• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PARAMORE |OT| Line up changes, emo angst, and guilty pleasures (oh, and Hayley gifs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yea I added this song to my Spotify and have been listening to it exclusively for 2 weeks. There's only a few songs I don't like. Fake Happy is probably my favorite song.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah man, Fake Happy is one of the better tracks, really showcases her voice too.

"I'm gonna draw my lipstick wider than my mouth,"

2syqRGv.jpg

Here's a gif, why not.

Protome

Bumping this thread because I went to their Edinburgh show tonight and it was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to. Crowd were going nuts, band were on point and played a good selection of all the hits (I was happy to hear things like I Caught Myself, a personal fave) and it was just all around a pretty amazing gig.

Is that true? Poor Hayley if it's the case :/

And you know what, the lyrics of the album songs reflect quite well what hayley's been living, tbh. It really has a kinda depressive tone behind the bright color and upbeat rhythms...

It's less evident than BNE, though.

He was cheating? Bro, you were punching well above your weight with her, dumbass.

He was married to her too? She's fine as well! Is he like a hypnotist or something?

There have been a ton of rumors about him cheating on her. And it's something that really picked up recently when Paramore chose to cover Passionfruit on BBC. That's a song about being unable to trust someone while in a long distance relationship and eventually breaking up with them. And now just a few weeks later this news hits.

BJK

Not sure if this was posted but I thought it was a pretty good article/interview with Haley. Kind of long as it details information from the beginning but the last half talks about recent Haley.

http://www.thefader.com/2017/06/29/paramore-hayley-williams-cover-story-interview

Based on the announcement today sorta makes a little more sense on how the interview went towards the end. I'm sure a lot of that weighed on her mind.

Knowing she wrote "Forgiveness" (my favorite song on the album) about her marriage - in addition to the press release about the break-up - is just heartbreaking. Together, they contextualize why After Laughter is a tough album for me to listen to...not because it's bad, or because it's a new sound, but out of the sense of despair (hopelessness, to use her word) running through the lyrics. You genuinely want good things to happen to good people, but this album just feels like life kicked her in the teeth.

Glad she had the wherewithal to seek counseling, and I hope she can find cause to be sincere happy somewhere down the line.

Yeah, it gets kinda hard to listen after all of this. The depressive lyrics + the catchy-happy beats knowing the story behind feel too personal, disrupted.

Hope hayley finds happiness again.

With all the "milkshake duck" talk around these days this makes me super happy

hayley8fs04.png

hayley1b6sha.png

Not that I necessarily thought otherwise about her, but holy shit would I have been salty as fuck if I were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom