...oops? Anywhoo, at least the map is real pretty.

Top Bottom